The Meteor has landed
No homo, right? :169:

yugi_all_the_homo_by_devdude93-d4fiwkf.png

Wait no, I mean yes, I mean...yeah, that's what I mean.

It's so easy when you're evil
After watching the HD clip of the first fight between Minotaur, the Ghouls and Wizard, I was struck by just how good the fight coreography was. Seriously, just look at when Minotaur jumps in and starts slashing at Wizard. That blew me away for a moment.

Keep it up, Wizard :thumbs:

[HIDE] [/HIDE]

Wizard can honestly suck from here on out, every second of every episode, and this will still be one of the best visuals in the history of the franchise.

DAIMON PAWNCH
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fLiKqDc0Q"]Power Rider Magic - YouTube[/ame]

tumblr_lopcl9XE5K1qc4j96.gif

Welcome
How fast is this gonna get old?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6g-uMdaDlg"]Persona Caballarius Veneficus - YouTube[/ame]

so-sorry.gif

Fangtaku
Granted, I couldn't understand most of the episode, but if we're going to compare Haruto to someone, he actually reminded me a bit more of Kouga from GARO.

Mr. Kamen Rider
Pretty good first episode! The flashback to his origin promises a lot, since there was some wild imagery going on there, but the show still has a sense of humor and feels in-line with the last few series. Haruto's pretty cool, and it all reminded me just a bit of Stronger with the "story already in progress, origin next time" thing. I enjoyed that about the same as Fourze's premiere.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Great first episode! I actually really liked Fourze's pilot, as it had that irresistible seishun flair in the vein of the usual seishun dramas, but this pilot wasn't bad at all.

. Very quirky main rider, but not quirky to the extent of Wataru, which is fine. He feels a bit awkward at first, but I feel as if that's only because Fukushi was so Gentaro from the get go, and because Watanabe was a bit more animated.

. Golden Bombers singing this OP is absolutely fantastic. The one thing I like about Golden Bombers is that they really work hard at pleasing fans and putting effort into their performance in order to compensate for the fact that they don't know how to play their instruments. The lead singer writes all of his own stuff, and while at first people may scratch their heads at the song choice, if you listen to Golden Bombers, this song is just like any other GB song.

I will seriously laugh my ass off if they make an acoustic version or instrumental of this.

. Superb action. I'm really hoping that they continue the quality of action. We tend to sort of fall into a lull with fight choreography as the seasons go on, and the one thing I liked Fourze for was Sakamoto coming back intermittently to create some awesome Fourze fights.

. The cafe feels really..nostalgic after not having one for a few years. I mean, we had Cous Cousierr, but that was more of a restaurant, so having a cafe back just seems...odd :laugh:

. Human forms for the monsters! Sweet. The way they appeared reminds me of the Orphenoch.

. The hope/despair thing is pretty cool. I like how humans die when they become phantoms and the phantom takes over. It's very Orphenoch-like.

. I like Rinko. But I wonder what they're gonna do with her since they already sort of talked about her past and stuff.

. The belt wasn't that bad. The show is very flashy enough, so the belt isn't going to change much at all. Of course, looking back now, the OOO Driver and Fourze driver were pretty damn cool.

. We had a director by the name of Nagasawa this episode. I've never seen his name as part of the credits in any previous series so I'm wondering if this means we'll get some new blood into the directing scene.

Lurker
First about raw on Jefusion. My god, it needs to be put out of it's misery.
I had to download it to get proper aspect ratio, and even than, nothing could be done about horrible frame rate and abysmal sound quality. I am surprised I was actually able to understand the dialog.
Although ads were a nice touch, especially the one where entire McDonalds full of children flipped me the bird. (Wizard's signature gesture can easily be misunderstood)
Plus now I know that If I was Japanese I wouldn't be able to get into toku. Do they really need to put so many ads for their toys in 20 minutes long ad for the same toys?

About episode itself:

Let's start with the main character shall we.
Now I can't really tell for future, but so far he interacted with two people, so I am basing my opinions on that.

I like Haruto. He is kinda full of himself in a way, but he does not put people down like Tendou would and he seems friendly and warm to people.
I like that he is capable in fight, like his sillier relaxed side as well as his serious dedicated side. How he is serious about not letting the same thing (phantoms consuming desperate people aka Gates) happen again.
He is a tad bit Marry Sue (No, I refuse to use Garry Stu) but that's the direction they took with the character and so far they pulled it off. Will they keep it up though?
Also Devil Jin much?

Other character that got development is Rinko... And she is kinda generic. Your typical honest cop caught in the environment where she can't help and she looks up to her father and because of that her dream is ruined. She is not bad. But she's just there.

Others we barely got glimpses of, so nothing much to say.

Now about the episode.
As far as story goes, it's an introduction to the basics of the show, so there's really isn't much beyond exposition. Otherwise it's a Rinko story and I have already discussed her.

Overall episode was enjoyable and very much so. Beginning was cool, it felt quick and that's a good thing, because it means I liked the rider and ended up wanting more.

The whole CGI sequence for some reason didn't bother me as much, as some others usually would.

Wizard used quite a bit of kicking, so I guess I kinda satisfied, but the sword action was good too, so I'm fine. I just want more hand to hand, that's it.

Magic is used constantly and that is actually good, compared to other riders where abilities were nothing but trinkets for Rider to fight with, here it's a very much part of everything. I enjoy it, however cheesy it ends up being. (go Pocket Haruto! Ride the wind on your toy unicorn and milk the hell out of that suggestive pose, let children chant "phallic symbol phallic symbol" as you go!)

I liked how the Trailers were revealing enough to make us excited, yet tame enough to let us get surprised. Showing the scene with SFX missing, thus preventing huge spoiler is a very nice trick.

BTW Am I only one who heard transformers sounds when bike merged with dragon?
And I am honestly surprised that Land style was the first to be used, with Water, expected to be first not being revealed at all.