Well, it seemed considerably less loud than in episode 1. If they really have turned down the scat belt down for being too obnoxious then I can only hope they do the same to Shunpei. Also stop ramming the camera halfway up his nose when he's whining about "Mahotsukai!".

Shunpei wasn't even that bad. It's not like Gai where he spinning and jumping all over the place in every scene. He can be a lot worse.

Shunpei is fine/tolerable right now. Unlike Akiko Narumi in W that which was annoying as hell from the very beginning she showed up and nearly ruined the series for me. Anyways that could change once we get to see more of Shunpei and becomes part of the crew, just hope they don't over do it with he's character.

Shunpei is fine/tolerable right now. Unlike Akiko Narumi in W that which was annoying as hell from the very beginning she showed up and nearly ruined the series for me. Anyways that could change once we get to see more of Shunpei and becomes part of the crew, just hope they don't over do it with he's character.

I feel like I'm the only person that didn't mind Akiko. If anyone in W was more annoying I thought it was Queen and Elizabeth.

Lurker
I feel like I'm the only person that didn't mind Akiko. If anyone in W was more annoying I thought it was Queen and Elizabeth.

They were barely there, in fact I don't even know which one is which out of the duo. Akiko was there from the very start and she wasted no time speaking in obnoxious voice and doing retarded faces. And obnoxious voice and retarded faces are the best way to make me hate you if you are not Jimm Carrey. In fact, the first non antagonist that I ever wished to die horribly (i can hate characters, but rarely wish they die, even Navi I never wanted to see murdered in Ocarina of Time) was Oshugi.

They were barely there, in fact I don't even know which one is which out of the duo. Akiko was there from the very start and she wasted no time speaking in obnoxious voice and doing retarded faces. And obnoxious voice and retarded faces are the best way to make me hate you if you are not Jimm Carrey. In fact, the first non antagonist that I ever wished to die horribly (i can hate characters, but rarely wish they die, even Navi I never wanted to see murdered in Ocarina of Time) was Oshugi.

Haha, for a second I thought you were talking about Navi from Gokaiger. After seeing Yuuki from Fourze I think that Akiko is like Ren (Ryuki) by comparison.

I liked him when he wasn't a god

I like Akiko and it makes me sad that she gets so much hate. I agree that Queen and Elizabeth were worse

Also stop ramming the camera halfway up his nose when he's whining about "Mahotsukai!".

You won't be saying that when Shunpei's nostrils turn out to be a vital plot element

Maybe he didn't because his friend that makes rings hasn't made it yet... Maybe the motw format and the fact that Phoenix and Medusa show off their forms constantly correlate. I don't think Phoenix and Medusa are gonna be the final 2 bosses...

I actually just checked episode 1 and it is on his ring holder, so they're going the Kiva and W route of giving him all his form changes from the start.

Nice post!!
If it's a dirt-old stock trope, then that doesn't really change much; instead of the trope being taken from OOOs its just being taken from the land that time forgot.

Well, yeah. If you have a problem with shows being cliched, Wizard is clearly not something you'll enjoy. The series has pretty obviously been designed, consciously, as a massive pile of genre cliches.

Personally, though, I think there's a big difference in terms of "using an old stock type that's been around forever" and "copying something specifically from another show." The former will not necessarily be interesting but is fair game. The latter tends to stick out a lot and be extremely obvious, even if the copied element otherwise works well enough.

Shunpei wasn't even that bad. It's not like Gai where he spinning and jumping all over the place in every scene. He can be a lot worse.

Man, I'd trade Shunpei for Gai in a heartbeat. Junya Ikeda in a Rider show, even playing a douchey supporting character, would be a dream come true.

ヒビキラッ☆
Oh hey, if having Hope saves you from despair, well....

In fearful day, in raging night,
With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
When all seems lost in the Ritual of Sabbat,
Look to the sun-- For hope burns bright!

9rA6A.jpg

All will be well XD

Welcome
....And we have a MMDPV for that Shabadubi Touch Henshin remix...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC7i057FEQ4"]??????????????????!!??????????feat.MMDPV - YouTube[/ame]
And a transformation...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXBmindBzM"]?MMD??????????????????????????? - YouTube[/ame]