Anti-Anti
Good, Nostalgia critic was really shitty anyway. Hopefully what ever he tries now doesn't get stale so fast.

Lurker
I didnt mind the crossovers, they gave the other critics on the site some exposure to people who wouldnt normally care for them, and obviously they were done so Critic could chalk up as many as possible prior to being "retired" full-time.

Not surprised this happened. The Scooby-Doo review paying homage to TNG's finale was the death sign for many, and to be frank, I'll pretend that was the end rather than the latest movie (I've never liked any of the anniversary flicks, so it's a plus)

...I maintain, however, that Pound Puppies: The Legend of Big Paw, Rover Dangerfield, and Felix The Cat: The Movie are actually pretty good movies and didnt deserve the roasting the Critic gave them.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
oh, so that's why there hasn't been anything new in almost a month...

Oh well, I loved the critic, but there's still Nostalgia Chick & Blockbuster Buster to watch, for the moment.

Sucks that I'll never get to see a skinny balding guy in a director's uniform scream like a woman over a slightly crappy movie ever again...:ph34r:

Treasure Cards of the Underworld

Oh well, I loved the critic, but there's still Nostalgia Chick & Blockbuster Buster to watch, for the moment.

Sucks that I'll never get to see a skinny balding guy in a director's uniform scream like a woman over a slightly crappy movie ever again...:ph34r:

You say that as if the archives are suddenly gonna be deleted off the net.

Well, new ones anyway.

Despite how many there are it's never going to be quite the same...

I was going to do something like that on my channel, but I'm nowhere near as funny as Doug. I even beta-ed it on my little brother & he got bored more times than he laughed. Doesn't help that I don't even realize when I'm being funny in the first place half the time either...

I just don't see the logic in killing one thing to make room for another.
Time. Or lack thereof. Nostalgia Critic episodes took long enough to make that by the time he'd done that and all of the running a business side of things, he didn't have the time to do anything else. He's got stuff he'd rather do, so NC has to make way.
Not surprised this happened. The Scooby-Doo review paying homage to TNG's finale was the death sign for many, and to be frank, I'll pretend that was the end rather than the latest movie (I've never liked any of the anniversary flicks, so it's a plus)
It's kind of a shame, as I thought that episode was one of his less funny efforts. Having that as the final normal episode was a bit anti-climactic. I always figured it would end with Mara Wilson coming back to get him :anime:
Well that, and he's been busy with To Boldly Flee and sorting out the studio Channel Awesome just bought.

It's going to be interesting. While I watch a number of the critics on tgwtg, let's be honest it's primarily built on that one show, and not having it any more is a big risk. If nothing else, the main show on the site won't be a critic show, which puts it slightly at odds with the rest of the site's content. If you listen to Spoony's commentary for To Boldly Flee he also raises a few more concerns from the point of view of the other critics. Having said that, one of the main themes of To Boldly Flee was "where do you go with this internet reviewing thing?" and he's the first to come up with an answer to that. There's rumours that James Rolfe might also retire the AVGN after his movie.

It's sad that it's over (doubley so as it just so happens the announcement came on the same day as my fav funny radio DJ Chris Moyles had his own final show here in the UK) but he'll still do specials and there's still Linkara, Cinema Snob, Spoony and the rest out there on the internets. I'll check his new show out and even if I don't like it, there's still that massive archive of 222 episodes.

Lurker
I was sad when he made the announcement but also happy. At least he'll be doing a whole bunch of new things for the site. Also he said there will still be Bum Reviews, Ask That Guy With The Glasses, and Video Game Confessions so that's something.

Welcome
I only ever watched him for NC, so I'm probably not gonna watch any of his new stuff, but I'm glad he stopped while it was still funny rather than wait until it got dumb and devoted fans that watch all his stuff stop watching everything he makes.

Well, if anyone was a REALLY big fan, I finally got to watch his farewell announcement & he said he's hiring a full cast of people for his new show, Demo Reel, &, according to the message below it on the site, there should be info released on what he's looking for & how to apply tomorrow.

I have to say, I'm in, even if it means spending every dime I have travelling to Chicago for an interview at some point, I'd love a chance to get into the business on some level, get some experiance & work with Doug.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
I think the Retsupurae of his Bart's Nightmare LP started a domino effect. It was only a matter of time.