The Great Me
Oh. OK then. Sorry about that, guys.

And from what I've read on the TV-Nihon forums isn't too comforting: http://forums.tvnihon.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=11192

Plus, the ones from AnimeNewsNetwork isn't comforting either: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1082079&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I'm honestly scared for the future of the American Tokusatsu community. How are we gonna watch stuff like Kamen Rider or Super Sentai if this law goes into effect?

Not just America. The whole friggin' world is affected by this law.

Lurker
Not just America. The whole friggin' world is affected by this law.

Until the Lawmakers and Executives themselves around the world finally wakes up & starts adapting to the changing world, this isn't ever going to stop.

No matter what they do, there will always, always be ways around it.

boogie woogie feng shui
No matter what they do, there will always, always be ways around it.

What's ironic is that the people espousing this anti-establishment justification are the same folks who ***** and gripe when producers are no longer able to give them the entertainment they want after their companies have been ravaged by the effects of piracy.

Lurker
What's ironic is that the people espousing this anti-establishment justification are the same folks who ***** and gripe when producers are no longer able to give them the entertainment they want after their companies have been ravaged by the effects of piracy.

What do you want me to do? Just lie about it? It's the truth.

boogie woogie feng shui
No it isn't. The truth is that all these pro-piracy morons have no idea how capitalism works.

Lurker
No it isn't. The truth is that all these pro-piracy morons have no idea how capitalism works.

Seriously, if they want piracy to stop, then here's what I think they should do:

#1: Lower the prices of the damn DVD's & Blu-Ray's & stop overcharging them! Stop overcharging for each movie ticket! The same goes for America as well when it comes to Blu-Ray movies & animes as well as seeing movies in theaters.

#2: Offer the content to everyone by charging a low fee for each episode of something to download, like 99 cents for each episode, etc. like on itunes.

There are ways to stop piracy like the ideas I mentioned above.

boogie woogie feng shui
While I don't disagree with lowering movie ticket prices, you have to remember that when you buy a DVD or BluRay of something, it is yours for life. You're paying not for the privilege of watching it once, but as many times as you care to, not to mention screening it to others who have payed nothing. That product is now yours, which in today's cultural climate of instant gratification and gimme-gimme frugality is something that people tend to forget.

Don't lose sight of the fact that the show it takes you twenty minutes to watch took a multi-man team of professionals months and millions of dollars to put together, and, like any other commodity, that money has to be recouped somehow. That's where we, the consumers, come in and do our part. They're kind enough to keep producing the things we like, we contribute our own money to show our approval and ensure that entertainment keeps getting made. That's just how it works.

The second you start giving things away or making them as cheap as the pandering public demands, you start losing money, your ability to manufacture a quality product diminishes and eventually the plug gets pulled.

#2: Offer the content to everyone by charging a low fee for each episode of something to download, like 99 cents for each episode, etc. like on itunes.

This is already a pretty pervasive practice, whether offered in the form of digital downloads like with Amazon and their Unbox application (or iTunes, like you mentioned) or with subscription services such as Netflix.

No Fear, No Pain.
The quickest way to fix the issue of piracy should be obvious: Invade Canada.

In the northern most regions of the Canadian wilderness lie hordes of lost and ancient gold for the wolrd to claim with which a space station could be built where men, woman, and animals are born to live and die producing free media for the world. The world powers would unify their forces to conquer the north which would soon fall, but free media would at last be realized.

Though if the ancient shaman of the Ozarks speaks the truth, then when the forces did break the northern borders, the ancient king of the hollow mountain would awaken from his millinia long slumber. The hollow mountain would explode and he would fly forth into the sky above and command his enemies with a booming voice to leave his kingdom! When the forces of the world would refuse, the king would let out a mighty shout and summon the celestial mounties from the realm beyond the sky! They would descend toward their enemies, riding upon all manner of magestic creatures not of this world to strike fear in those greedfull invaders. With a second shout toward the earth, Ten Thousand lumberjacks would break free from their bonds! No more could chains bind them nor weapons harm them, and with Axes in hand they would tear down the invaders alongside their celestial commrades all while the king laughs in the sky above. When finally the nations of the world in their fear would turn their fire lances of great destruction toward the northern lands, the king would only laugh and destroy the foul things with rays of fire from his blazing eyes! Only then, furious at the state of the world, would the king summon the Windigo from their world between the worlds to savage the other lands. He would free Ogopogo from her land locked prison and allow her to return to the sea where she would muster her sea beast forces to reclaim her ancient kingdom; the oceans of the world! With the nations of the world conquered, the king would return to his slumber and leave the five, truest Canadians to rule the world, thus ushering in the last, great age of peace, prosperity, and free media.

This would also be the age that would see the reincarnations of Shakespeare, Da Vinci, Ishinomori, and The Duke. Unfortunately it would also be the age of rural city states, and gladitorial hockey matches. ...Or so the shaman of the Ozarks tells me...

#1: Lower the prices of the damn DVD's & Blu-Ray's & stop overcharging them! Stop overcharging for each movie ticket! The same goes for America as well when it comes to Blu-Ray movies & animes as well as seeing movies in theaters.

in context to anime, if you think dvd and bluray prices are bad, just see how highly priced they were in the vhs days. and sadly, this was going down when i couldnt legally work because dvd technology wasn't mainstream until i was 17. quite honestly, i think anime today is way cheaper today than they were in the vhs days. but yes, movie tickets are fucking overcharged these days as well as the concessions.

in context to anime, if you think dvd and bluray prices are bad, just see how highly priced they were in the vhs days. and sadly, this was going down when i couldnt legally work because dvd technology wasn't mainstream until i was 17. quite honestly, i think anime today is way cheaper today than they were in the vhs days. but yes, movie tickets are fucking overcharged these days as well as the concessions.

I completely agree on the Movies thing. Thankfully, if you can get to a Matinee Showing, it's a bit cheaper. Though, I've still seen 3D movie prices at $9.50/Though that's because I live in Grants Pass Oregon where we don't pay tax.

Another thing about the concessions: They raised the price on drinks to the 5 dollar levels/At least in my area. 5 bucks for a small drink, 5.25 for a Medium, and 5.50 for a large? Are you kidding me? I sincerely hope that during that Dark Knight Trilogy thing that's gonna happen later this month at my theater, they'll let us refill our stuff through the movies/because 1 drink and 1 popcorn with a refill might get me through 1 and a half of the movies.