I heard about Doctor Who, but I never really paid attention. But I saw an episode on the Syfy channel a few months ago, where they're in the library and the shadows. And I went to google Doctor Who, and found a place where I can download the episodes, and was hooked.

But lately, I haven't had time to start back up. Good thing Doctor Who's on Netflix :D.

Heroes are forever
I think there has been a small presence of Doctor Who throughout all my life. As soon as I saw the name in the internet a small bell ringed, but I didn't pay much attention to it until last year, when I decided to see once and for all what this was all about.
When I saw a picture of the Eleven Doctors, more bells rang, a lot of these guys looked familiar, specially #4, #6 and #9.

So, I decided to check it out. I saw all the regenerations, all the intros and some other scenes, along with a couple of serials from both the original series and the current one.
I decided at some point, that I would take a journey with the Doctor and follow this: http://www.drwhoguide.com/who.htm. So, I'm still waiting when the time is right to start my ambition.

The Great Me
Somebody get Keith Justice in here. I know the man's a Doctor Who fan and I want his opinion on this.

S

scikaiju

I discovered the good Doctor back in the 80s when my local PBS station aired the old serials. Actually they aired them in one big chunk. I didn't realize those things used to be multi-part serials until the mid to late 90s.

The Great Me
I am here. All other opinions are unnecessary.

Not today, Masta. Not today. I'm dead serious. I really wanna start watching this show and I ain't gonna have you spoil our fun. Now, have you ever watched the show and if yes, where do you think I should start off at?

Doctor Who for me had been on the back burner in my brain since my freshman year of college when a couple of dorm-mates who were fans of Classic Who were talking about how the show had been brought back. I started to get more of a sense of it when I listened to an episode of Girls in Trouble when angelicnoir and Bladedancer were talking about their opinions of the show but at the time I was fully in Kamen Rider mode and pretty much nothing else was on my brain. After finishing the entire Heisei Kamen Rider Series I finally decided that I would give the show a try and started off with Series 1 and the Ninth Doctor and was fully hooked 5 minutes into "Rose". My personal opinion would be to start at that point and watch forward from there, start catching up on Classic Who as you go along, it's an awesome show man have fun.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
In the summer of '08, I went to my local library and it just so happened that they had a DVD with the entire Tom Baker "The Keeper Of Trakken" story arc.

Back then, Doctor Who had just been a buzzword to me. I had no idea what it was, what it was about, and I honestly didn't care

But when I popped The Keeper Of Trakken in, I was mesmerized by its insane camp value and it's storytelling

Now do keep in mind that arc was the second to last one that Baker would do before Peter Davidson came in, so it was a very awkward point in the series' history for me to get into it

HJU's master of disguise
I started out by watching some old VHS recordings from the Tom Baker years. 4 was/is my Doctor