To be honest, in Fourze, the number of "defector Kaijin" is pretty impressive; it could be argued that except Libra, Scorpio, Leo, and Cancer, all Zodiarts are somewhat defectors; basic Zodiarts are not concerned about Gamou's plan, and once defeated, join Gentaro's side (as shown in their appearances following their defeat, and in the movie (yeah, even Makise)); and among the Horoscopes, Virgo and Pisces are defectors since the beginning, Taurus defects at the end of his arc, Aries didn't care at all about Gamou, but rather only cared being his school's dictator, Capricorn's only loyalty was for rock'n roll, and Aquarius was as much loyal to Gamou as she was to Gentaro.

With the Dopants though Ryubee was just experimenting. Gamou was actually looking for followers before it changing to "collect all the Switches and dump the users somewhere".

Even though Bias was merely using the four Doctors too, they still followed him to the end. I would've liked to see the Club continually face off against their schoolmates and gradually take them down as the finale drew near.

Maybe instead of keeping Scorpio around after her big defeat in 14, write her off then and replace her scenes afterward with Aquarius being instructed by Libra. Then until episode 30, bring in Aries, Capricorn and Cancer. Aries is offed in 32, then set Cancer's and Capricorn's demises after that while introducing Taurus to replace them. Aquarius and Taurus can still depart at 38 and 40, Virgo dies, Pisces is introduced earlier (maybe before or with Gemini) and is defeated in 46 like what we saw.

The point is, don't relegate the 12 to lesser Zodiart status and stuff them all into the second half of the show. Introduce them earlier and replace their "intro-conclusion" two-parters with more lesser Zodiarts.

- Gamou's speech about ascension really makes me wish more Horoscopes had stuck around before now. It also clashes a bit with Gamou earlier saying that he only needed the Switches themselves. He could've just taken the Pisces Switch then and there.

Speaking of which, why didn't anyone comment on its blue color? Or does the blue mean that it's not fully developed yet?
I think Gamou does only need the switch, but only specific people can evolve it into a full horoscopes switch. So he needs them to do that, which is why he indicated he needed Ran to use it in order to make it go from blue to red, rather than just having the basic blue switch.
- When did Gamou give up on attaining the Core Switch? In the Capricorn arc he made it a point to search for it.
I think the first time they mention the core switch, it's pretty much as "oh it's a pity it's gone, but we have this other plan now". Then they thought they sense it that one time and seemed interested, but I guess their investigation ran out of steam and they went back to the usual plan. Just some bits from the writers to make it seem like it didn't totally come out of nowhere.
- How could Gamou not know about the Rabbit Hutch if he worked there himself years before?
He doesn't know (or didn't know, as I guess Libra could tell him now) that the KRC have a portal to it. If he has no reason to go back then as far as he knew it was just a partially-destroyed ruin on the moon. Whether he knew about the Fourze and Meteor drivers and their switches in advance, or whether that was hidden from him, is another question. If he knew of their existence, he should have wondered how they got from the moon back to Earth.
- So Meteor can use the Magnet Switches. But can he do it without the phone pieces?
Meteor has only used circle (right arm) switches borrowed from Fourze. So I'd guess he can only use N Magnet. I can't recall any indication from the show that you can use the magnet switches individually to do anything. It did still have the half of the phone/joystick attached to it. I'd guess that's why they could trigger a team attack with it, though I assume it also required Gentaro to trigger the limit break on his end too.
- Bikes are back! And out of costume too!
Yup. Though it does raise the question of how everyone else got to that beach so quickly?
- So much for the Garren-style Libra henshin >>
Yeah it would have been cool to have had any of the Zodiarts change to the KRC's side and taken up an Another Agito type role.
- So Gamou alone ascends, and his followers just stand there watching? Don't they expect to go along with him?
You'd have thought that they'd be a bit concerned, as even if they got sucked in they don't have their switches in-hand to change, and Gamou specifically said you need to be in horoscopes form to survive the trip.
For that matter most Dopants were rogue agents who didn't exactly side with Museum.
With the Dopants though Ryubee was just experimenting. Gamou was actually looking for followers before it changing to "collect all the Switches and dump the users somewhere".
Museum were almost acting like drug dealers with the Gaia Memories though - selling them through shifty street dealers to any old person. They even had that whole "you're selling them to kids" thing with the Bird memory. Of course the metaphor completely falls apart given that the heroes are also using Gaia Memories (drugs are bad kids...unless you can find a special device that stops you from getting the full hit. Then drugs make you a hero :eyebrow: )
But with the Zodiarts switches they have made a point of showing that a senior Horoscopes was at least keeping an eye on them, and Gamou gets regular reports on what they're all up to.
The point is, don't relegate the 12 to lesser Zodiart status and stuff them all into the second half of the show. Introduce them earlier and replace their "intro-conclusion" two-parters with more lesser Zodiarts.
In a way it actually would have been better to have had all twelve from the start, each with two or three Zodiart flunkies, and Fourze spends the series taking them out one by one. OK, so that's only an average of 4 episodes each, so the first two might have been a bit too easily foiled, but as the others then had more time to enact their own plans they would get increasingly difficult for Fourze to deal with as the show went on.

Another awesome episode of Fourze!

- Overall, not much to say about Pisces. She had a nice design, a cool ability, and Ran being the Switcher was a nice twist. But in the end, with all the other Horoscopes out of the way, all Pisces was important for was being the final Horoscope. A plot device, I guess you could say. And personally, I kinda wish she had a trident which would've made her much more effective in combat than her swimming attacks. Actually, Pisces is supposed to have a trident in the movie... :eyebrow:

- But I definitely have a lot to say about Libra. For a character that was meant for 4-6 episodes, he certainly surprised everyone with how long he lasted in the show. Goes to show just how far being played by a former Rider can get you on a Kamen Rider show. Effectively becoming Fourze's rival after Sonoda got sent to the M-Bu... I mean Dark Nebula, Libra became much more important to the plot than I ever expected. Sure eventually his combat abilities became virtually nothing, and he became pretty much a joke to the new and higher up Horoscopes, but Hayami in all his smugness did more than Uva ever did. So all in all, I liked Libra. He may not have turned out to be the final villain, but he was a good villain nonetheless.

- I love how they dealt with the Sonoda is Scorpio reveal, something we all thought would be this big shocking event, with just Ohusgi being the only one acting shocked about it. Talk about playing with your expectations! :laugh:

- I'll admit that the action in Fourze hasn't been up to par with the Sakamoto directed episodes, but even so this episode still had some cool stuff. The combined Meteor and Fourze finisher with the Magnet Switch was nice, since we'll probably never get a proper Double Rider Kick in the actual show. And the Fourze vs Libra, and Meteor Vs Leo fights in a typhoon had an awesome atmosphere. Seeing Fourze beat on Libra in Base States, which was impossible before, was also awesome. All in all, the action wasn't half bad, but I'm excited for Sakamoto to come back and close off Fourze.

- Speaking of the end of Fourze, it's been a while since I've been really excited for a final fight. It helps that Gamou/Sagittarius has been really well established as a threat both physically and ideologically to Gentarou and the club. All his smugness, lines like "For someone like you to put an end to my ambition... it's simply impossible," and his insults to Gentarou's belief just get me fired up for when the two finally settling things one-on-one. Honestly, recent final fights in Rider have yet to really "wow" me, and I'm hoping Fourze can do that in spades. With 47 looking like setup, it's looking pretty likely 48 will be dedicated to Fourze and Sagittarius ending things once and for all which I'm perfectly fine with. Oh, there's also Meteor vs Leo but in the grand scheme of things the latter isn't that important.

- Can't wait next week for the truth of the Core Switch revealed, the Rabbit Hatch attacked, and Kengo as Fourze!?

Happy Birthday!
^And more than that, Fourze in terms of plot was really a surprise to my end. I was thinking that Fourze could be or could go worse with all of the cliches that it had but these were redeemed by the execution. Aside from that, though this is minor, I am glad that we don't get to see a white Kamen Rider as an enemy like Eternal, Psyga, and if allowed, Shadowmoon (though silver) or just a sidekick like "The Lancer" type Ixa but as a main/ titular Rider and also, the color for the super modes of both Fourze and Meteor is generally blue which I say "FINALLY! Blue has been exalted!". Also with the action going on, this show has further made me interested and I do hope that when Wizard casts a spell, it would continue the good tradition.

Minato Ascending
I think ep. 46 is quite amazing, but I'm rather sad about Hayami/Libra's death, especially since he was protecting someone who had very low opinion of him. I wonder if Hayami had completely lied to the KRC about what he thought was injustice from Gamou, or was he actually honest about some of it, enough to make Gentaro believe he was sincere and willing to help him take down the Chairman.

I think ep. 46 is quite amazing, but I'm rather sad about Hayami/Libra's death, especially since he was protecting someone who had very low opinion of him. I wonder if Hayami had completely lied to the KRC about what he thought was injustice from Gamou, or was he actually honest about some of it, enough to make Gentaro believe he was sincere and willing to help him take down the Chairman.

Nah, what was sincere about Hayami was his willingness to throw away his life. Gentaro mentions that he's sure that part seemed genuine several times, and that's why he chose to believe in his words. In the end, Hayami was willing to throw away his life, but for Gamou.

Minato Ascending
Nah, what was sincere about Hayami was his willingness to throw away his life. Gentaro mentions that he's sure that part seemed genuine several times, and that's why he chose to believe in his words. In the end, Hayami was willing to throw away his life, but for Gamou.

Well, as audience we have seen Hayami's growing dissatisfaction with Gamou, and how his bodyguard would bullied him around. He was even close to being sent to Dark Nebula (which turns out to be the H-Bus), so that's why when he became a turncoat, we believed him. I'd like to know why Hayami, despite his early disillusion with Gamou, nevertheless died for him in the end. And the sad truth is that, Gamou probably didn't think much of it even though his life was spared by someone he considered expendable. Maybe Hayami will return from the dead as Garren and kicks his butt. :thumbs:

Lurker
Well, as audience we have seen Hayami's growing dissatisfaction with Gamou, and how his bodyguard would bullied him around. He was even close to being sent to Dark Nebula (which turns out to be the H-Bus), so that's why when he became a turncoat, we believed him. I'd like to know why Hayami, despite his early disillusion with Gamou, nevertheless died for him in the end. And the sad truth is that, Gamou probably didn't think much of it even though his life was spared by someone he considered expendable. Maybe Hayami will return from the dead as Garren and kicks his butt. :thumbs:

I already have a theory. Eye of Lapras or something gives Fourth Wall awareness. The whole charade that showed Hayami growing frustrated with his role as a Horoscope and actual danger of Gamou disposing of him was to trick the viewer.