I liked him when he wasn't a god
Well, I saw the first episode. My thoughts? Definitely an improvement over Fourze. Here's some of my reasons for why:

The series
1. It isn't overly goofy.
2. It wasted no time showing the dark stuff.

And people wonder why I complain about the "DARKER IS BETTER OKAY AND COMEDY IS BAD" brigade

And people wonder why I complain about the "DARKER IS BETTER OKAY AND COMEDY IS BAD" brigade

Did you miss the word "overly"? Honestly, I don't know anyone here who has ever said they wanted to eliminate all comedy whatsoever in toku.

Did you miss the word "overly"? Honestly, I don't know anyone here who has ever said they wanted to eliminate all comedy whatsoever in toku.

Is there really any need to keep using Wizard to bash its predecessor?

If people are determined that Wizard has to be this great show, it should achieve that on its own terms, not just because "it's not Fourze" or "it's not goofy"

'Kay, it changed!
I'm pretty sure the wings come from the dragon he rides. According to pre-release info, it is a Phantom that lives inside him; and it's got the same shape/style of wings we saw in the flashback.

I can't see Haruto himself being the big boss since he's the hero and needs something to fight, but it could turn out similar to Eiji Greeed

I meant the Phoenix being the big boss, not Haruto. But oh, there's really a dragon inside of him? Sweeeeeeet, but do you think that he can summon it outside? Not just, you know, inside of a person soul or what ever.

Fangtaku
A thought I had, on the ritual and the set-up for the series.

We know, from pre-release stuff, that Haruto was to be sacrificed during the ritual, and that something went wrong. Due to what happened at the ritual, the Phantoms have begun to appear. We also saw in the first episode a flashback to the ritual, which appeared to be Haruto becoming a Phantom.

This leads me to two options:

1) The ritual was done by the bad guys, and the goal was to a) release massive amounts of Phantoms into the world or b) turn everyone into a Phantom. This would mean the ritual going wrong was a good thing. In this scenario, Haruto would actually be the failed survivor.

2) The ritual was done by an unknown agency, and the goal was to partially awaken Phantoms inside of people, to give them the powers, but not turn them into Phantoms fully. The ritual going wrong resulted in the Phantoms being born into our world. In this scenario, the two main bad guys probably were "failed" from the ritual, and Haruto was the survivor who got powers but not turned.

Given that there apparently weren't Phantoms in the world before the ritual, it couldn't have been to stop them.

Is there really any need to keep using Wizard to bash its predecessor?

If people are determined that Wizard has to be this great show, it should achieve that on its own terms, not just because "it's not Fourze" or "it's not goofy"

Relax, the guy said he was glad it wasn't "overly goofy" He never said no comedy all together.

I meant the Phoenix being the big boss, not Haruto. But oh, there's really a dragon inside of him? Sweeeeeeet, but do you think that he can summon it outside? Not just, you know, inside of a person soul or what ever.

Could be. Phoenix and Medusa are the Phantom's leaders, and Phoenix is the strongest ...

We definitely had pre-release info that states that Haruto's dragon is a Phantom living inside him. No idea whether he can use it in the outside world. According to Wikipedia's page on the Phantoms, Rinko has "latent abilities" as a Phantom and would have turned into one if she hadn't been saved by Haruto. (Which seems to tie in with what we saw of the ritual, his transformation looked like what Rinko was going through during that scene.) So that makes three out of five main cast members who are Phantoms, have Phantoms living inside them, or have the potential to become Phantoms. Could be four out of five if Shunpei has to be saved from the Phantoms too

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Wow, two great things happened. First off, the first episode was pretty cool. I cannot wait to see it subbed because there were a few things I could not catch in the raw. Secondly, I just discovered my brand new tv can actually play unconverted MKVs. YES!!!

Anyway, I thought his henshin was pretty cool and I love his design. The coat is just all kinds of awesome. The designs of the Phantoms are really great looking as well, and I like how we have already met two leaders. That is all I'm going to say right now until I see it subbed.