Want More American Toku on DVD? Tell Shout! Factory

Twitter - @MisturYellow
OK, I love that we're getting Power Rangers on DVD, plus Saban didn't forget about Beetleborgs, VR Troopers and The Next Mutation. Hearing those things and the recent interview with Brian got me to thinking about several other similar shows that would likely share a similar fanbase with Power Rangers:

Masked Rider and Mystic Knights are both owned by Saban (Masked Rider yes, Mystic Knights maybe), and the reason they're not released COULD be because they think there's no interest.

Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad and Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills are both owned by Cookie Jar/DiC, which Shout! appears to have a good relationship.

And Dragon Knight, while it's rights are reverted back to Toei, possibly Saban could help Shout! get in contact with them and get something hammered out? The episodes have disappeared and Japan got a complete release, so why not us?

I'd personally buy all of them. How about it? These are cult, geeky, and nostalgic. Is this something you guys would want and buy? I really think it would be right in line with what they're releasing.

I've made a thread on Shout's website to let them know I'd like to see them, post there if you want it as well: http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/34735/thread.aspx#34075

Last edited:
boogie woogie feng shui
What do we do if we want to see all that stuff buried and get more original Toku on American DVD?

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
I definitely agree!

I also want Shout! Factory to release Sentai DVDs the same way they released Transformers: Headmasters, Super God Masterforce and Victory. And if they need it to sell, they should start with Zyuranger.

Power Rangers: The Japanese Collection - Zyuranger

Power Rangers: The Japanese Collection - Zyuranger

^ SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

What Simon said.

Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad and Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills are both owned by Cookie Jar/DiC, which Shout! appears to have a good relationship.

I might get TTAF just because it's as close to being an American Toku as we'll get without relying on footage from Japan. Never said it was good, but it is a novelty that speaks to my toku fandom.

And don't even get me started on Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad.
What weirds me out the most is that Tsuburaya just let this one pass. They don't want their Ultraman series to be treated like Power Rangers, and they were outright appalled when 4Kids made their "dub" of Tiga. So much so that they had to have Funimation release an uncut version of Tiga and just pretend the dub never happened. So why was their no defense for Gridman?

I'd sooner buy a boxset of uncut Gridman than Syber-Squad.

I'd be happy to have KRDK on DVD. It would be nice to be able to watch its lats two episodes on TV without importing DVDs from another country. I actually wouldn't mind having a Masked Rider and Mystic Knights set either.

Link appears to be dead for the Shout Factory forum but yeah, I'd be down for Mystic Knights, Syber Squad and Dragon Knight.

Best way to tell them is to buy the DVDs. And buy your friends the DVDs. If they sell really well, I'm sure someone will look into releasing other series.