Tokumei Sentai Gobusters Part 2!! - Picture and News. It's Time For Masta!!

Mad Skillz
I don't think this will prompt Toei to stick to conservative Sentai ideas. Ratings are dropping faster after the retooling. The drop in ratings also began in the second half of Gokaiger. I think that should show that kids might be getting tired of the traditional Sentai formula. Toei really needs to think outside the box and radically change the story and character structure of Sentai.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I don't think this will prompt Toei to stick to conservative Sentai ideas. Ratings are dropping faster after the retooling. The drop in ratings also began in the second half of Gokaiger. I think that should show that kids might be getting tired of the traditional Sentai formula. Toei really needs to think outside the box and radically change the story and character structure of Sentai.

But then, in the two most recent shows that have tried hardest to make a break from the traditional look/formula (Gekiranger and Go-Busters) ratings have suffered. It's like Toei can't win whatever it tries to do.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

It's like Toei can't win whatever it tries to do.
Maybe Toei should stop focusing on kids? Toys' sells are good enough anyway. Kids don't like traditional Sentai and same with "Refresh Sentai". So why not to try do Sentai for adults?

Maybe Toei should stop focusing on kids? Toys' sells are good enough anyway. Kids don't like traditional Sentai and same with "Refresh Sentai". So why not to try do Sentai for adults?

They would never do that because they don't want to risk alienating Sentai's image, which would always be heroes for children. It's the same for Kamen Rider.

I don't do sense
Ahh, that didn't stop them from making The First and Akibaranger did it.

Rider Soul Ranger Spirit
I think there are downsides to both. You try something new, you will make the old fags angry. You keep the old, you will make the new fags angry.

It's about both sales, and audience, so if they can keep it balanced, I don't see why worry about the other. If they sell a lot, the show, even with low ratings, can keep going as it was meant to be going. If it's going well with the show, but not selling much, well, they'll do small things, like bonuses, and v-cinemas and stuff like that, I suppose.

I don't really think we should worry about it, as we don't have inside knowledge about anything TOEI does, and believe me, with internet and cable tv uprising in the last few years, audience has a lot more meaning, even if declining. Today's 5% can equal yesterday's 10% in success terms.

Goes for both Sentai and Rider, imho. So I don't mind a great series with stupid gimmicks, or an average series with thousand gimmicks. If they keep trying new stuff, with a nod to the old, I think that's the way to go. That's what makes this FRANCHISE... well, a Legacy. It's been 40 and 35 years by now. And they keep airing. And they're supposed to give the same feel. If they're doing it right... Let them work.

I've been defending for a while that ratings are possibly more related to the Super Hero Time block than the content of any specific series, especially since the recent ups and downs of Sentai go along with Rider's ups and downs. And it seems to me that kids see each franchise as one big, endless thing, unlike older fans who tend to compare, love one show and hate the next, etc. They don't discriminate as much.

I think Wizard will definitely answer some questions, although we should expect about 20 episodes or so at least, since there's always a natural rise at the beginning.

Last edited:
The Decade Everyone Wants Dead
What they need to do is what they did with Kamen Rider, being in new blood, worked for W.

[hide]
402784_3952880932887_1309536856_n.jpg
[/hide]