Dogora? Why?
I just had a look for the reason. Apparently a book was released that featured a timeline of monster attacks for the "Kiryu Saga" films and included it. Which is kind of like how there was that book that declared Ninja Captor a Sentai series, but given that the only films from my list that I have left to watch are 'King Kong Escapes' and 'Space Amoeba', I might as well throw these two in...assuming I can find a translated version of Dogora. That's another mega-obscure one.
Here is a list of Toho films where monsters and/or aliens play a significance. You could tell how obsessive I am (Yes, this is from the TVTropes page of Godzilla. I was the one who added most of them, so yeah).
[hide]
Rodan (1956)
The Mysterians (1957)
Varan The Unbelievable (1958)
The Three Treasures (1959)
Battle In Outer Space (1959)
Mothra (1961)
Gorath (1962)
Atragon (1963)
Dogora (1964)
Frankenstein Conquers The World (1965)
War Of The Gargantuas (1966)
King Kong Escapes (1967)
Latitude Zero (1969)
Space Amoeba (1970)
The War In Space (1977)
Yamato Takeru (1994)
Rebirth of Mothra (1996)
Rebirth of Mothra 2 (1997)
Rebirth of Mothra 3 (1998)
[/hide]
I'll have to look a few of them up. I'm making those that link to the Big-G my priority for now. Thanks though. I must admit I've never heard of 'The Three Treasures'.

Last edited:
Zone Fighter is part of the Showa timeline, but finding the series might prove a little difficult.
...and I haven't seen any indication that Zone Fighter is referenced in any of the movies.
Well I'm at least partially wrong. Apparently Gigan only makes one appearance in the Showa era films because he died in Zone Fighter. So something of consequence happened in that show.
I have a translated version of Dogora.
I'm looking at a version at the moment but it's not entirely clear whether it's subbed or not. So if it's the raw I might shoot you a message asking how/where you got hold of that, if that's OK.

Back in Black
What's your region?

You also could unlock DVD players and you could change your computer's region, but it usually locks the region after three changes.

Edit: Cool. Amazon shot up the price. It makes me feel better.