2012/2013 Kamen Rider - Kamen Rider Wizard... CONFIRMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Moderator
The numeric theme has pretty much ended already though thanks to Wizard. Tsukada could bring it back in the next show, but it's pretty clear that Wizard doesn't have any kind of number theme at this point.

But there is the weird hand theme. Five fingers.

Heroes are forever
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. I'm thinking that at some point we'll see five rings in one hand, whatever the effect is.

Lurker
Wizard definitely has 5 motif. Early rumors gave us V-zard as possible variation of the name. His had has V's on its Helmet and yeah... five fingers.
Having 5 mix'n'match trinkets would be just overkill, so they used motif less directly, that's all.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
I think a lot of the fan affection for Foundation X comes less from what the group has actually done, but from what the group could do, and how its presence alone makes the second decade of Heisei Rider very different in scope and tone from the first. I think a certain segment of the fandom really likes seeing new shows revisit some long-absent Showa ideas, and Foundation X is very much the sort of concept that could've easily appeared in a Showa Rider show. That doesn't make them automatically good, of course. That does mean your objections will be meaningless to those who are inclined to like Foundation X, though.
Ok, buuuuuuut is there no validity to peeps like tokuprime and myself who don't seem all that impressed by a group that as of this post has been nothing more than an evil Daddy Warbucks giving the evil orphan Annie of the series her weekly evil allowance?
I get what you guys are saying, "the potential of FX is super interesting", and it is. But, potential can only sustain one's rep for so long until they've gotta be able to back it up, and I personally don't feel like they've done anything to really have me go "Oh hell, thats Foundtation X! ****. Just. Got. Real."when they show up. I think having a branch of FX be the main villain of a KR series might help. When I say a branch I don't mean someone they're throwing a paycheck at, I mean a legitimate branch of their main group. MAYBE have them actually expand on that Mutamit idea so its not a complete waste of an interesting concept? it could help give them a little more substance.

The thing with Foundation X is that makes them interesting is that they would rather operate behind the scenes than directly confront the Riders. If later on, they would see the Riders as a resource to get rid of anyone who want to completly destroy the world. Since there's no profit in a ruined planet. Right now they've only supported Museum & the Horoscopes. However it would be something if they also back good orginizations as well. Because that would make them very complex than the typical evil orginization.

Last edited:
Mad Skillz
Wizard definitely has 5 motif. Early rumors gave us V-zard as possible variation of the name. His had has V's on its Helmet and yeah... five fingers.
Having 5 mix'n'match trinkets would be just overkill, so they used motif less directly, that's all.
That's really kind of a stretch though. Even if he uses five rings for a power up, it would at best be a reference to the numbers theme and not the outright usage of it. The five fingers bit doesn't make sense because...he only uses two rings at any given time.

Lurker
That's really kind of a stretch though. Even if he uses five rings for a power up, it would at best be a reference to the numbers theme and not the outright usage of it. The five fingers bit doesn't make sense because...he only uses two rings at any given time.

And? His belt is still a hand and hand has five fingers. I don't understand why you deny something that is obviously there? As I said it's more of a subtle nod this time, instead of downright gimmick, but increasing numerical motif is still there. It's just not 5 trinkets now, but overall hints to the 5.

(if you think it's a stretch, we are talking about Japanese people. They are all about such things that some won't even notice, like clever names in Fourze. Unless pointed out, I wouldn't even notice the obvious references to the previous riders among Kamen Rider Club... let alone those names of horoscopes, having multiple layers of hidden meanings, not just anagrams).

Henshin a Go-Go!!
The thing with Foundation X is that makes them interesting is that they would rather operate behind the sceens that directly confronting the Riders. If later on, they would see the Riders as a resource to get rid of anyone who want to completly destroy the world. Since there's no profit in a ruined planet. Right now they've only supported Museum & the Horoscopes. However it would be something if they also back good orginizations as well. Because that would make them very complex than the typical evil orginization.

I'm getting kind of sick of puppet master villains personally, not just in rider but in general. I wanna see them do something big and memorable. I want to see Foundation X do something that for them shows very little effort, yet still blows our minds. I don't have any good way to explain what I mean but I'll try...
I want to see a little bit of what Foundation X has up their personal sleeve and have that alone be almost terrifying. Like in an
"We could wipe the floor with you on our own, we just don't like to get our hands dirty. But since you have forced our hand..."
*effortlessly beats rider to near death in the blink of an eye.*
I like the idea of FX being more than capable of handling things on their own but not doing so for some reason.
I would actually be WAY more interested in them if they supported both good and evil, just for the sake of keeping the moral balance ro whatever

V-zard was never a thing. That was just people trying to figure out what the number pun would be but there wasn't any. 5 finger thing. Yeah that's obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.