Tokumei Sentai Gobusters Part 2!! - Picture and News. It's Time For Masta!!

I love all this retooling talk. Especially since nobody ever talked about it until Akibaranger. Now we all act like we know what were talking about.

I love all this retooling talk. Especially since nobody ever talked about it until Akibaranger. Now we all act like we know what were talking about.

Huh... Hibiki? Did you somehow avoid all Hibiki discussion?

Even Decade had some too, although in a different way, since it wasn't due to lack of success in ratings or toy sales, but just the oddly timed ideas for movies near the ending of the show. This is just the first recent time it's being really obvious in Sentai. This discussion would have been happening even without Akibaranger.

Last edited:
I think this really highlights a problem with Sentai. They are now shoehorned in comedic cookie cutter light fare. If even doing something like Gobusters requires the show to be retooled. Well then in 10 years without a gamechanger, they are either cancelled or in Kabutack territory.

So in ten years we can say

Onore Go-busters?

Minato Ascending
I think the repercussion of Go-busters' failure at the rating will mean that Toei will become even more conservative in the design and implementation of sentai series in the foreseeable future, and we will not get the kind of new ideas and concepts as seen in Go-busters. I believe that Go-busters would've ushered in a new beginning in the franchise, and if it were successful Toei would've been more inclined to think outside the box in the future. This is akin to moving one step forward, and two steps back.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
not neccessarily. i think its a hard call to make at this time, none of us are really that knowledgeable about the inner workings of Toei. Without a closer source we have no way to know what their next move will be. They may just have to be more creative and smart about where they make changes.

While its not the series' primary goal, Go-Busters could be them experimenting and seeing what does and does not work in the "making changes department". Just because one series is a flop doesn't mean the next can't be successful, even if this is a part of a downward trend, theres still plenty possibility of the next series being really solid. There is such a thing as learning from your mistakes.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
not neccessarily. i think its a hard call to make at this time, none of us are really that knowledgeable about the inner workings of Toei. Without a closer source we have no way to know what their next move will be. They may just have to be more creative and smart about where they make changes.

While its not the series' primary goal, Go-Busters could be them experimenting and seeing what does and does not work in the "making changes department". Just because one series is a flop doesn't mean the next can't be successful, even if this is a part of a downward trend, theres still plenty possibility of the next series being really solid. There is such a thing as learning from your mistakes.

Gekiranger was a series that tried hard to be different, and it failed. (Go-Busters' ratings are much worse than Gekiranger's but its sales are much better.) But the following year, Go-Onger was trying new things again, with the Engines and a female Sixth among other things. So it doesn't necessarily spell doom for Toei trying new things again.

This might just be because I dislike the Space Sheriff Trilogy but I worry about Metal Heroes having an adverse effect on Sentai ...

Huh... Hibiki? Did you somehow avoid all Hibiki discussion?

Even Decade had some too, although in a different way, since it wasn't due to lack of success in ratings or toy sales, but just the oddly timed ideas for movies near the ending of the show. This is just the first recent time it's being really obvious in Sentai. This discussion would have been happening even without Akibaranger.
I still thought Power Rangers was it's own original idea when Hibiki was airing.
Even during Goseiger people were talking about it ...
lol That year never happened.