1) I'm still not sure about what universe Ultra Galaxy takes place in. Did they retcon all Heisei shows into the Showa universe, or does Ultra Galaxy just ignore the separate universes and puts stuff from them in anyway?

2) Relating to the first question, why does Max makes a brief cameo in the movie when Belial first returns to the Land of Light after being freed? And why is Musashi/Cosmos suddenly a ZAP member? Why didn't he join the other Ultras against Belial?

3) Asuka's sudden appearance felt out of left field. I've read that this movie follows up on the Dyna finale when got lost in a wormhole and ended up in the Ultra Galaxy universe, but there is no explanation of that. He just shows up and the Showa Ultras accept him without question.

I get the impression this movie was made for people already familiar with the Ultraman characters and thus needed little exposition, but I thought it would be touched on a bit more than just "I'm also on a journey".

4) How exactly did Ultraseven sire Zero? I imagine it can't be like animal copulation.

5) Who was the Leo lookalike who was with Leo all the time?

I'll watch the second movie soon. Does it answer any of this, or just continues going with the flow?

1) I'm still not sure about what universe Ultra Galaxy takes place in. Did they retcon all Heisei shows into the Showa universe, or does Ultra Galaxy just ignore the separate universes and puts stuff from them in anyway?

I don't follow Ultra series closely, but at the time news about the movie was out I remember reading that M78 connects all the parallel universes. That's why M78 Ultraman from other universes can randomly appear in M78 scenes. It might have come from one of the magazine scans, but at this point I can't really remember, so I'm not even sure if it's really official information. The series itself goes on to use dimensional traveling as an important part of the later movie's premises though.

And why is Musashi/Cosmos suddenly a ZAP member? Why didn't he join the other Ultras against Belial?

He isn't an M78 Ultra nor had even appeared alongside them before Ultra Galaxy, IIRC. And for why he doesn't really do anything... Well, you can just see it as a cameo. That character has his original actor and everything, but he's credited as just "Musashi", not "Musashi Haruno".

Musashi Haruno/Cosmos appears as a main character in the third Ultraman Zero movie, and that apparently ignores his ZAP ties here.

5) Who was the Leo lookalike who was with Leo all the time?
I think you're talking about Astra, Leo's brother.

I'll watch the second movie soon. Does it answer any of this, or just continues going with the flow?

Continues with the flow.

Shyni

2) Relating to the first question, why does Max makes a brief cameo in the movie when Belial first returns to the Land of Light after being freed? And why is Musashi/Cosmos suddenly a ZAP member? Why didn't he join the other Ultras against Belial?
I think non-Showa Ultras like Max and Powered appearing were mainly as crowd-fillers. The movie never actually touches on that bit of continuity stuff. And anyway, considering that the previous movie needed us to accept that there's one universe where Daigo, Asuka and Gamu grew up together and watched Ultraman, the implication that the Showa universe has guys that look exactly like Max, Xenon, Powered, and Musashi feels like less of a stretch.

3) Asuka's sudden appearance felt out of left field. I've read that this movie follows up on the Dyna finale when got lost in a wormhole and ended up in the Ultra Galaxy universe, but there is no explanation of that. He just shows up and the Showa Ultras accept him without question.
Well, considering that it's been more than a Decade since Asuka disappeared from his home universe, it's possible that he's been hanging around with the M78 Ultras for a while already.
4) How exactly did Ultraseven sire Zero? I imagine it can't be like animal copulation.
Interesting question. It seems that nobody really knows Zero's origin. Koji Moritsugu, who played Dan Moroboshi/Ultraseven was asked about Zero's mother and his reply was “I really do not know who the mother of Ultraman Zero is. Please do not ask me about it. However, I think that this mystery is a fantasy.”

Basically, it looks like nobody knows where Zero came from. He supposedly has a mother, but there's nothing to tell us who she might be, and I don't know how beings of light actually reproduce.

Last edited:
Skreeong!
The other ultras were just cameoes as they all came from a version of m78, it's also why they don't appear in the next film.

The movie pretty much made it clear that Dyna and Nexus have their own universes.
We can place Tiga in the Dyna universe.

Then we have Gaia and Agul. Where they even in the movie? I don't remember seeing them in the crowd.

Back in Black
What? It establishes Dyna's existence in his own universe and that consequentially brings Tiga into that same universe? It should be the other way...

Gaia and Agul come from their own universe.

This is so strange. Why did they even make the movie?

Silver Giant
Don't mess your head so much... Most of the Ultramen appearences in the movie are just cameos without relevance... Dyna in the other hand isn't, after the end of his series his was suck on a warmhole and then he appeared in the M78 Universe. How the guy in ZAP knew about his existence is a mistery though... After the events of this films, he goes to Saga's universe somehow.

Btw, Hi! Im new in the forums :)

Skreeong!
Why is everyone hung up on the continuity?

Dyna is from the same universe as Tiga, he's in this movie to follow up on him after what happened at the end of his series. Also because his actor was getting really popular in the music indrusty and is a fan favorite.

Great, Powered, Chuck, Scott,Beth,Ultraman Boy, Max and Xenon are meant to be cameos as a nod to their fans.

Gaia and Agul are not in this, neither is Nexus.

The reason why Heisei monsters appear is never explained but I have a theory that the monster graveyard is actually inter dimensional, meaning that it's the one place where ALL monsters go when they die.

All of this matters little anyway as this movie was made to introduce Ultraman Zero and start the Zero trilogy.

Back in Black
Don't mess your head so much... Most of the Ultramen appearences in the movie are just cameos without relevance... Dyna in the other hand isn't, after the end of his series his was suck on a warmhole and then he appeared in the M78 Universe. How the guy in ZAP knew about his existence is a mistery though... After the events of this films, he goes to Saga's universe somehow.

Btw, Hi! Im new in the forums :)

Hello. I saw Dyna and I know that he went into a wormhole and that the home of the Ultras could be seen from the Super GUTS ship.

So no Tiga?

Why is everyone hung up on the continuity?

Dyna is from the same universe as Tiga, he's in this movie to follow up on him after what happened at the end of his series. Also because his actor was getting really popular in the music indrusty and is a fan favorite.

Great, Powered, Chuck, Scott,Beth,Ultraman Boy, Max and Xenon are meant to be cameos as a nod to their fans.

Gaia and Agul are not in this, neither is Nexus.

The reason why Heisei monsters appear is never explained but I have a theory that the monster graveyard is actually inter dimensional, meaning that it's the one place where ALL monsters go when they die.

All of this matters little anyway as this movie was made to introduce Ultraman Zero and start the Zero trilogy.

Isn't Nagano from Tiga more popular than Dyna's actor?

Zero could have been made without dragging everything to his feet, no?

From what I've read, the cameos are basically as AU counterparts. The multiverse think is acknowledged in later movies, from what I've read.