Banned
The studio (Sony) imposed a lot of changes in the script which destroyed the original script and removed all the creative freedom that Raimi had during the first two.

I'm watching it tomorrow, but without any hopes of finding it interesting. From all the spoilers I've read they basically destroyed every single character in this movie (except from Gwen). Peter in the movie is a hero since the beginning which is completely wrong comic book-wise since in this movie he needs the Spidey powers.

I really hope you aren't one of those people that doesn't put any blame on Raimi for the **** that was SM3. He is a professional. He could have either done his job and made a good movie with what he had to work with, or he could have quit. Blaming it all on the studio is just wrong.

Why are you even bothering to go? You have already stated you have no hope it will be good. Just don't go. You have already made up your mind. I also love how you base that nonsense on "spoilers I read". Way to judge things for yourself before you even see them.:redface2::sly:

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
He's not really a straight up hero from the beginning. When he becomes Spiderman, it's all about revenge/ justice & it later dissolves into him just fucking around the city like a maniac. He doesn't actually make the decision to be a hero until roughly halfway through the movie at the bridge scene.

I really hope you aren't one of those people that doesn't put any blame on Raimi for the **** that was SM3. He is a professional. He could have either done his job and made a good movie with what he had to work with, or he could have quit. Blaming it all on the studio is just wrong.

Why are you even bothering to go? You have already stated you have no hope it will be good. Just don't go. You have already made up your mind. I also love how you base that nonsense on "spoilers I read". Way to judge things for yourself before you even see them.:redface2::sly:

I'm not, but I believe in what I've said. I was very pissed off when, one week after they announced Spider Man 4, Sony pulls it out and reboot the whole damn thing. And we KNOW that Sony imposes a lot of stuff when it comes to big franchises, look at MIB 3 for example.

I am bothering to go because I'm a Spider Man fan, and even though I hate the idea of a reboot I am still hoping to see something that will change my mind about it. Deep within I still have hopes to be amused by it even though I think is way too soon to retell Spidey's origin story.

In conclusion, I think I can judge it even without watching it. That is why people get paid to write critics, so we, consumers, can read it and have a glance in how the movie is. I have read at least a dozen critics from different sites and they are all unanimous that the movie is far from "Amazing".

Of course, I have to see for myself to have my own opinion about it. But I've finished the game, which is set exactly right after the movie so they expect you to have seen it throwing a lot of spoilers at your face without warning. And from what I've seen, heard and played, I'm STILL not convinced. Sorry if my opinion bothers you, though.

Banned
In conclusion, I think I can judge it even without watching it. That is why people get paid to write critics, so we, consumers, can read it and have a glance in how the movie is. I have read at least a dozen critics from different sites and they are all unanimous that the movie is far from "Amazing".

Of course, I have to see for myself to have my own opinion about it. But I've finished the game, which is set exactly right after the movie so they expect you to have seen it throwing a lot of spoilers at your face without warning. And from what I've seen, heard and played, I'm STILL not convinced. Sorry if my opinion bothers you, though.

No you really can't. If it's just not your thing that's one issues, but the comments you made go so far as to give opinion on story that you have NOT even seen yet.

People that listen to critics and not use their own minds... They are simply sheep imo. If you need some one that gets paid to tell you if you should or shouldn't see a movie... Just give up. And oh boy. You read critics not liking all or parts of a movie. That sure is unique </sarcasm>

Oh my god... You are judging a movie based on the movie tie-in game... You should have just said that from the start, and I wouldn't have even bothered to reply to anything you said.

Hey hey.. The captain america and thor games suck balls.. I guess that means the movies suck just as much.. LOGIC.:redface2:

No you really can't. If it's just not your thing that's one issues, but the comments you made go so far as to give opinion on story that you have NOT even seen yet.

People that listen to critics and not use their own minds... They are simply sheep imo. If you need some one that gets paid to tell you if you should or shouldn't see a movie... Just give up. And oh boy. You read critics not liking all or parts of a movie. That sure is unique </sarcasm>

Oh my god... You are judging a movie based on the movie tie-in game... You should have just said that from the start, and I wouldn't have even bothered to reply to anything you said.

Hey hey.. The captain america and thor games suck balls.. I guess that means the movies suck just as much.. LOGIC.:redface2:

Can you be a little less offensive please?

First, yes I can criticize even without watching it. Critics and promoting material ARE THERE so we can see have a glance at the final product and base our opinions. I'm sure that the movie is not awful, but I don't think it is excelent either nor based on any comics. And it seems that the movie leave a lot of questions in the air, what is that? Decade? Anyways, I wanted a Spider Man 4 and instead I got a reboot I have the right to be skeptical (and a little pissed off) about the whole thing.

Second, Captain America and Thor games were prequels that didn't influence nothing in their respective movies, this game totally depends on the movie story-wise (since is almost like The Amazing Spider Man 1.5), It is cannon and important to the overall experience differently from the games you have mentioned. At any point I judged the movie by the game, but since the game depends on the story of the movie the exist, I can use the movie plot points from the game to base my early critic.

Chill out dude, I am glad you liked the movie and I will watch it and try to like it as well, I'm just not digging it yet.

Last edited:
Banned
Can you be a little less offensive please?

First, yes I can criticize even without watching it. Critics and promoting material ARE THERE so we can see have a glance at the final product and base our opinions. I'm sure that the movie is not awful, but I don't think it is excelent either nor based on any comics. And it seems that the movie leave a lot of questions in the air, what is that? Decade? Anyways, I wanted a Spider Man 4 and instead I got a reboot I have the right to be skeptical (and a little pissed off) about the whole thing.

Second, Captain America and Thor games were prequels that didn't influence nothing in their respective movies, this game totally depends on the movie story-wise (since is almost like The Amazing Spider Man 1.5), It is cannon and important to the overall experience differently from the games you have mentioned. At any point I judged the movie by the game, but since the game depends on the story of the movie the exist, I can use the movie plot points from the game to base my early critic.

Chill out dude, I am glad you liked the movie and I will watch it and try to like it as well, I'm just not digging it yet.

Final thing I will say to you about this. You have not seen it. You have no idea if it's good or not. You made up your mind before you even saw it. You are judging it based on critics and a game. IMO.. That is beyond asinine. That is all.

Read my smart post

I'm gonna drop my 2 cents. Some people have lives and don't have time to watch every single movie that comes out or looks interesting. So in that context, I don't see anything wrong with using reviews to decide what movies to see or not. I personally read multiple reviews so I can get a general idea of the reception towards the movie, i can skim through 5 reviews in about 10 minutes for example.

I think this Amazing Spider-Man looks stupid (I don't like changing the origin story), so i'm probably not going to see it in theaters, but I will eventually buy it on Blu-Ray

Last edited:
Banned
I'm gonna drop my 2 cents. Some people have lives and don't have time to watch every single movie that comes out or looks interesting. So in that context, I don't see anything wrong with using reviews to decide what movies to see or not. I personally read multiple reviews so I can get a general idea of the reception towards the movie, i can skim through 5 reviews in about 10 minutes for example.

I think this Amazing Spider-Man looks stupid (I don't like changing the origin story), so i'm probably not going to see it in theaters, but I will eventually buy it on Blu-Ray

People have minds of their own. Listening to your friends who have ideas what you like and such is one thing, but to listen to like Siskel and those guys and to not see a movie because they don't like it... That, IMO, is the very definition of not thinking for ones self. A reviewer says so and so movie sucks because it has no story, you would then not see that movie. But who knows, maybe that movie has a story YOU would like. You are not getting a general idea of the reception of the movie. You are getting what individual paid reviewers have to say. I mean do you avoid games because IGN or gametrailers say they are bad?

Which origin story? You mean the one were Parker gets bitten by a spider and becomes spider-man? Hey guess what.. THEY DO THAT IN THIS MOVIE :laugh::anime:

Yeah that makes perfect sense. Spend 15-30 bucks on a movie you have already prejudged based on critics, but you won't go spend the 5-14 to see if you like it for yourself.

boogie woogie feng shui
Still don't really get why so many people are complaining about the origin story being "changed." That really isn't the case at all aside from a few minor details that worked better the way they've been reimagined so that we're not seeing a carbon copy of the origin lifted from the comics that everyone is already gorged on.

There is some merit to reviews and critiques in that reading many of them gives you a sense of a "mean" expectation of the film's quality, but I gotta agree with KingRanger: quit yer bitchin' and pointless speculation and just see it. Then you'll know whether or not you were right.

Anti-Anti

Here I'll throw in something That game is stand alone, Amazing Spider-Man and it's Sequels will have nothing to do with the games, and it's really not that smart to judge a movie based off a video game. Example I love the Pokemon video games, and I'm not going to let the stupidity of the show cloud my judgement.

I don't get how people don't like the new Peter but like Christian Bales non detective Batman.