The Meteor has landed
Okay, apparently I am the only one here who thought for a moment that Rinko's dad was Jinno from W :laugh:
When I first saw the little picture and the smile on his face, I was like "Wait... wth!?" :sly:

Would have been cool though....

Well, seeing how Toei is now making post-Decade Riders in the same world, I can see that kind of happening in Movie Wars.

Please Help A Rookie ...

I think this proves that huge street posters work great.

On an unrelated account, translating a 22 minute episode actually doesn't take a lof of time and there is certainly no correlation between how much a release takes to make and how good it is. If your players don't support Advanced Substation Alpha subtitles which have been the norm for years, step it up, not OT's fault.

What kind of players, computers, and TVs would you reccommend, then, pease? And, where can I find the websites to watch these sub-titled episodes on, please?

I didn't have any issues with their release at all. Just remember it pretty much runs like **** if you're not using MPC with CCCP.
The weird thing is I used to use that, until one day I accidentally opened it up in VLC and it worked fine. No idea why they say not to use VLC, but I've now watched all of the over.time Go-Buster episodes in VLC and every one was fine *shrugs*
Okay, just guessing on my part here.
Flame is a reach left
Land is a reach down.
Hurricane is a reach up.
Water will be a reach to the right.
Yeah that's what I'm figuring.
Not a big fan of the OP song; I mean, I'm trying not to be biased here but, Anna Tsuchiya did have the better song.

That said, the episode itself was okay. Yay for police people but, I don't get why there was no Op sequence. I usually assume it's to not spoil stuff ala Faiz or Abaranger but, we blatantly saw Haruto transform so, *shrugs*.
I assume we didn't get an opening sequence because half the cast who will be in the sequence weren't in this episode. As for the theme, I honestly didn't even notice it in that scene. Go-Busters didn't have an OP in the first episode, but you still knew when the theme tune started playing. I had to go back to listen to it because it passed me by. It's not offensive, but it's not as good as the last three themes. I'll keep a mind open for next week though. Maybe seeing it with the proper sequence and with subtitles will hammer it into my head more.
He's completely in love with himself. You can see that in pretty much everything: his voice, his posture, the way he speaks.
I can see that he was kind of messing with that policewoman, but I didn't really come to that conclusion. Honestly there wasn't enough to give me a good reading of him, but if anything he strikes me as a younger version of Kouga from Garo.

Another Garo-like sequence was when he went into her Underworld. That kind of magic dimension, fighting a CGI monster, having a mounted battle, was all really Garo-like. But I'll expect that as time goes on this will get pushed aside, just like with the CGI batta legs or the Power Dizer.
The "Kick Strike" looks similar with combination of Garren's Burning Divide & Decade's Dimension Kick.
Yeah I thought that. Or like the Ryuki final vent where he makes that complicated jump up. The athleticism in that makes quite a nice change though. The way the circle powers up his foot first reminded me of Agito's finisher.
-Silver bullets?! Now this is a Rider that means business!
-Loved the model-kit-style, tiny assists machines. (Hibiki, Double, OOO, Fourze, and now this. Is this becoming a thing? Anything for toy sales?) If they make model kits of these things, I might actually buy them!
I think the toys do come as kits. I know I should hate how blatently toy-ad it is (the belt might as well have shouted "some assembly required please!" when it scanned the belt) but I quite liked it. Maybe because in one episode they managed to be as useful as the foodroids were all series.
Yeah, silver bullets? Are these things werewolves? Ah well, hopefully they'll explain it.

A pretty good opener. I'm trying not to draw any conclusions because Rider shows always mutate into something totally different in the first few episodes. The action was really good. The magic feels like there are actual rules for it's use. I actually quite liked the belt and wizarswordgun (or whatever it's called). They're a bit too talky, but not as long-winded as some of the blade card combo attacks. I also like how it becomes just a belt buckle when un-transformed, rather than disappearing into thin air like with a lot of riders. The one bit I don't understand is why they need a flip-down visor on the ring?

I don't feel like there was anything in this episode that I haven't seen before in another toku somewhere (Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Kiva, Garo, even a bit of Magiranger - though that's really just because of the similar themes and because I'm currently watching it), but I liked the mix of things it had. If I had one complaint, I think that cycling through three of the four forms was unnecessary. We had more than enough with the right hand magic rings. Alternate forms don't seem as special when you start cycling through them straight away.

Overall, a big thumbs up. Not perfect, but certainly one of the more exciting opening episodes. I just hope when the rest of the cast are added next week we don't get any insufferably annoying people (I'm looking at you, guy in the green and orange!). I'd also like to see a continued police involvement, not because I want this series to be all grimdark but just because it was an interesting thing I'd like to see more of.

The Meteor has landed
The weird thing is I used to use that, until one day I accidentally opened it up in VLC and it worked fine. No idea why they say not to use VLC, but I've now watched all of the over.time Go-Buster episodes in VLC and every one was fine *shrugs*

It's because most of the time VLC would mess the colors up, or make the subtitles jumbled up. I see it's not the case anymore seeing VLC finally got around to updating it's codecs. Still, they recommend CCCP because it runs more fluently for both video and audio.

EDIT:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6WS2m7lLM"]?????????Remix - YouTube[/ame]

Japan works fast.

In Justice, We Trust!
^That makes the noises from the Wizard Driver sound even more awesome. :laugh:

Who you gonna call?
VLC has never worked right for me, specially with the 10-bit MKV files.

I prefer K-Lite Codec Pack. More complete than CCCP and way easier to install and configure. As of today I'm able to play anything I download independently of the format.

Hey, I'm Eian.
Not gonna lie, too lazy to read through 30 pages....

But overall I liked the first episode now that I finally had time to watch. I must say I like Haruto, I'm just hoping the develop him properly. As for the episode itself, great action, I hope they keep it up. I love the little bits of giggles you can get from Haruto eating doughnuts (I hope doughnuts end up like Ankh and ice candy, lol) and shrinking to ride a tiny unicorn. XD

I still don't know how much I like the suit. All I can really think is that some Phantom is gonna grab the ass-cape and swing him around.

All the baddies seem pretty cool, hopefully Medusa lives up to her namesake, lol.

And from the merch whore aspect....god damn the clothing/jewelry in this.......so nice!!! Not Windscale level awesome, but I have a feeling I'm gonna end up with too much of it. ~_~ I already know that no matter what I need Haruto's necklace. So cool <3

The problem with VLC is that it doesn't actually use codecs. It basically does its own thing with video files it encounters.

It has the advantage of being independent of codec installation which makes it easy to configure with a lot of users, and able to play a wide range of files without problems. However, that turns into a disadvantage because it cannot keep up with new codecs without an update, and because it's a one-size-fits-all solution, it can cause problems by not following codec standards.

Encoders cannot make video files without codecs, so as long as you have the same codec as the encoders then you're fine (and codecs are readily available and in most cases free), but these new codecs can come up without a VLC that can support them.

Plus, using a player that is reliant on codecs means that its easier to support. If you don't know why your video files don't run, then the solution is always to have the right codec and that your player knows to use it. If you're using VLC, however, you're out of luck until an update comes out.

That kind of is my point. If he's the mentor figure, he'd fall in the same categories as Skull. Skull had toys and scans; and was a vital point to everything in W.

It took a long time for Skull to get toys though, IIRC, the Lost Driver wasn't released alongside Movie Wars 2010, but only later on alongside W's summer movie. Skull only got scans alongside his reveal because he was a major character in Movie Wars 2010.

We haven't gotten many scans about Wizard's future episodes themselves, so that explains why we haven't seen images with him before, although he has been mentioned by text.

The new Tendou Souji
I have been twitching lately with how the monsters are spawned as it somehow reminds me of one magical girl anime here.
/人 ‿‿ 人\ (minus the contract).

Yeah, Nateriver and I have been joking about that before now. Though, it was mostly the [hide]"force people to despair to create witches phantoms"[/hide] that made me think of that.

On another note, what's that thing in the wallpaper manip?

Kyubey from Madoka Magica, kill it on sight!

Guys, would you mind using some Hide tags? Scrolling past the same wallpaper-sized image three times on the same page is a bit silly :sweat:

Thank you!

I assume we didn't get an opening sequence because half the cast who will be in the sequence weren't in this episode.

Good reason, best reason.

Last edited: