Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Random thought: If Enter really is just a facet of Messiah, yet never manages to please him or find a plan that Messiah likes - I wonder if there is some sort of parallel in there to J being deliberately programmed to do things that Masato hates?

We had one last year, so maybe Go-Busters won't have one. In Shinkenger, the cast seemed to think that Kotoha was too young to convincingly pose as a bride; and she's around the same age as Yoko.

Anyway, Hiromu was raised outside of EMC and he still thought it a good idea to dress up in that ridiculous Sherlock Holmes costume
Hmm but you know how Sentai is with thinking guys dressed as girls is the height of great humour. There's always a chance they'll try and put Hiromu in that wedding dress :sly:
Enter is not having this problem. So we should either start to see him breaking down soon, or if not, that would pretty much confirm that he is just a facet of Messiah and doesn't have a human body.
Or the other option that Enter is human but Escape isn't. But that's just wild mass speculation on my part. Part of me is expecting some kind of standard sci-fi 'twist', like Enter is the guy who programmed Messiah, but had his memory wiped, or something.
Random thought: If Enter really is just a facet of Messiah, yet never manages to please him or find a plan that Messiah likes - I wonder if there is some sort of parallel in there to J being deliberately programmed to do things that Masato hates?
J IS like Masato. They both have the same amount of ego. That's the source of J's imperfections - he's too much like his creator. Of course, all the buddyroids reflect prominent aspects of their human partners' personalities, and it's exactly those aspects that Hiromu, Ryuji and Yoko find so annoying in them. As for Enter, he was very 'in-tune' with his Master's goals at the start of the show. To me it seems that Messiah has changed and Enter hasn't. Which would be expected if he turns out not to be a human.
"Maturity" and "reality" do not equal good show or good writing
Agreed. I meant it more as a change in the type of stories. Of course, the producers are now trying to smother all the non-standard aspects of Go-Busters, so I suspect this will never be brought up again.

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/2012201Q20E8A39CE8B6B3E8B387E69699EFBC88EnglishEFB.pdf

Bandai's financial reports for the first quarter are out. In 3 months, Go-Busters managed 2.9 million yens (vs 3.6 from Gokaiger last year in the same period). It's also interesting to note Dragonball managing to get 1 million yen with no current series at all...

Fourze did 6.1 million in the first quarter, bellow OOO's 6.7 million for the same period of the last year. Still above everything else though...

As for Enter, he was very 'in-tune' with his Master's goals at the start of the show.

I don't think that's really true. Since the beginning, he has made concessions on his plans for Messiah, or even given up on them completely for a long time, like the one with multiple megazords.

Last edited:
Lurker
So, obviously, this is something shocking to a Western sensibility (a superhero who's a deadbeat dad?!), but I don't think the target audience would consider it icky. There's a lot of classical Japanese folklore, the sort kids would already be familiar with, that revolves around awesome adventuresome parents having awesome adventuresome illegitimate children.

A lot of actual illustrious figures from Japanese history and culture are illegitimate children, too. Some examples include Otagaki Rengetsu, the great poet, calligrapher, and ceramic artist; the eighth unit captain of the Shinsengumi, Todo Heisuke; and Shimazu Tadahisa, founder of the Shimazu samurai clan and illegitimate son of Minamoto Yoritomo.

In short, I don't think this development would even be taken as all that melodramatic by the target audience. Family drama like this is usually the core of classical Japanese storytelling. It would be considered tragic that Masato couldn't make his identity obvious to Yoko, but it's fairly unlikely he would be considered a bad person over it.

I agree. Japan isn't the U.S., & from what I hear, socializes with people & gets along with each other a lot better than people in the U.S. does.

I've never been so worried for a Sentai before. Imagine it ending at like 45. Even that would say a lot.

We have Fiveman, Ohranger, & Carranger only being at 48 episodes long, which isn't bad at all. J.A.K.Q., however, had it worse, as that series only lasted for 35 episodes long & is the shortest sentai series to date so far.

Last edited:
http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/2012201Q20E8A39CE8B6B3E8B387E69699EFBC88EnglishEFB.pdf

Bandai's financial reports for the first quarter are out. In 3 months, Go-Busters managed 2.9 million yens (vs 3.6 from Gokaiger last year in the same period). It's also interesting to note Dragonball managing to get 1 million yen with no current series at all...

Fourze did 6.1 million in the first quarter, bellow OOO's 6.7 million for the same period of the last year. Still above everything else though...
Actually pretty easy to understand for a business document. What's Anpanman though? Is DenjiBlue bringing in 1.8 billion yen in baked goods?

Some kind of Beast mode
We have Fiveman, Ohranger, & Carranger only being at 48 episodes long, which isn't bad at all. J.A.K.Q., however, had it worse, as that series only lasted for 35 episodes long & is the shortest sentai series to date so far.

That's when Sentai was trying to find its identity though. So that's understandable.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Bearing in mind that Gokaiger's sales were exceptional and tie with Go-Onger for highest of the last five years, how does 2.9 million rate?

Nice post!!
Bearing in mind that Gokaiger's sales were exceptional and tie with Go-Onger for highest of the last five years, how does 2.9 million rate?

Absolutely not bad at all, especially for such a stripped-down line. I want to say those numbers are in Shinkenger's ballpark, which is generally a good place for Sentai sales to be. Go-Busters is probably at least meeting Bandai's sales expectations and possibly exceeding them.

Mad Skillz
The numbers are actually higher than Shikenger's - at least looking at the predicted yearly forecast. If they hold true, that means the only shows to have done better would be Gokaiger, Go-Onger, Dekaranger, and Abaranger from the last ten years. This sort of strikes me as an Ohranger/Carranger situation where a show does historically bad in ratings but the financial stuff is actually much better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.