Back in Black
Well, I'm not liking the ideas behind the movies.

They keep making the other Ultras weaker, except Ultraseven, right?

Silver Giant
Oh, I'll have to agree in that with you. Really like the old school Ultras, but to all of the to get their ass-kicked by Belial is just ridiculous...
I really like Zero though, he is just a "bit" overpowered...

Back in Black
Small things bother people in different ways. This just bothers me more than it bothers others.

The creators want to make something much stronger each time, but a hero with modest strength is what is needed.

SLICE
Well, I'm not liking the ideas behind the movies.

They keep making the other Ultras weaker, except Ultraseven, right?

Not really.

It could be argued that Seven has always stood above the other Brothers if only due to his lack of a time limit, but even then it shows that Seven, Zoffy and Ultraman are all pretty equal on the battle field, able to fight with Belial for an extended period of time.

Ultra Father is shown to be stronger than Belial is-it was Belial's staff that gave him the edge.

Zero is just supposed to be really powerful, but he's the only Ultra in the longest time to pull that off.

Mebius fought and clawed his way up through out his entire series and he was still not equal with the Ultra Brothers-even his fusion with Hikari and the CREW GUYS is shown to only maybe be more powerful than the average Ultraman.

I say this because we both see Zoffy fighting along side this version of Mebius equally, and later we see UltraSeven fight something (the Armor of Darkness) that it took that form to defeat.

I can see why you would dislike it, but it's not a sin Ultraman is repeating all that often, if at all.

Zero also really does pull it off unlike a lot of Kamen Riders who claim the same (Decade.)

Back in Black
I want something more like Mebius if that's the case.

I hope that Tsuburaya doesn't continue doing this in a more heightened fashion. Ultras mostly are within the same or similar universes, so it might reach Decade level one day.

Shyni
Not really.

It could be argued that Seven has always stood above the other Brothers if only due to his lack of a time limit, but even then it shows that Seven, Zoffy and Ultraman are all pretty equal on the battle field, able to fight with Belial for an extended period of time.
Not to mention fight off a whole army. I'd say they're possibly stronger than they used to be.

Mebius fought and clawed his way up through out his entire series and he was still not equal with the Ultra Brothers-even his fusion with Hikari and the CREW GUYS is shown to only maybe be more powerful than the average Ultraman.

I say this because we both see Zoffy fighting along side this version of Mebius equally, and later we see UltraSeven fight something (the Armor of Darkness) that it took that form to defeat.
Wait, really? I haven't watched much of Mebius, but didn't Burning Brave have stronger attack power than even Taro, what with killing that regenerating Imperializer and all?
[/QUOTE]

I hope that Tsuburaya doesn't continue doing this in a more heightened fashion. Ultras mostly are within the same or similar universes, so it might reach Decade level one day.
Zero does feel oddly Decade like, considering that he travels through different universes and gains powers from different sources (Ultimate Zero from Noa, and now his form-changing from Cosmos and Dyna). But at least he doesn't go and kill off the previous heroes like Decade did.

SLICE
Actually I think it's pretty much confirmed later on that Mebius, even in Burning Brave, is notably less powerful than the older Ultras. Or at least Seven and arguably Ultraman.

The deal with the first fight against that Imperializer is just that-it was regenerating, already blown apart several times before then. Mebius just gave it the finishing blow.

What I mean by 'at least weaker than Seven and Ultraman' is shown in their team ups, and Mebius' team up with Leo.

Leo easily kicked the crap out of Mebius, and I think we can agree he was still the top dog over Mebius at the end of the episode...

...but Leo has always been second best to UltraSeven. Almost everything Leo knows was drilled into him by Seven, and the one time they did fight, admittedly in human form, Seven wiped the floor with him.

Speaking of Seven-Mebius fought Glozam, and even in Burning Brave he was utterly defeated.

Seven took on Glozam, at the last minute as he does, and honestly could have won without Mebius or humanity's help-but that'd defeat the purpose of his lesson.

He was easily over powering and kicking around Glozam, despite the fact that Glozam is literally made of UltraSeven's kryptonite. Seven is vulnerable to cold things, they make his energy run out faster, and Glozam was MADE of cold. Seven was still kicking his ass six ways to sunday.

Ultraman himself easily defeated Mephilas, who Mebius and Crew GUYS were having a lot of trouble with.

So yeah. UltraSeven and Ultraman being higher up on the scale than the others has always been a thing.

Seven wasn't Leo's mentor for nothing.

Can anyone give me synopses of the UltraSeven episodes, "The Seven Assassination Plot" & "The Greatest Invasion in History", please? They seem to be quite important in the original show.

Shyni
Actually I think it's pretty much confirmed later on that Mebius, even in Burning Brave, is notably less powerful than the older Ultras. Or at least Seven and arguably Ultraman.

The deal with the first fight against that Imperializer is just that-it was regenerating, already blown apart several times before then. Mebius just gave it the finishing blow.

What I mean by 'at least weaker than Seven and Ultraman' is shown in their team ups, and Mebius' team up with Leo.

Leo easily kicked the crap out of Mebius, and I think we can agree he was still the top dog over Mebius at the end of the episode...

...but Leo has always been second best to UltraSeven. Almost everything Leo knows was drilled into him by Seven, and the one time they did fight, admittedly in human form, Seven wiped the floor with him.

Speaking of Seven-Mebius fought Glozam, and even in Burning Brave he was utterly defeated.

Seven took on Glozam, at the last minute as he does, and honestly could have won without Mebius or humanity's help-but that'd defeat the purpose of his lesson.

He was easily over powering and kicking around Glozam, despite the fact that Glozam is literally made of UltraSeven's kryptonite. Seven is vulnerable to cold things, they make his energy run out faster, and Glozam was MADE of cold. Seven was still kicking his ass six ways to sunday.

Ultraman himself easily defeated Mephilas, who Mebius and Crew GUYS were having a lot of trouble with.

So yeah. UltraSeven and Ultraman being higher up on the scale than the others has always been a thing.

Seven wasn't Leo's mentor for nothing.
Hmmm, so uh, if Mebius isn;t too strong, how come his normal Mebium blade managed to hurt EX Zetton? Actually, when you think about it, EX Zetton was disappointing. Didn't even use any shields.

Can anyone give me synopses of the UltraSeven episodes, "The Seven Assassination Plot" & "The Greatest Invasion in History", please? They seem to be quite important in the original show.
The old Absolute Ultraman website had synopses for those. Here ya go.

Thanks!

Hmmm, so uh, if Mebius isn;t too strong, how come his normal Mebium blade managed to hurt EX Zetton? Actually, when you think about it, EX Zetton was disappointing. Didn't even use any shields.

The old Absolute Ultraman website had synopses for those. Here ya go.

Thank you! And, thank goodness for The Wayback Machine's archiving of the old Absolute Ultraman site! I just wish Absolute Ultraman's proprietor was still in the game. :disappoin