Is not impressed right now...
I don't even remember Eek the Cat. Any time somebody brings it up, I always think of Felix the Cat.

I don't even remember Eek the Cat. Any time somebody brings it up, I always think of Felix the Cat.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-e5R9bJZwk"]eek the cat intro - YouTube[/ame]

...which then spun off this...the original "expendables"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wfuz7FfM-I"]The Terrible ThunderLizards Opening Theme - YouTube[/ame]

...and then we had "Klutter" and people got pissed.:laugh:

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
I hope that this purchase will be successful enough to bring kids TV back on broadcast networks.

To me,broadcast kids TV died when that pointless E/I mandate began.I have no problem with some educational children`s programming(I`ll get to why I say some in a minute),but if you want your kids watching that..we have three networks that will supply that need(PBS,Playhouse Disney,Nick.Jr and their spinoffs).But honestly,do any kids even watch any E/I show that isn`t on those networks?If they did,why would your local station feel the need to plop these shows at say 5:30 in the morning?How many kids are even up at that time?

Here`s why I said some,but not all,educational kiddie shows....a lot of the children`s shows that are supposed to pass as "quality educational" television are anything but.Aside from the longtime shows such as Sesame Street and some of the newer programming,I find a lot of these shows to be pointless and inane.Can anyone please tell me the educational value of Yo!Gabba Gabba or the Doodlebops?All I know is that those shows are creepy.

I guess I feel this way because I grew up in the 80`s and 90`s(although I was 13 when MMPR started).

So,congrats on your purchase,Saban....maybe you can restore syndicated/network children`s television to its glory years and kick all those miscellaneous courtroom shows,talk shows,and sitcoms back to the mid-mornings and early afternoons.

You certainly have the track record to do it:)

i know i should have read the first post but

fyzb6q.gif

Lurker
Update from someone that's been following the 4kids case:

4Kids sale update on Epiq: Saban will get The CW block, Sonic X, Cubix, and rights to air Dragon Ball Z Kai. Konami will get Yu-Gi-Oh. Viva Piñata, Pajanimals Agreement, and Thundercats participation are no longer part of the 4Kids sale deal.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
I don't think Saban's CW block will even be remotely as good as Fox Kids. I wouldn't set my expectations that high. Times have changed.

So, wait... Does Saban have ownership over Sonic X or just the rights to air it?
If they have ownership rights, they should give it back to Sega, or work with Sega to release an uncut dub. Sega wanted to work with 4Kids when they acquired the rights, but 4Kids completely turned down their help.

I know not many people will say it wasn't as bad as other dubs they've done, but as a Sonic fan, 4Kids' dub of Sonic X was atrocious. Just like almost every anime 4Kids touched. Sonic X might not deserve to be rescued like One Piece did, but I still hold that hope for any anime 4Kids touched, except for shows like Pokemon. I'll reserve my opinion on how Saban dubs anime for now since they just got back in the game, but if they are going to start dubbing anime again, I hope they take hints from companies like Funimation and such.

Lurker
So, wait... Does Saban have ownership over Sonic X or just the rights to air it?
If they have ownership rights, they should give it back to Sega, or work with Sega to release an uncut dub. Sega wanted to work with 4Kids when they acquired the rights, but 4Kids completely turned down their help.

they own the copyright and branding rights to Soinc x pretty much. as to whether they will release an uncut dub is unknown.