If you read the description's for one of the earlier Wizard spoilers, there is still a "main character's bro" for Wizard............which they barely spotlight in this promo (the "bro" is actually gonna be some guy that fanboys over KR Wizard after he sees him fight for the 1st time)
IMHO he will be in the same position as JK or Shun in Fourze, which more like supporting character (not exactly comic-relief, though), and Koyomi feels more fitting the "bro" (now "sis") position.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm in a slightly different boat, that would be me but as said above I'm a fan of the 2 in 1 Rider. lol I think Wizard is getting the usual hype Rider gets every year. All I know is, I'm crossing my fingers, my organs, every item in my house, and my dorm room in hopes that Wizard can be a good series from beginning to end.

I don't think so. Let's be honest, a lot of people hate Fourze because it's unashamedly for kids. A large section of the fandom expects Kamen Rider to be this serious, mature, tightly-written superhero drama, and gets angry when it inevitably isn't. That's one of the biggest reasons why Wizard is getting so much hype - because people think it's going to be like an early Heisei series or at the very least more like W, rather than Fourze/OOO/Kiva/Decade/whatever show they were most recently disappointed by.

It's also the reason why Go-Busters got so much hype before it had even begun, because a lot of people were disappointed with Gokaiger by that stage and thought that Go-Busters might finally give them the "grown-up" show they were looking for. Go-Busters has been fun, it's introduced some new things, and it's a pleasure to watch each week. But has it lived up to the expectations people built up for it? No, of course not, nothing is ever going to match that. I don't expect Wizard to be able to either.

IMHO he will be in the same position as JK or Shun in Fourze, which more like supporting character (not exactly comic-relief, though), and Koyomi feels more fitting the "bro" (now "sis") position.

How can you say that? From what little we've got, it seems he's Haruto's self-appointed apprentice, and keeps trying but failing to help him. It's almost impossible that that wouldn't turn out to be significant at some point later in the plot. If Toei continues to go the route of having a crucial character die or leave at the end, that would probably be Koyomi - all the publicity stuff is about how she might be a Phantom and doesn't know where she comes from, etc. But that doesn't mean Shunpei is going to hang about in the background.

Last edited:
Lurker
I'm not hyped for Wizard because I expect it to be dark and gritty and serious. I'm hyped for Wizard because it looks awesome. Love the set up of the story we get, love his battle style, love his design and love feel I get from promos.

Lurker
What I'm excited about in Wizard is the Rider design and the monster design (I also think Wizard's modulated voice sound really cool, but I chalk that up to the design as well).

The premise on the other hand, I've seen it done a couple of times before so that's neither good nor bad.

On the other hand, for Fourze what I knew at that point (before the start) is that I didn't like the Rider design, but I did like the monster design. The premise was that he would make friends with everyone is school and protect it from the Zodiarts, so that was not much to neither get excited about nor hate on.

So Wizard has two wins and a tie, while Fourze had one win, one lost, and a tie. And that's why I'm more excited about Wizard than I was for Fourze.

Some kind of Beast mode
That and people going "Omg, this show will be so dark and mature! I can totes tell from this 30 second promo! Foruze was so kiddy, it makes me sick. Don't hate on me!!1"

Wurd..the usual...:laugh:

I don't think so. Let's be honest, a lot of people hate Fourze because it's unashamedly for kids. A large section of the fandom expects Kamen Rider to be this serious, mature, tightly-written superhero drama, and gets angry when it inevitably isn't. That's one of the biggest reasons why Wizard is getting so much hype - because people think it's going to be like an early Heisei series or at the very least more like W, rather than Fourze/OOO/Kiva/Decade/whatever show they were most recently disappointed by.

It's also the reason why Go-Busters got so much hype before it had even begun, because a lot of people were disappointed with Gokaiger by that stage and thought that Go-Busters might finally give them the "grown-up" show they were looking for. Go-Busters has been fun, it's introduced some new things, and it's a pleasure to watch each week. But has it lived up to the expectations people built up for it? No, of course not, nothing is ever going to match that. I don't expect Wizard to be able to either.

I love it when you make sense...

But seriously, I gotta wholeheartedly agree on your view of Go-Busters. Ever since Go-onger I haven't been holding my breath and Toei has been proving me right time and time again. Go-busters is good though, which says a lot..because it can be way better. That's a story for another thread though.

Silly is fine in KR, but the show has to go somewhere. W had balance even though Akiko had enough 'humor' (if you can call it that lol) for 3 KR series, Kiva had balance..despite it's other flaws.

Aronbafon
Kiva was flawed for other things, not it's sillyness. That at tops was a biproduct of it's flaws.

Anyways I think it's because the pre-release info regarding Wizard and the shown footage highlights it's darker style. Though the voice and such for his equipment sort of brings in some silly.

The main thing people hope is it can balance the dark and silly without going overboard with silly (Since that's what "most" don't seem to like from Rider).

"Training."
So they dropped the "main character's bro" from the previous 3 series?

They also dropped the same eye design in the past 3 series. I hope Wizard is still in continuity with Fourze. Oh well, we still have the Movie War in December. :sweat:

Anyways I think it's because the pre-release info regarding Wizard and the shown footage highlights it's darker style. Though the voice and such for his equipment sort of brings in some silly.

The main thing people hope is it can balance the dark and silly without going overboard with silly (Since that's what "most" don't seem to like from Rider).

What makes anyone think it's going to be "dark?" Being more serious than Fourze is not exactly difficult. At best, it will probably be around the level of W/OOO. We are not going back to the days of Kuuga through Faiz any time soon.

Quite why people feel entitled to demand that a children's show be made to satisfy them is another matter I'm not getting into.

Aronbafon
I'll admit I like the new eyes, but only because I love the Hibiki suits. Since that really is what his eyes look like.

It's firmly integrated to his suit and not just there.

What makes anyone think it's going to be "dark?" Being more serious than Fourze is not exactly difficult. At best, it will probably be around the level of W/OOO. We are not going back to the days of Kuuga through Faiz any time soon.

Quite why people feel entitled to demand that a children's show be made to satisfy them is another matter I'm not getting into.
No one is saying we're going to those levels of dark. But the pre-release info with that eclipse ritual. And along with how everything so far have been presented.

No one is saying we're going to those levels of dark. But the pre-release info with that eclipse ritual. And along with how everything so far have been presented.

That's really no more sinister than the whole Gaia Impact plot in W, or episode 1 of OOO where the whole Kougami motorcycle corps gets slaughtered, or even the attempted ritual during the Gemini episodes of Fourze.

I just - really want to know why people are so desperate for Kamen Rider to be "dark." I honestly don't get it. It's not supposed to be a serious, intriguing drama. It's an extended toy commercial! This is the sort of thing that makes my brain want to melt and start leaking out through my ears.