The Viewing Globe - Seriously? I'm Still Alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Tendou Souji
It is not that they think it is Japanese enough, the MLP and Homestuck people just submitted so many panel requests that they pretty much just caved.

I know in Anime Boston, some Homestuck fans (including a few of my good friends) wanted to, not do a panel but, a simple group event where they took a picture of a stack of cans and the con staff was apparently, really rude to them* since it wasn't of Japanese origin. (The con that year (aka 2012's shindig) was still flooded with MLP and Homestuck fans, fyi).

*only going off what my friend told me.

but when a guy walks up to you and starts talking about his Kirino Figma in detail I kind of want to beat him to death...then slyly take his figure for myself when no one is looking.

I've never had that happen to me. Well okay, I've had someone walk up and compliment me on a cosplay but, not anything you're describing.

Also would hugging Steven Blum or Kevin Smith on sight be a bad thing? Cause it would probably happen...man hug...
It depends what con you go to; Anime Boston wouldn't allow it, I know that much.

I still dont get how Sentai/Kamen Rider/Gavan/B-Fighter/ETC are not Japanese enough.

I dunno, Anime Boston allowed a Toku panel last time I went (again, 2012) and, it was lots of fun.
Got to re-watch Gokai's first episode~ <3

Last edited:
Welcome
So I can finally read Hiragana now.

Time for Katakana, I guess...

And then 2,000 Kanji.

I hate Japanese.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Speaking of foreign languages... I need to learn how to count in multiple languages so I have an easier time at work XD

Chief HJU News Editor
You don't really need to know 2,000, most of you probably would never use. Bout a 1,000 odd should be good.

Mad Skillz
I don't quite remember where, I'll try to find it, but recently I read this article that claims you only need to know something like 1,300 specific Kanji to be able to get around in Japan without trouble.

Time for Katakana, I guess...
Man, I hated learning Katakana. It's such an ugly alphabet compared to Hiragana.

And you should try not to forget what the first Kanji you learn is - just so you can go back and see how far you've come. I still remember the first I learned was 山. God bless pictographic alphabets.

In Justice, We Trust!
Got a convention tomorrow...can't freaking wait. First thing on my list is to head down to megablocks and getting myself some free mini figs.

Banned
after trying and failing to learn Japanese, can i safely say.

If i ever go to japan, i'm just gonna buy one of those $2,500 automatic Translators the US Military uses. Then i can have that thing spit out "Where is the local used toy shop?" in any Dialect i want. :thumbs:

The shortcut, making people who spents years doing something that you can do by spending lots of money hate you since the year 10,000 BCE. :laugh:

Back in Black
Well, it looks like I'm starting Freshman year tomorrow. Any last words or thoughts for me to know before I go through hell?

High school is easy. It was funny to see the reactions I got when some teachers found me to be more intelligent than their favorite students.

There is too much favoritism in high school. Just learn and pass. That is all that you can do with regards to academics. Making friends is good too, but remember that you won't see most of them after that. The friends that you will keep will be from college, but don't think that far into the future unless it makes you feel better.

Kindergarten... :loltongue:

Freshman in Kindergarten?

You should hope that four year plan does not get delayed. :p

Sound like weaboos to me. Or maybe just bandwagon-jumpers.

I agree.

after trying and failing to learn Japanese, can i safely say.

If i ever go to japan, i'm just gonna buy one of those $2,500 automatic Translators the US Military uses. Then i can have that thing spit out "Where is the local used toy shop?" in any Dialect i want. :thumbs:

The shortcut, making people who spents years doing something that you can do by spending lots of money hate you since the year 10,000 BCE. :laugh:

I doubt that it can produce the correct structure all the time. Those translators are best with short phrases. Translators have tried for many years to create a perfect translation device.

There's another month until the end of the summer?

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
High school is easy. It was funny to see the reactions I got when some teachers found me to be more intelligent than their favorite students.

There is too much favoritism in high school. Just learn and pass. That is all that you can do with regards to academics. Making friends is good too, but remember that you won't see most of them after that. The friends that you will keep will be from college, but don't think that far into the future unless it makes you feel better.

I still hang out with a friend I made in high school. Though it's true the rest of my friends are from college era.

Also I got a friend I met in first grade :anime:

Status
Not open for further replies.