Minato Ascending
Other than the batman and certain superman movies, has there been a GOOD DC movie?

There's also Watchmen, I think. And Supergirl.

I won't really call either Watchmen nor Supergirl good DC movies. Watchmen...maybe, but if you are a fan of the GN you'll be sorely disappointed on several areas. Personally, I don't think there's any superhero movie I would call good aside from Superman and Batman.

As for a Justice League movie, even though WB has hired someone to write the script, I think the enormous success of The Avengers is the real reason why they're pushing this project ahead. If TA had bombed or failed to meet its expectations, you can bet that WB would've quietly shelf the JL movie, because they are so risk-aversive and if they don't think the audience wants a superhero team-up movie, they won't have bothered. It's the same reason why they keep making Superman and Batman movies, and avoided WW and other DC superheroes. And when they do make other movies, we get Green Lantern, Catwoman, and Steel.

boogie woogie feng shui
I actually think that would be a much more inventive and effective approach than trying to directly compete with the style and format of The Avengers, but it's Hollywood we're talking about, so if a Justice League movie ever does come to fruition you know it's going to be just that--an easy way to cash in on marketable trends.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I won't really call either Watchmen nor Supergirl good DC movies. Watchmen...maybe, but if you are a fan of the GN you'll be sorely disappointed on several areas. Personally, I don't think there's any superhero movie I would call good aside from Superman and Batman.

As for a Justice League movie, even though WB has hired someone to write the script, I think the enormous success of The Avengers is the real reason why they're pushing this project ahead. If TA had bombed or failed to meet its expectations, you can bet that WB would've quietly shelf the JL movie, because they are so risk-aversive and if they don't think the audience wants a superhero team-up movie, they won't have bothered. It's the same reason why they keep making Superman and Batman movies, and avoided WW and other DC superheroes. And when they do make other movies, we get Green Lantern, Catwoman, and Steel.

That's a good point.

Digital Artist
Someone got bored and made a fan trailer to the Justice League movie. Most of the clips are from Smallville too. I did liked this trailer and thought the selection of scenes from the Nolan Batman movies were cool as well.