Aronbafon
Or if she's doing another genre in total. It'll also be refreshing to her style having something that's not MotW based.

Nice post!!
Even in Rider? But then she was also responsible for OOO, which started the ratings drop that led us to Fourze ...

It's possible they could just put her back on Rider and ask her to stay there, but I'm not sure that's likely. To me it seems her record in Rider is 1-1. Toei was clearly happy with OOO, but Kiva had to be at least a little disappointing.

Even with the numbers we have, the last 4 episodes (starting with 40) seem to have lower numbers with children, I won't be surprised if that was the general trend for the last 10 episodes.

It should be noted that for most henshin hero shows, ratings share with kids tends to drop at least a little in the last ten episodes. I have no idea why that is, but I've only seen one show (Blade) that reversed the trend. I imagine it's a combination of "no new toys" and kids having a hard time following the storylines.

Kids ratings in Japan tend to be wildly inconsistent from episode to episode, even for a healthy show. You might get a 17% share one week, then 9% the next, and there's no rhyme nor reason to it. A lot of it just seems to be that kids tune into the shows erratically, sometimes watching something else or probably going out with parents instead.

Can't disagree there. Ryuji and his relationship with his team mates is the most innovative part of the show.

I find it really reminiscent of MegaSilver. I notice that where Megaranger went to some lengths to restrict MegaSilver's presence, so he couldn't overshadow the rest of the team, there are no such limiting factors with Ryuuji in Go-Busters. It is really a bit baffling why he isn't Red, since he's clearly the strongest fighter on foot, the closest thing the team has to a leader, and no slouch in his robot. Hiromu seems to be Red purely because he's Buster Ace's pilot, and beyond that he really hasn't had a lot of other Red-like traits.

Hiromu looks too young and boyish for a Red and as we all know traditional fans mostly dont like this. Takeru and Marvelous looked like adults and were far tougher looking and that is why they were popular.

I really don't see how Hiromu looks any more young and boyish than Takeru or Marvelous, who were about the same age and build. Takeru and Marvelous were clearly cast to have mainstream appeal, and so was Hiromu. Sometimes the diehard fans accept those guys, sometimes they don't. Hiromu seemed to go over well enough at the show's beginning.

I think you misunderstood the idea that "Takebe threw in an element to appease diehards" with "Takebe was only trying to please diehards." No, she clearly isn't doing the latter. That's not her style. Takebe tends to construct shows piecemeal, including singular elements designed to appeal a lot of different, specific demographics.

I think Ryuji was meant to be the sop to what the diehards want, while Hiromu was meant to be what the mainstream fans tend to want. Obviously, most diehards would prefer that Ryuji be Red, but I think it's fallacious to assume that since Takebe is clearly willing to please groups other than the diehards, she's not thinking about the diehards at all.

wow i cannot believe I am reading all this, though it does open my eyes to a few things.

Now, i don't know much about the behind camera aspect of sentai and kamen rider, but why are so many people bashing this show? I think this is probably one of the better series since Shinkenger. It has an amazing plot, it's not too far fetched in a sense, i mean the whole concept of this show is that busters are basically protecting their planets energy source from another being. I mean sure they're "viruses" or some crap, but hey you have to have a suspension of disbelief.

The whole changing real time and simultaneous fighting between zords and the human sized monsers = AMAZING. How there are different types of enemy zords with the attributes of the metalroids = GENIUS. How those zords were formally used by humans =WHAT?? Like I find everything about this show is SOOOOOO well thought out, someone here said that the writer/director's hearts aren't in this show, I completely disagree. Every other past sentai, the enemy gets beaten with the whole "working with all your team and beat the ever living **** out of the opponent since 5vs1 (or 3vs1) is TOTALLY fair". It was more about OVERPOWERING the opponent. This is really the ONLY sentai i have ever seen that in MULTIPLE occasions used PURE STRATEGIES to defeat the enemy. examples:

-like when Hiromu defeated that super speed metalroid by making him come TOWARDS him to prevent him to react/turn fast enough to evade the Special Buster
-how Yoko and Ryuuji beat that cotton candy metalroid by preventing him from getting absorbing the enetron from Yoko's gun and making it absorbed(?) by Ryuuji's blade to deliver the final blow
-oh an ANOTHER good one is how they fooled Enter when they were "giving him enetron" to rescue Usada, that was amazing

And in the past, it was always like "Oh we just got this stupidly huge gun, let's use this EVERY EPISODE". Or some kind of huge new weapon that gets too overused. I love Go-BUsters because of the fact that they attempt to use what they currently have, to its most effective way possible. and them not shouting out any like final blow names adds to the coolness of this series. Like everything they are doing is SO FRESH that it's great!! Plus i love how the enemy (Enter) isn't a complete retard on how to deal with the busters like every other villain in the past sentai series who usually had really simple goals that had a lot of holes. And for that, I LOVE what Kobayashi did with Enter, making him VERY analytical, observant, and creating these stupidly complicated plans to get what he wants. I mean even WE THE AUDIENCE didn't really know what he was up to at times (at least i didn't know).

And I love how the command center, and the busters themselves REALLY HAS to work together to combat the Vaglass is soooo coool. Everyone working together?? That's the only way ANYTHING would work really in a realistic world.

and there was this talk i read about how Hiromu's character is just not fit for being Red, since he isn't much of an influence and isn't a leader much, but I don't think that's the point in this show. The point of this show is the fact that everyone is working together, looking out for each other to defeat one main enemy. I mean the REAL leader is probably Kuroki (is he an influence, i guess not really). It creates so much suspense in the show as to what would happen next.

I can go on on how this show is so amazing. Though, I do remember reading here that it's because no new things get introduced, that this series is doing so badly (with the kids being bored and all). I guess, and I suppose in that aspect, this show is failing pretty hard (which i guess is why they're coming out with the whole powered custom crap). And i've always been super bored of sentai ever since maybe Gaoranger, since everything was practically the same every year with of course minor differences. I mean really the last series I saw was shinkenger (and thank god that had an amazing plot, and things didn't seem too repetitive, even though they were doing all the classical sentai roll calls, finisher names and what not). It's just that, Go-Busters answers SO MANY OF MY PRAYERS for EVERYTHING. And I love how everyone in busters can be pretty independent, AND THE FACT that they all have a weakness is amazing. Covering each others flaws and working together. Damn. And they've tried out a lot of stuff that you wouldn't have seen in previous sentais (for improving ratings i guess, but none of them really workd from what i understand). But in the end, i'm a 22 year old watching this crap, the main audience are kids, so i guess i have to accept the fact that they are adding this powered custom, Tategami Rai-Oh, and the new cannon thing. I just hope that this great writing/ flow is kept. I mean the intro change made me super depressed since the original was so amazing before (and people were saying the original was too hard to sing for kids? A hello?? Anyone remember Timeranger?), and this might become the reason that i'll stop watching this show.

Damn that was a lot of typing, probably with a lot of grammatical errors, but yeah I think Go-Busters is way too underrated. Amazing plot, amazing characters (and relations between them), amazing designs. a few hit and misses here and there, but a great series nonetheless. but yeah, if i'm wrong, correct me? I just like to hear everyones opinion about all this.

Aronbafon
Not to hack down, but I can't help but notice most if not all your comments refer to before it went downhill.

Not to hack down, but I can't help but notice most if not all your comments refer to before it went downhill.

mm that's another thing i'd like to ask, when DID this show really go down? Personally i think it was more of an up and down curve (right now i think it's going pretty uphill)

The new Tendou Souji
And for that, I LOVE what Kobayashi did with Enter, making him VERY analytical, observant, and creating these stupidly complicated plans to get what he wants.

Too bad he slowed down on doing stuff like that recently. >>

I mean even WE THE AUDIENCE didn't really know what he was up to at times (at least i didn't know).
What? His last big plan, we knew he was gathering Energontron and wanted to make a giant robot. It wasn't much of a secret.

I mean really the last series I saw was shinkenger ([..] and things didn't seem too repetitive,
Except for during the Akomaru arc, that is. :p

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I like Go-Busters, and so do other posters in this thread. I just wish it had been allowed to go one way or the other and not be meddled with so much

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I find it really reminiscent of MegaSilver. I notice that where Megaranger went to some lengths to restrict MegaSilver's presence, so he couldn't overshadow the rest of the team, there are no such limiting factors with Ryuuji in Go-Busters. It is really a bit baffling why he isn't Red, since he's clearly the strongest fighter on foot, the closest thing the team has to a leader, and no slouch in his robot. Hiromu seems to be Red purely because he's Buster Ace's pilot, and beyond that he really hasn't had a lot of other Red-like traits.

Hiromu has a few parts where he shows something like a Red-like traits, like when he says just because he'll accomplish the official mission doesn't mean he'll stop trying to rescue the people in subspace. But he has such a subdued personality after the bold and brash Marvelous that it really is hard to take him seriously.

Like you say, Ace is his only shot at Red because it's the main mecha.

Ryuji as Red would have worked but only if both Yoko and Hiromu had been newbie and he was pulling a Takeru before the show. Then you introduce Yoko being in training and all worried at the end of episode 1, then in episode 2 she dares go into battle despite's Ryuji's "You're too young!". then in episode 3 you begin with them struggling against a megazord so they need their third member to form Go-BusterOh thus introducing Hiromu.

Ya know that would be interesting to see Sentai pull a 'magical girl' twist on us and have each member introduced one per episode instead of having the full team from the start.

always henshining'
I really don't see how Hiromu looks any more young and boyish than Takeru or Marvelous, who were about the same age and build. Takeru and Marvelous were clearly cast to have mainstream appeal, and so was Hiromu. Sometimes the diehard fans accept those guys, sometimes they don't. Hiromu seemed to go over well enough at the show's beginning.

I think you misunderstood the idea that "Takebe threw in an element to appease diehards" with "Takebe was only trying to please diehards." No, she clearly isn't doing the latter. That's not her style. Takebe tends to construct shows piecemeal, including singular elements designed to appeal a lot of different, specific demographics.

I think Ryuji was meant to be the sop to what the diehards want, while Hiromu was meant to be what the mainstream fans tend to want. Obviously, most diehards would prefer that Ryuji be Red, but I think it's fallacious to assume that since Takebe is clearly willing to please groups other than the diehards, she's not thinking about the diehards at all.
Hiromu is still 19, wasnt Marvelous 23 or 24 ? and Takeru was about 21 i think
maybe Hiromu doesnt look as tough because the script doesnt try to portray him this way. i dunno. Alata had a fragile look but left a better impression as a strong-willed guy than Hiromu so far

and i cant deny or claim if the producer tried to please diehards. who can tell for sure what happened, what she had in mind ? i just think we'd have a better idea if she had made Ryuji the Red