-Rinko is the new Yuuki.

How? She doesn't behave like she's escaped from a mental asylum.

What was wrong with Yuuki?

See above.

So far I don't see her adding anything to the show. She just isn't convincing as a police officer in any way, shape or form.

Really? I find her more convincing that Gotou, the supposed experienced ex-cop. At least Rinko is established as a rookie or close to it.

-I found myself really into the story for this episode. It was predictable, but for some reason I felt more emotionally invested towards the end (as Haruto raced to the TV station) than I have in a long time.

I think a lot of Toei's tokus lack that now. There's too much focus on intricate plots and characters (which sometimes fail anyway) and not enough on plain simple heroics. I liked that in the early Heisei Riders you're made to actually care whether or not the random person is going to be offed by the villain. Little scenes like Haruto's here, and his behavior overall, can go a long way in giving a superhero show the heroic feel it needs to work.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Most (not all, of course) people don't like her 'cause of the arcs Riku Sanjo wrote which made her into a psuedo-expy of Akiko, which didn't fit all that well.

Pseudo-expy? :S

I don't agree Rinko is like Yuki at all. Yuki was a typical "cute 'genki' girl" character. Rinko seems like she's supposed to be a girly version of the Ichijou/Aikawa/Kagami type of character

I have been educated on a matter I never took the tiime to research. Thank you toku prime. So I assume it is it's own company then? Every time I hear the name I have this weird thought of it being controled by the government. It is silly I know but I am what I am.
Nah it's state owned, but there's an independent board that tells it what to do. They own dozens of radio stations and about 10 TV channels, but they're not allowed to just chase ratings - they have to satisfy a bunch of conditions set by the board like producing a certain amount of programming for every audience segment. On the down side, we have to buy an annual TV license. On the up side, it means there's no commercial breaks on their channels.

Lurker
I know kinda offtopic, but is there belt sounds rip? I want Shabidubitachi henshin as my ringtone.

Just gonna throw out my random thoughts on Wizard Episode the Third ...

-Theme song sucks. Don't like it. It's a shame cause I've really wanted Toei to get back to having male vocalists. I actually like the singer ... he sounds good. But the song itself just blows goats. I really hope that Wizard pulls a Blade and gets a new theme around episode 30. Seriously, if you're going to go through the trouble of getting Rider Chips back ... HAVE THEM DO THE THEME SONG!

-Rinko is the new Yuuki. I can't stand her. So far I don't see her adding anything to the show. She just isn't convincing as a police officer in any way, shape or form.

-Shunpei ... I like him. There's a lot of potential for his character. Lots of ways he could grow. They'll probably just make him "wacky sidekick guy" though. :disappoin

-I found myself really into the story for this episode. It was predictable, but for some reason I felt more emotionally invested towards the end (as Haruto raced to the TV station) than I have in a long time. Maybe it's just me, but the writing in Wizard (so far) feels more nuanced than what we've been getting from Kamen Rider recently.

I think Rinko has faaaaaaaaarrrrr more potential, but just seems to be caught up right now in being introduced to the world of magic. But she's got enough about her to make for some interesting episodes and character development.

Shunpei... I feel he's too close to Haruto to give him a chance at turning in to the 2nd Rider of the show. Unfortunately I think he may just be the annoying comedy relief of the show. He dances the razor edge of making me smile and annoying the hell out of me.

No Fear, No Pain.
Still think Yuki was pretty cute. Wonder if that says something about my mental state...

HAHA! Is it sad that I would love hanging out with Akiko, Yuki, Hina, Date and Shunpei for an afternoon at a carnival or somthing? Then lock Ahnk and Haruto in a room and make them fight to the death over who wears red pants best?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I wasn't aware of what an expy was at all but I get the idea now. Still, I do think Rinko is meant to be a different type of character

Lurker
I can see some shades of Kagami's role in Rinko, but it wouldn't be as pronounced in her since Haruto is a lot nicer than Tendou.

Also, all the other KR girls wish they were Akiko :anime: