If one more person posts about how awesome Wizard is because it's not funny, I'm going to put my head through the nearest wall.

I'm sorry did you miss the part where he said he "Laughed" a few times because the comedy complemented the episode instead of overruling it?
The comedy was toned way down to the point that it supplemented the plot instead of overruling it. Surprisingly, I found myself chuckling a few times through the episode. That's something that hasn't happened in Rider for a long time.
Nowhere did he say there was no comedy.

Red DS Ranger!
I wouldn't be surprised if there are more Madoka Magica parallels in the future. This episode was awesome and got me excited for the rest of the show more so than the previous two show's first episode. I just hope the show continues this awesome pace and not end up a horrible show like a certain "space rider who thinks friendship is everything"

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm sorry did you miss the part where he said he "Laughed" a few times because the comedy complemented the episode instead of overruling it? Nowhere did he say there was no comedy.

A large number of the posts here have praised Wizard for being less comic than Fourze/OOO/perhaps W.

There's no such thing as a show being "overruled by comedy." It is a mainstay of kids' shows. They are supposed to be light-hearted, fun, and, yes, a little silly.

I just hope the show continues this awesome pace even though it has a different theme to the groovy space rider who was good, caring, and a great friend.

Fixed!

Just went to Wiki for a Cliffs Notes version of Madoka and can't make head or tail of it. I may have to watch this thing to see what influence it's going to have on Wizard ...

Welcome
Just went to Wiki for a Cliffs Notes version of Madoka and can't make head or tail of it. I may have to watch this thing to see what influence it's going to have on Wizard ...

A really fun show.It kinda gets too happy at times, like Fourze, so if you're not into that happy friendship yay stuff, then you shouldn't get in over your head about watching it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTHwEZK2JA"]Puella Magi Madoka Magica Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Who you gonna call?
Madoka is one of the greatest anime in these last years, highly recommendable.

Just... Don't watch it if you're feeling down and make sure keep a box full of kleenex near...

KILL KYUBEY

... you shouldn't get in over your head about watching it.
You really had to do it, right? :redface2:

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
A really fun show.It kinda gets too happy at times, like Fourze, so if you're not into that happy friendship yay stuff, then you shouldn't get in over your head about watching it.

It looks creepy as all get-out. But then given that it's the source of the TERRIFYING WHITE DEMON THING posted upthread ...

I watched the first episode without subtitles, and it was actually a LOT more terrifying than it actually was.

From the action that was going on, I thought the phantoms were stealing peoples memories and using that to actually TURN people into phantoms. Like, completely removing all their happy memories and leaving them bitter, shallow, destructive people who can turn into other Phantoms, which I suppose is kinda what is happening.

I would prefer that the people who turn into Phantoms still had some of their humanity left, that would just make the series that much better.

I did enjoy the episode, but more for the idea of the Phantoms than anything that has to do with Wizard. His gimmick bugs me, his belt is annoying (PUUUUREEEEEEEEEEAAAASU!) and though I love the idea of this guy who survived having a phantom try to break out of him and now uses it for power, but Wizard just isnt that interesting to me so far. We'll see as the series goes along.

The new Tendou Souji

That was kind of a bad idea... considering any wiki for the show is gonna have spoilers growing out of its metaphorical ears and nose.

Welcome
It looks creepy as all get-out. But then given that it's the source of the TERRIFYING WHITE DEMON THING posted upthread ...

Yeah, it kinda has its fair share of dark moments later in the series, but it's to ease out the balance between comedy and seriousness, kinda like W, so you won't lose your head after all those jokes.

Last edited:
*smooth jazz*
If one more person posts about how awesome Wizard is because it's not funny, I'm going to put my head through the nearest wall.

Excuse me, but, please do not put words in my mouth in order to back up your point. I did not say that Wizard wasn't funny. What I said was that I was glad that they toned down the humor because I actually found it more humorous this way.

I did not say that humor was bad. I said that I enjoyed the way that they handled this humor.

Just because I have different tastes of funny doesn't mean that I dislike all funny.

Because of course a wizard Kamen Rider is totally realistic and should be presented as a real person :rolleyes2:

Again, I said nothing of the sort, nor did I say that Wizard was realistic. I just said that I found him a bit more believably human and that I thought that was a good thing. That was it.