*explosion*
Probably a very great variety of reasons, from more competition in the time slot to kids not finding the concept very interesting.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
^ Is there more competition in the time slot?

Possible reasons:

- According to Lynxara in the main thread, military/sci-fi-themed shows have not been doing well with kids for some time now.
- Gokaiger started losing its child audience during the second half of the show (though still not to the record lows of Go-Busters.) Maybe they just saw no reason to tune in again for Go-Busters.
- Supposedly, older fans have been complaining about the show being too different from the usual Sentai mould. That seems to have been a problem for Gekiranger too.
- General decline - it's also affecting Kamen Rider and PreCure
- All the re-tooling/tampering has hurt the show, not helped it.

I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with Go-Buster. I can only speak for myself and say I've enjoyed it for what it is. I could make a guess and say it's characters but then again Sentai has had characters like Jan and Alata(Both in a positive way) so I can't see it being them. So I'm stumped on this question.

So this is what's happening w/ GO-BUSTERS @ the moment?
[ame="http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2173071022971"]Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger Episode 11 2/2 | Facebook[/ame]

Me personally this show has consistently kept me excited for the next ep.
I mean they've fixed some aspects that fans have been complaining about in the last couple of sentai shows.
-Like Spaming ultimate mecha combinations or whichever new mecha toy that just came out
-Having women stereotype episode for the the female ranger (or at least no overly obvious or exaggerated)

I think there's more but it's not coming up right now :sweat:

D

Dr Kain

Not surprised given how lackluster the show has been. It started out great, but then nothing has really happened in like 10-15 episodes, the villains are hardly a threat to the rangers, the commander always looks like he is bored, the rangers do nothing, and the Buddyroids are absolutely useless. Hell, the Foodroids in Fourze were more useful and they were just mindless machines. Usada is the worst of the bunch. He is just as annoying as Pikachu but not even useful like R2D2. Messiah is even worse than Dokoku was in Shinkenger when it comes to laziness. Enter tells him a good plan, the dude just blows him off. Then we have Escape, who is only there for the fanservice and is like every worthless anime chick thrown into one character.

So much has been said and analyzed about the rating failure of GoBusters, when in fact it's just a boring show that don't further its plot from episode to episode, and features characters that we are indifferent about. I recently started watching Goseigers and found, to my surprise, that it's a much better show than GoBusters. Is it flashier and contains more fluff? Yes but that's why I enjoy the show so much more. GoBusters need to go back to what makes Super Sentai series so successful in the first place. Give us a villain that has a clear goal, the heroes a clear objective for fighting, and above all else better characterization of all the members so that we'll give a damn about them. Right now only J and Blue GoBusters interest me. Hiromu can be gone from the show and nobody will notice or care.

Super Moderator
My understanding is that the toys are doing well so it's not a case of where kids only want all magic animals, all the time.

GoBusters has a lot of cool ideas, great designs, and potential but I think what makes it feel like it's all stuck in neutral is that they're trying a little too hard to be understated when some degree of bold over the top spirit is part and parcel to making a Sentai show a Sentai show.

It's weird because they'll give Hiromu something as ridiculous as his chicken fobia but they won't give the team a proper roll call and pose down. They'll reign it in a lot in some respects, go over the top with others but they seem to make odd choices.

I also think that the Buddyroids were supposed to be fighting alongside the team but instead their roll is relegated to something between being sidekicks and being parental units.

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
I think a lot of it has to do with Sentai as a whole just not being interesting to kids anymore. Go-Busters is just getting it worse because of the Toei meddling, so the constant changes might bug viewers. I really feel there needs to be some sort of major overhaul for Sentai to continue trucking along. Whatever comes after Go-Busters is going to be very interesting.