Was Rider Punched
I found the first Kamen Rider Wizard episode to be something that ranged from underwhelming to obnoxious. I do like the concept behind the Phantoms and their designs and I'm a bit interested in Haruto's backstory. Otherwise nothing about the show in terms of story or action really stood out to me at all. Wasn't terrible but wasn't very impressive unless you're really into CG fights. I'm going to give it a least a few more episodes before I decide if I'm skipping Rider this year.

Then again I might be more into it if the belt would just shut up. My god there's one part where the belt sounds are talking over each other because the first soundbite hasn't finished yet. Speaking of annoying sounds I can't say I like the OP either. It's kind of Climax Jump meets an 80's Kool Aid jingle.

I 100% agree with you. It really was something about that CG fight at the end really kinda made me stop and go "Hmm, is this going to happen every episode?" CG is not really bad but it might get a little silly if that happens every week.

Wizard 1:

- "It's Showtime" is better than "Switch On", but still not that stellar. I didn't really like "Everything Goes" as an OP but its refrain is rather catchy. I think the last OP I really liked was the second Hibiki theme. Maybe "Journey Through The Decade" too.

- I can already see how Foundation X will be interested in the happenings of this show simply from the opening narration. Then Giorgio Tsoukalos will run in and say it's not magic but aliens!

- Has anyone noticed they keep rehashing birds for the cutesy helper bots?

- "It's out duty to protect the public"? Isn't that rather obvious?

By the way, too bad Decade went with the AU idea, otherwise we maybe could have gotten Hiroko Sato in the Rinko role instead of as a female Ichijo.

Still, it's good to see cops in a non-comedic role again. It sort of gives the show that "ripped from the comics" feel that Kuuga, Agito and Ryuki had.

- Lots of bike action! But I fear it will diminish to nothing as the show goes on.

- This belt is the best-looking in a while, but it's more annoying than Meteor's and singing OOO's! Who at Bandai thinks this is a great idea?!

Speaking belts used to be cool. Not so much anymore.

- Rinko is a bit overdramatic.

Actually, she's reminding me of Gotou. She's a female Gotou. A world-saving idealist. At least with Rinko though, I can sort of see her as a cop. Gotou didn't look the part at all.

- Amino looks like he stepped out of a period drama or a gangster movie.

- That boss in blue looks familiar. Has he been in anything else?

- I like that humans actually become the Phantoms instead of "birthing" them as the word "Gate" seemed to imply. That would have made it an OOO rehash. Also it adds to the sinisterness of the villains.

- Looks like this will be another year where I have an issue with the Henshin process (Four in a row now). Why doesn't Haruto say it after he flips the thing on his Ring, rather than before? It makes the process seem slower.

- Why doesn't Koyomi do something about Rinko? She just stands next to her like a little child while she becomes a Phantom. Sort of funny, but also a bit callous.

What exactly was so traumatic about what Amino did? It all seems a bit overblown.

- I wonder if Winger can connect to other Phantoms besides the Dragon. Or if similar bikes could be made to do that.

I hope diving into the Underworld doesn't become routine like Den-O's time traveling after the week's Imajin. I also wonder if there will be an episode like the Perseus and Pisces arcs, where a Phantom doesn't side with the villains and either goes rogue, plays hero, or tries regaining his humanity.

- I like the end where Rink recalls Haruto's words about hope while he is riding away with Koyomi. A nice heroic image.

- Bike dueling next week! I hope they channel Go Badaa Ba or at least Wolf Undead.

A decent first episode, though I feel Rinko's story was rushed through. Does anyone know what next episode's Phantom is?

The new Tendou Souji
-The motorcycle is awesome, but a FRIGGIN DRAGON! And he controlled it first episode! Just when you thought it couldn't get more epic! Ryuki never did that on his first episode!

Haruto also got his powers prior to episode 1, Ryuki didn't.

In Justice, We Trust!
Am I the only one who thinks the CGI used so far has been a lot better then what we've seen in past series?

Thank god, because it looks like Wizard uses a lot of CGI.

Am I the only one who thinks the CGI used so far has been a lot better then what we've seen in past series?

Thank god, because it looks like Wizard uses a lot of CGI.

I can agree with that. I remember seeing early episodes of Double and comparing some the early CGI work to Tomica Hero Rescue Fire. It was only bearable by comparison.

But over time (yay, subtle fansub plugging! lol), I've noticed the CGI getting better in Kamen Rider. And I think it's really reaching its peak now with Wizard.

DAIMON PAWNCH
my only complaint is that they put too much into one episode which is meant for two episode fights... if they had cut the Mahou/Kibou/Zetsubou inner fight for the second part of the first two parter then it would of flowed better

Friendship and the Cosmos.
The first episode hardly ever is indicative of the series as a whole, so I'm holding my breath for the season. Especially with the CGI monsters. They seem to go all out with the CGI monsters in the first few eps and then bring it back periodically, which is fine since I never really liked Castle Doran and stuff in Kiva and I'm not too excited about seeing Haruto's dragon over and over again.

I wish the rider kick was a little less flashy though. A little style is fine like Double's wrist flick and stuff, but it seemed unpractical with Wizard.

D

Dr Kain

Okay, so after watching it subbed, there was not too much I really ended up missing beyond that Haruto became a Phantom himself. The episode was still quite good but I swear, that is the most curteous henshin device ever.

BTW, I have a question about Over-Time's release itself. Is anyone else having moments where the picture seems to get dark, then light, then dark again? It seems weird and is most noticeable when Haruto is in the jail cell talking to Rinko. Secondly, the subs seem to cut off and continue on the next line a couple of times mid-word. Did anyone notice this? For example, the last word on the top sentence will be pro and then the first word on the bottom sentence would be tect.

The Meteor has landed
So...Haruto said the only reason he can use magic cause he has a Phantom in him. And as we saw, the WizarDragon can also affect the Gate like the Apparition. Does that mean the dragon is Haruto's (If not the Apparition) Phantom?

EDIT:
BTW, I have a question about Over-Time's release itself. Is anyone else having moments where the picture seems to get dark, then light, then dark again? It seems weird and is most noticeable when Haruto is in the jail cell talking to Rinko. Secondly, the subs seem to cut off and continue on the next line a couple of times mid-word. Did anyone notice this? For example, the last word on the top sentence will be pro and then the first word on the bottom sentence would be tect.

Are you watching a stream of it? Cause that only happens on streams. The actual subbed video file isn't like that.