SLICE
Well what do you know! I actually looked at the trailer again and the animation is up to date(I guess with that youtube clip I saw from BTAS I had that overlap in my head with the trailer). Just the character design is the same (I still think thats weird).

....Would've been a lot easier for someone to just point that out that I was wrong y'know?

C'mon people.

I'll just clarify this right here because there seems to be some kind of bizarre confusion going on born of general assholery and false presumptions.

The Dark Knight Returns was a graphic novel created back in the late 80s that signified a turn towards how Batman would generally be presented in the future, with a grimmer more mature tone and all that fun stuff. It was about an old man Bruce Wayne coming out of retirement to save Gotham once more.

Batman the Animated Series, which was largely its own creature but took cues from the general mythology, had an anthology episode of sorts where we got to see three different versions of Batman, as told by kids.

One of those was a quick look at The Dark Knight Returns, using the same character style as the original comic.

This new movie has nothing to do with the Animated Series, but does look like what they did-because it also uses the same character style as the original comic.

That's why there's some confusion from those who do not know what the comic was or that it existed, but do know about that Animated Series clip. They're basically both adaptations of the same work, without having anything to do with the other.

The confusion I think really comes from the fact that a fair number of us know what the score is, with all these comics and cartoons and what not, and others are just trying to gleam what information they can from our posts which don't really explain things all that well to people who don't know what the ****.

And Batman Beyond already had B:TAS animation considering it was what replaced B:TAS. That was just a stupid thing to say whoever said it.

Banned
It means that I am now completely contradicting myself and saying that this is a fan forum, a place where noobs get hate by the hardcore fans for not understanding a damn. Sadly, HJU was supposed to be one big bowl of joy, where everyone can talk about, well, Tokusatsu, without having any of those "loyalists" criticise those who don't understand a damn thing. Yes yes I know I know. I am saying I am a C-word and a troll. Now get off my back, will you? Man you're annoying.........

Could you show me posts.. any posts... where people are doing what you say they are doing?

Raxbait: Hip
[HIDE]I'll just clarify this right here because there seems to be some kind of bizarre confusion going on born of general assholery and false presumptions.

The Dark Knight Returns was a graphic novel created back in the late 80s that signified a turn towards how Batman would generally be presented in the future, with a grimmer more mature tone and all that fun stuff. It was about an old man Bruce Wayne coming out of retirement to save Gotham once more.

Batman the Animated Series, which was largely its own creature but took cues from the general mythology, had an anthology episode of sorts where we got to see three different versions of Batman, as told by kids.

One of those was a quick look at The Dark Knight Returns, using the same character style as the original comic.

This new movie has nothing to do with the Animated Series, but does look like what they did-because it also uses the same character style as the original comic.

That's why there's some confusion from those who do not know what the comic was or that it existed, but do know about that Animated Series clip. They're basically both adaptations of the same work, without having anything to do with the other.

The confusion I think really comes from the fact that a fair number of us know what the score is, with all these comics and cartoons and what not, and others are just trying to gleam what information they can from our posts which don't really explain things all that well to people who don't know what the ****.

And Batman Beyond already had B:TAS animation considering it was what replaced B:TAS. That was just a stupid thing to say whoever said it[/HIDE].

Thank you good sir for taking the time to clarify this.

Tyrannosaurus!
It means that I am now completely contradicting myself and saying that this is a fan forum, a place where noobs get hate by the hardcore fans for not understanding a damn. Sadly, HJU was supposed to be one big bowl of joy, where everyone can talk about, well, Tokusatsu, without having any of those "loyalists" criticise those who don't understand a damn thing. Yes yes I know I know. I am saying I am a C-word and a troll. Now get off my back, will you? Man you're annoying.........
Did I just enter the twilight zone?

Banned
There's millions of posts on HJU. Do you honestly think I can just simply go and find such posts just like that? Besides, I'm too lazy to even try.

Yes you did, my friend. Yes you did.

You say it's happening. I would like to see it. I know people around here can get their backs against the wall, but not how you described it.

The Great Me
You say it's happening. I would like to see it. I know people around here can get their backs against the wall, but not how you described it.

I exaggerate these type of things. Yes, I REALLY hate these so-called "loyalists".

Banned
I exaggerate these type of things. Yes, I REALLY hate these so-called "loyalists".

Well I used to be a sentai snob, so I know what you are talking about there. If people say something that bugs you a lot you can do one of two things. Ignore it, or STRIKE BACK AT THE... erm... yeah.. :sweat:

And Batman Beyond already had B:TAS animation considering it was what replaced B:TAS. That was just a stupid thing to say whoever said it.

Animation looked cheap, especially the style. I mean, both shows had a similar quality, but by that time the quality dipped as far as the art direction.

To say that going from this:

Batman-Superman1.jpg

To this:

new_batman_adventures_cast.jpg

And to this:

Batman+Beyond+-+2x20+-+Zeta_0003.jpg

The style and art direction went to the wayside ,and even the quality at some point as well with lower budgets. Not saying the shows after TAS weren't good, but saying that the art direction didn't take a dive is like saying American Dragon Jake Long didn't get canceled for the same thing or if Avatar went to an Timm style.

I bought the production art book of TAS, just to let you know, and I wish they would continue the series as an animated series. But with , you know, the art direction of Boondocks or TAS and a budget to actually not look cheap as the later iterations of the DCAU. Unless I am remembering wrong, though.

@Ore-Sama, I agree with KingRanger. Either present the evidence, which I know in my few years of being here as a very friendly place , or drop it.

@AoiBlue, I know what you are feeling, and trust me, this tracing aka reusing aspects in animation is very quite common, especially when there are concrete deadlines. Did you know that the dance scene in Beauty and the Beast was completely traced from Sleeping Beauty?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uAc7XrMYI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uAc7XrMYI[/ame]

This is the most famous example and I would not put it past Timm to have reused the animation via tracing [though digital is far easier than by hand] for that particular scene in the animated film.

It's not like Live action shows like Power Rangers and perhaps others are exclusive in reusing stock stock footage (stuff like morphing sequences and zord formations).

The Great Me
Well I used to be a sentai snob, so I know what you are talking about there. If people say something that bugs you a lot you can do one of two things. Ignore it, or STRIKE BACK AT THE... erm... yeah.. :sweat:

Haha chill, my friend. I don't hate on anyone who hates my likes. If they come up with ridiculous reasons for hating on my likes, I just troll them. It's actually kind of fun to make fun of these type of folk.