Another stupid (or should I just say, un-serious) family issue.

I don't have low self esteem.
And this ones one of the least serious ones ever..

(gee I think I'm gonna get a lot of flaming for this but what the heck, why else is there an ignore function?!!)

Anyway, I was thinking about buying a CareBears doll from ToysRUs sometime next week, seeing that I've been quite obsessed with this stuff recently (oh boy, this is the part where all the flaming starts :rolleyes2: ), only later to have my parents have a strange reaction. They were critisizing me because they thought CareBears dolls were for under 6 year olds.

And I was really surprised that they would react like this. I had a long history of buying Power Rangers action figures and not got a single critisism, and buying CareBears dolls is really no different to buying Power Rangers (seeing that Power Rangers is a kids show too). They even know I buy Tokusatsu DVDs from Japan (I'd bloody hope they're not thinking Jetman is some dumbass J-Drama series or something).

So, to get to the point, I was wondering if anybody else here get similar critisisms from their parents, about doing stuff they think you're too old for? Do they tell you that Power Rangers and Tokusatsu or other similar shows is for kids and that you should watch some thing (according to them) "more adult"?

(lets hope this thread won't turn into a flame war :sweat: )

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
They're worried that you're becoming a gay homosexual dude. A guy having a love for Sentai is fine. But a guy having a love for Care Bares...not exactly what you're typical, red-blooded, straight male goes for.

Aren't Care Bear dolls for little girls?.
Steriotypically, but they don't really have to be (IMHO). Otherwise so would normal bog standard teddy bears.

Aside from that, it's not like afterwards I'm gonna buy some Barbies or anything.

They're worried that you're becoming a gay homosexual dude. A guy having a love for Sentai is fine. But a guy having a love for Care Bares...not exactly what you're typical, red-blooded, straight male goes for.
Nope!! Otherwise, I'd just have to be the first CareBear owner who has fantasies over Asian women. :p

I just think CareBears are Kawaii, and I like Kawaii, and if CareBears is really gay then so would be owning a pet cat.

Eye See You

Exacally what I was thinking.

Adults who collect little girl's dolls is something I'd worry about too.

Personally, I don't blame RSR's parents for their reaction.

Adults who collect little girl's dolls is something I'd worry about too.

Personally, I don't blame RSR's parents for their reaction.

It's only gonna be just 1 CareBear and it's not like I'm gonna take it out to picnics or stupid ****, he/she's probably just sit next to my computer n look cute (or something..).

Come to think of it, my dad used to watch Tellytubbies.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Well, if you must have one, buy it secretly, then get a female friend of yours to give it to you as a "gift" in front of your parents. At least then they'll think that you have a GF and therefore aren't going gay homosexual on them. :p

Well, if you must have one, buy it secretly, then get a female friend of yours to give it to you as a "gift" in front of your parents. At least then they'll think that you have a GF and therefore aren't going gay homosexual on them. :p

If I could even find a girlfriend anywhere, then I guess it could world.

Or I could just simply buy one, regardless of what she thinks. Besides, it's only gonna be once, and if she spots it innocently sitting beside my computer, then I could try n get it through to her that it's no big deal.

You're definitely not alone RSR. Sometimes i get quite an earful from my dad when he catches me watching toku shows. Apparently toku shows are for kids who haven't hit puberty yet, so a 21-year-old like me has no business whatsoever with 'em.

Ah well. I'm just young at heart.