The new Tendou Souji
Yeah that irked me. It's just so weird to see mage when in the show he's clearly a wizard.

thefreedictionary.com said:
mage (m
amacr.gif
j)n. A magician or sorcerer.

So, they seem similar enough.
Just be glad though, that we didn't go with every "mahoutsukai" being "magic practitioner"! :laugh:

I don't do sense
sorry, pet hate - it's just not a translatable word - throw it in and make the newbies read the wikipedia page
Funny how people who say 先輩 is not translatable have the nerve to even talk about newbies.

Funny how people who say 先輩 is not translatable have the nerve to even talk about newbies.
Well sorry for being light-hearted about it. :redface2: I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in Japanese language. Believe me, I couldn't construct a single sentence. I just can't think of an English term that conveys the same meaning and at the same time just using their name seems unsatisfying because I can hear that that's not what they said. That's all.

Liked the first episode it wasn't perfect but it was very enjoyable. Liked that it wasn't overly goofy. Nothing wrong with being goofy/comedic but too much can become a bit tiring especially if it's very goofy in every episode. Especially after Fouze (which I liked) I would like to see a different type of tone in the next series (Wizard) rather than being the same. I did like that it had some comedic elements that way it doesn't have to be ultra series either.

Loved the flashiness of the CG/FX the first ep had. Only one bad scene was the small riding horse scene lol. Character showed signs of confidence without coming right out as a jerk (Tendou) and also isn't a dimwit. So good showing of the character, we just need to see if he ends up being fleshed out.

Overall the first ep was a 8.5 for me.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
On a re-watch I noticed Haruto offering Unicorn a donut, I thought that was sweet, it reminded me of ShinkenRed playing with Shishi Origami when he thought no one was looking :anime:

Ah, just notice that one of the writers did Hibiki, which I liked, shame what happened after ep 29. And the other writer worked on Akibaranger. Interesting combo, Hibiki was slower paced which was a bit of a turn off for most Kamen Rider viewers (especially one's with add...) and Akibaranger was fun and silly. It's gonna be interesting to see how this series turns out but both writers give me hope that it may turned out good.

Well, I just saw the TV-Nihon version, just for kicks and giggles.
Yeah, the "mage" thing did feel like it came out of nowhere, but since I don't know enough about the common differences between mages, magicians, wizards, witches, and what not, then I'm not in a position to complain or nitpick.

I'm not in a position to say who the better translators are, nor do I want to start a debate about it, but I'll stick with Over-Time. The video quality is better, and that's a huge plus with me. Softsubs also, always a good thing. And finally, there is just a certain charm to Over-Time's subs that I just love. I fell in love with it when I saw Fourze. When I learned T-N didn't know how to handle "Uchuu Kita!" at first and decided to keep it as is, that just sealed the deal for me, and I left them in the dust. Use to love TV-Nihon, but it's time to let better groups and communities take over.

I will say that T-N's video quality did look a little better this time around, but it's still nothing compared to what Over-Time can do. And sorry if it seems like I just keep advertising for that group, but that's me. I like being faithful and sticking to what I love. I know there are multiple groups subbing multiple Tokusatsu shows, but after a while, it can get really tedious.

Welcome
"You realize using all this magic wears a guy out?"

So there's a limit to how much magic Haruto can use.

Or he's just lazy and is bothered when he has to take a minute out of his life to press his hand against his belt.

Podcaster Arms!
im gonna say it actually does have a strain on him but at that point was just been lazy since they didn't seem to be using too much of his energy, although the bike and doughnuts are another matter.