Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Ep 31 - "Space Sheriff Gavan Arrives!"

Minato Ascending
I'm sure it will come up again, but with Gavan 'n' the gang showing up so suddenly, the characters haven't had much time for everything to sink in

Well, Toei really wants the kids to start liking Go-busters, and having them moping around and crying for their parents is probably deemed too melodramatic for the young audience to digest. I hope it will come up later, after Gavan has left to promote his movie elsewhere, but it all depends on what they will do for the remaining episodes.

Would like to change his avatar
I was excited about the new Gavan movie...

Until I watched this episode. If this was any indication of how a new Uchuu Keiji series would be, with how horribly they tried and failed to recreate that goofy Makuu/Mado/Fuuma "weirdness," Toei can just shelve the idea now.

Don't really care for the new Gavan, his mullet, or those mariachi noises he was making when he'd fight.

Maybe I should just blame Go-busters. They can't do anything else right, why expect them to get a crossover right?

Red Falcon
Today's episode was nice and all, having a former Yellow interacting with the current Yellow, new Gavan showing up and kicking ass and stuff but i feel it could have been a one parter instead of two. Enter could have just showed up in the next episode instead of just appearing and randomly throwing in a Metaroid.

To put it simply, what happens in next week's episode could have been what happened in today's episode

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Well, Toei really wants the kids to start liking Go-busters, and having them moping around and crying for their parents is probably deemed too melodramatic for the young audience to digest. I hope it will come up later, after Gavan has left to promote his movie elsewhere, but it all depends on what they will do for the remaining episodes.

The only current plot thread we've got going now is the question of Masato's body and what's going to happen to him (Lynxara made a better post about this on the thread for the last episode.) Any danger to Masato means the risk of Ryuuji losing his senpai and/or Yoko losing her possible dad. If that happened, I think it would be almost certain that Hiromu and Yoko's parents would be mentioned again.

Until I watched this episode. If this was any indication of how a new Uchuu Keiji series would be, with how horribly they tried and failed to recreate that goofy Makuu/Mado/Fuuma "weirdness," Toei can just shelve the idea now.

Don't really care for the new Gavan, his mullet, or those mariachi noises he was making when he'd fight.

Maybe I should just blame Go-busters. They can't do anything else right, why expect them to get a crossover right?

As far as the New Gavan goes, this episode was neither written nor directed by the movie's staff.

Anyway, the main issue with this episode is that it was just... bland. The only idea here seems to be the crossover itself, with nothing on top of it. The Black/Black RX episodes in Decade had the whole "Are you willing you spend your entire life fighting a seemingly endless battle?" question throughout, using the older Kotaro fighting alone as an example of that, and Gokaiger Vs Gavan created a relationship between Gavan and Marvelous in order to give their encounter and interactions some weight. Here, there's really nothing, they're trying to sell the crossover just with the crossover itself.

To put it simply, what happens in next week's episode could have been what happened in today's episode

I don't think Enter was just randomly thrown in though. Enter will be seemingly elevant to next week's episode, considering how he seems to be related to the change that RhinoDoubler will go through, so cutting this build up here would just make his appearance even more random afterwards.

Last edited:
The Meteor has landed
Y'know, for a tie-in episode for the new Gavan movie, this felt like just a normal focus episode for Yoko. Nothing really stood out to get people interested to watching Gavan again seeing how he only appears for, I don't know, the last 10 minutes! I hope the next episode does the marketing ploy better.

Ore, Sanjou!
Y'know, for a tie-in episode for the new Gavan movie, this felt like just a normal focus episode for Yoko. Nothing really stood out to get people interested to watching Gavan again seeing how he only appears for, I don't know, the last 10 minutes! I hope the next episode does the marketing ploy better.

y'know, considering the episodes are only 25 minutes, 10 minutes is a good amount of screentime. and besides, we're getting more Gavan action next week too, including mech action with Gavan.

I think this episode was well done, and hope that next week's episode will also satisfy

Nothing right? I can think of one thing!
tumblr_m5jh8b7SGD1r2o4tgo2_250.png

Go-Busters' ratings rose 0.5%, while Wizards' rose 0.2%. Nothing too big, but I guess this guest appearance worked to some point, especially considering how this is the new Gavan and his partner appearing even before their own movie.

It'll be a disappointment if they were expecting something bigger though, but at least it didn't drive away viewers, unlike what happened with many of the later Legend episodes in Gokaiger.

Last edited: