Is Kaba-chan transexual? Lots of Toku articles say that, but I can found no original source that says that's how Kaba-chan identifies.

It'd be nice if Japan's minority groups get more screentime - Korean and Chinese residents, indigenous people like the Ainu, and immigrants from Latin America. Though I don't trust the portrayals to be very good.

Well, I'm not sure if Kaba-chan is a transexual or a drag queen. Either way, Kaba-chan has been a good addition to the show.

That's what I worry about as well. I dont want the stereotype to be true.

*EDIT* What would also be awesome is if we had a Rider that was from a minority group. Kinda like Leo in Faiz.

Last edited:
Super Moderator
I found this weeks ep pretty enjoyable for the most part, except for Shunpei. We have a pretty good cast otherwise and then we have this Droppo dressed like Ronald McDonald's illegitimate son doing forced pratfalls masquerading as comedy. He really does not seem to serve any functional purpose to the story whatsoever besides "dur-hur he fall down." Hell, the Phantom of the week this time was more genuinely funny.

I'm interested to find out more background on Koyomi. I couldn't help but notice the way Wizards water form is used is not unlike RX's BioRider Form. Medusa mentions that they work for Wiseman, Is this first mention we've had of him or have they spoken of him before and I've simply forgotten it.

The more they have people placing their hands on Haruto's belt the worse that belt design becomes.

The new Tendou Souji
Offhand, I remember a mention of "Wiseman" in episode 1 when Phoenix and Medusa were talking together.

Took me 4 episodes, but the show won me over. Not that I didn't like it in the first place, but now I really like it like the previous three. I was one of those who thought Haruto was douchey at first, but that quickly changed in episode 3.

I love how he's like "oh..." when something bad happens. It's like a reaction when playing a horror video game, and some monster shows up and you scream "oh shiet" because it makes it easier to face it. Not saying Haruto does that but it would be cool.

Also, loved the MOTW.

The cast is overall good. Koyomi, a little annoying in this episode but I know why I think that and it will probably change soon enough.

Alright, Wizard!

Wizard 4:

- The belt keeps going back and forth between "Driver On, Please" and just "Driver On". A lack of consistency there, though I wish the "Please" was dropped entirely.

- Is it going to be a trend now to have the Rider's main aide to not be a normal human? Every Neo Heisei show has featured one thus far. (Though you could probably leave out Phillip as he was one half of W.)

- I like that Rinko can innocently suppress a laugh at Kaba's antics, when a scene like that would probably just be treated with a shrug in a Western sitcom or drama.

- Nice Faiz callback with the "Error", though it's not something you'd expect a magical device to say.

Minato Ascending
I've taken Japanese classes, but we never got to kanji. What are the word bubbles saying?

In the second bubble, Rinko was saying "You guys..." And in the third bubble, it is asking you to be creative and come up with what Rinko would've said. :anime:

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Wizard 4:
- The belt keeps going back and forth between "Driver On, Please" and just "Driver On". A lack of consistency there, though I wish the "Please" was dropped entirely.

I think they're slowly trying to wean out the "Please" from the show, but it appears there is still some internal conflict between the production staff and the people of Bandai to keep spamming the "Please" for promotional purposes for the Wizard toys.

Just my speculating theory

No Fear, No Pain.
Pretty much everything has been mentioned by one person or another so i will try to bring out some stuff that hasn't been.

First of all I really like the outfits for Haruto and Koyomi, both fit them perfectly. Both outfits do exactly what they should, making Haruto look like a new age wizard, and Koyomi looks like she is caught between being a doll and a human. Rinko rocks the suit pretty well, but they don't go out of their way to make it look any different from her suit in episode 1-3. Shunpei...man Shunpei...Gai did it but he did it better. I'm all for them useing a rather child like, colorful style, but this week he looked like he stole clothes from a three year old. My suggestion to them is to tone the colors down just a little, and to create the sense of hidden potential. At least that was what I got from Gai's outfits which were childish, but still had that small flare of a wanderer to them. If that makes sense to anyone else.

The Villian was also just kind of their this episode, but it really works for that actor. The last two guys thought out their attacks and methods, especially with hellhound. Caitsith just doesn't give a **** though, as a cat shouldn't. That is what i got from the character: "I'm a giant cat....why should I give a **** if you arn't feeding me or threatening me?" Basically Medusa was a human shaped spray bottle in this episode...

Not of fan of Haruto having so many people's hands near his crotch as a major part of the plot...three main characters and a security guard. I understand why...but I don't like it.

Other then that the plot is cool, the characters are likeable, and it has enough serious buisness and subtle humor to keep me enthralled. They don't abuse the "Power of the week" too much, and focus on characters and plot as well as very cool fight scenes.

Speaking of which I am also very happy with Wizard's open palm fighting style. When they first introduced the rings I wasn't sure how he was going to fight. The mix of grappling, kicking, redirection, gun play, and sword play are very, very cool to me.

All and all each character does somthing for me and as each gets deeper into their roles I feel we will have a very time with them.

Haruto is the hero with a tragic past who choses to radiate joy while keeping his own troubles out of sight. After all it was by chosing to have hope over despair that saved his life and set him on his path. He isn't hiding his pain, he just choses to deny it control over him.

Koyomi is a hard ass with concerns for Haruto, probably because he is the only one who can totally understand her (in her mind at least) and she is the only thing keeping her alive. She may be clingy now, but I feel like once she breaks from her shell she will be this season's Sumiko Ozawa.

I wanted Rinko to be Hikawa or Ichijo, instead it looks like she will be more of a Natsumi or Hina. I am actually ok with this since it means she won't be too serious of a character unless she has to be. She can laugh when out of danger, but still run and gun when their is trouble. In this episode she was able to get in, get the gate, and get out without loosing her cool. She may not be much help in a fight, but by God she handles herself pretty well and still manages to giggle at Shunpei's...whatever it is Shunpei does.

Shunpei...believe it or not he did somthing this episode that I found interesting. True his clummsy slapstick stuff isn't very funny, but you have to say something for a guy who is commited to...well to sticking to the guy he feels he owes alot. His reaction to Koyomi "being dead" was the interesting thing about this episode. He didn't cry or over react; he just kind of froze up and wasn't sure what to do. All he could do was call Haruto and then just sit there. While this may make him seem useless, especially by not even trying to save Koyomi when Medusa had her intangled. it furthers to show his child like nature. Shunpei wants to help, but most of the time he just doesn't know how to. I bet we get an episode where he mans up soon and finds his place in the group. Gai had at least two such episodes (His second appearence, and the Hyuga episode.) Right now Shunpei may not be much, but in time I believe (and hope) he figures out what he can do.

And of course we get an appearence by the donut hungry crew who are actually more entertaining then Santa-Chan and Watcherman, two of my favorite characters from W. We also find out just how important they are to the plot, provideing Haruto with not just sugery fun treats, but with the calories that become his Mana. In essence these two are almost as important as Wajima. Almost...