kamen-rider-dk-23013.jpg

It just hit me. :p

Reason why is because across the board with boys toys, they always short pack females cuz it's collectors that want them and the real big money is in dude toys.

If we had a female main Rider, that'd be a lot of time spent with a character that would not sell as much as a dude character.

That's why female Riders are one offs.... for the collectors, but the real time and money to spend to get that money... is in dude Riders.

Of Tokusatsu Facebook Page
Don't secondary Riders toys typically sell less also though? I think if we had a main female Rider the toy sales differences might be negligible. I know it's a big risk for Toei and Bandai to take, but I Think it would be cool. Out of curiosity, how did Kaoru Shiba toys do in Japan?

Mad Skillz
Toei also has their bases covered with the Pretty Cure anime that run right after Kamen Rider and those are basically tokusatsu in anime form. This is also the reason pink isn't used as a Ranger color as often anymore, it's not as gender neutral as yellow or blue.

They may sell less, but still more than if it was a girl character. I gotta admit, as a young boy I could give all a DAMN about owning female figures...

Alas... and if you think it's unfair.. watch this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvq3Pf3j61c"]The Wire Season 1 - McNuggets - YouTube[/ame]

Cuz if you think "it ain't right."

"It's not about right, it's about money."

Do you think Mr. Toei is going to say, "Hey mister foreign fan over the age of 12! You da' bomb! Now how about I make a female Rider.. so I can have less money!"

We'll get one off's for collectors.... believe..

Lurker
Huh... You'd think the female riders would make more money since... well... :laugh:

Now that I think about it, all female Riders, 'cept Yuri and Megumi from Kiva, have been movie exclusive Riders (and, well, end up dead.....:redface2:).

Maybe Wizard could introduce a magical-girl-esque Rider into the show to see how well that goes. Magical girls are pretty popular, and Wizard's the perfect show to introduce one. Make her a Tackle-like character. I hear Tackle's a pretty popular character.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Toei also has their bases covered with the Pretty Cure anime that run right after Kamen Rider and those are basically tokusatsu in anime form. This is also the reason pink isn't used as a Ranger color as often anymore, it's not as gender neutral as yellow or blue.

It's still not quite the same. Magical girls are their own genre. There is little actual tokusatsu aimed at a female audience, and even less that doesn't involve magical girls (there was Fushigi Comedy, which I'm told was somewhat like Metal Heroes, but it's been off the air for decades.)

I remember when Shinkenger was airing that Toei was advertising stuff like kids' hoodies in all the Shinkenger colours but pink. I'm sure they've continued to do it since then but I haven't paid attention to the commercial breaks. So, yeah, using yellow or blue for a female Ranger instead of pink allows them to sell more - even if boys don't want the actual action figure because it's got a skirt on.