Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when he wasn't a god
That explains so much during OOO's run.

OOO was subjected to a lot of rewriting and plot changes that the staff have spoken about. Its original concept was even more out there than what we got.

But how do we know if that's her maiden name, and not the name she took after marriage?

[HIDE]She obviously wasn't married to Masato, was she? Yoko has whatever name her mother was using at the time ...[/HIDE]

EDIT: Wait a second, going back to the idea of Enter being Hiromu's dad; If we just learned about what Yoko's mom and now that Escape has appeared, do you guys think that Escape might be Yoko's mom taken controlled from the MetaVirus?

There's no real evidence of him being Hiromu's dad - I think that's just fan speculation based on what people thought would be cool (and it almost certainly won't happen after what we got in this episode.) Everything we have so far suggests that Enter and Escape are just facets of Messiah.

The Meteor has landed
OOO was subjected to a lot of rewriting and plot changes that the staff have spoken about. Its original concept was even more out there than what we got.

Yeah, but even before the changes, OOO was still confusing the way it was going with it's plot.

[HIDE]She obviously wasn't married to Masato, was she? Yoko has whatever name her mother was using at the time ...[/HIDE]

How do we know if she was? How do we know if Masato was dating her mom beforehand and Yoko was an accident. Furthermore, how come Yoko never talks about her father anyway? If anything, it's making Masato being her father more likely! Godamit Kobayashi!

There's no real evidence of him being Hiromu's dad - I think that's just fan speculation based on what people thought would be cool (and it almost certainly won't happen after what we got in this episode.) Everything we have so far suggests that Enter and Escape are just facets of Messiah.

Eh, true.

Yeah, but even before the changes, OOO was still confusing the way it was going with it's plot.

That's true

How do we know if she was? How do we know if Masato was dating her mom beforehand and Yoko was an accident. Furthermore, how come Yoko never talks about her father anyway? If anything, it's making Masato being her father more likely! Godamit Kobayashi!

Yoko's mother was obviously not married to Masato. Otherwise Yoko would be called Yoko Jin, Masato would have been part of her life, etc. And we wouldn't have all this nonsense. Yoko has taken the surname her mother was using at the time when Yoko was born.

On second thoughts about Escape - they may update the OP next week, since Yoko's now 17, the title sequence is a little out of date. Perhaps Escape will appear then?

I don't do sense
This plotline is at Kiva-esque levels of stupidity and unnecessary theatrics.
Woah woah hold it right there.
Next thing you know is lazycoconut is going to call The Empire Strikes Back "Kiva levels of stupidity".
And all this bitching without even watching the episode.

I don't understand your crying. All the best-remembered toku have been written with more than just kids in mind. Look at Jetman, it's well-loved exactly because it has a little more than wacky hijinks. Look at Dairanger. One of the most loved Metal Hero series is Metalder. For all the same reasons. Kamen Rider? Look at Kuuga. Look at W. They all pulled better ratings too. More than just a kids show is something all kids shows should strive for. Human drama, or should I say, humane drama is what makes shows about super robots and guys in rubber suits really breathe.

That being said, Go-Busters isn't really doing a very good job of it. And probably isn't even really aiming for it. But the family theme is there and you can't really say that it came out of the left field completely.
This isn't even Inoue levels of melodrama, not even close.

Woah woah hold it right there.
Next thing you know is lazycoconut is going to call The Empire Strikes Back "Kiva levels of stupidity".
And all this bitching without even watching the episode.

I did, actually. I watched it as it was airing, and there's a raw out now.

I don't understand your crying. All the best-remembered toku have been written with more than just kids in mind. Look at Jetman, it's well-loved exactly because it has a little more than wacky hijinks. Look at Dairanger. One of the most loved Metal Hero series is Metalder. For all the same reasons. Kamen Rider? Look at Kuuga. Look at W. They all pulled better ratings too. More than just a kids show is something all kids shows should strive for. Human drama, or should I say, humane drama is what makes shows about super robots and guys in rubber suits really breathe.

Jetman, Dairanger, Metalder, et al were made for a wider audience, they were aired at a time when Sentai and Metal Heroes targeted a family audience. Go-Busters, on the other hand, is a show aimed at pre-school-aged kids, in a morning block full of straight-up kids' fare. Leave all the babydaddy stuff to after-school dramas for teens.

I don't know why people get the idea that characters don't feel "real" or "human" unless there is silly drama attached to them.

Lurker
Enter being Hiromu's dad would make absolutely no sense lol. I think it would be more interesting if J was his dad somehow trapped in a machine. I'm also a supporter of the Jin thing being a red herring and J being Yoko's real dad for whatever reason.

I don't do sense
Go-Busters, on the other hand, is a show aimed at pre-school-aged kids, in a morning block full of straight-up kids' fare. Leave all the babydaddy stuff to after-school dramas for teens.
Kids are tuning in anyway.
Toei wants teens and adults to tune back in.
I don't know why people get the idea that characters don't feel "real" or "human" unless there is silly drama attached to them.
Nice strawman.
There isn't a silly drama here.
There isn't even a drama at all.
You've made it up.

Kids are tuning in anyway.
Toei wants teens and adults to tune back in.

We can all hope for a better slot for Sentai/KR then. That's good.

Nice strawman.
There isn't a silly drama here.
There isn't even a drama at all.
You've made it up.

"Strawman", the classic excuse :laugh:

You're talking about "human drama" which, in the case of the shows you referred to, is usually stuff about: who is in love with who, who is secretly someone's father/mother/sibling, other petty personal things. Isn't that a bit heavy for toddlers?

Enter being Hiromu's dad would make absolutely no sense lol. I think it would be more interesting if J was his dad somehow trapped in a machine. I'm also a supporter of the Jin thing being a red herring and J being Yoko's real dad for whatever reason.

Yoko will end up with cyborg parts, swigging Enetron straight from the can ...

I don't do sense
"human drama" which, in the case of the shows you referred to, is usually stuff about: who is in love with who, who is secretly someone's father/mother/sibling, other petty personal things
I think you have personal problems over this issue.
And this is also NOT what I mean by human drama.
Although this part certainly might be included.
Ryuuranger's desire to become stronger to defeat someone he considers unjust can be human drama too, for example.

Also "KIDS KIDS STOP TRYING TO HAVE PLOT" should not be an excuse for not trying. You're really underestimating kids here.

I think you have personal problems over this issue.
And this is also NOT what I mean by human drama.
Although this part certainly might be included.
Ryuuranger's desire to become stronger to defeat someone he considers unjust can be human drama too, for example.

That's a bit less icky than "Masato knocked up Yoko's mother and was never in his daughter's life"

Also "KIDS KIDS STOP TRYING TO HAVE PLOT" should not be an excuse for not trying. You're really underestimate kids here.

There's plot and then there's OTT. For this show, plot hopefully to include something juicy involving Enter, Escape and Messiah. No matter how much executive meddling has gone on, the show must still find a way to show what led to the scenario we saw at the beginning of the first episode. Shinkenger's villains had their problems (Akumaro plot, Doukoku being slow to kick into gear) but I will be very pleased if Kobayashi can give us something even of that level for the payoff

Status
Not open for further replies.