The new Tendou Souji
I think if they pulled a Gundam 00 Season 2, or a Code Geass R2, and had one half of the series focus on the 86 story, and THEN moved onto the 08 crew it would've been a lot better. Because then, it wouldn't feel as convoluted as it did

As much as I hate s2 of 00 and Geass R2, I can agree that if the 2nd half had been laid out like that, it could've been more enjoyable.

I mean, my god man was Otoya acting like an idiot.

Agreed. I do start to wonder whether the scene of
Otoya using Kivat-bat the 2nd
would've been any more effective if he had done it for Yuri not Maya.

Also, this needs to be linked.

the music is good

It was good. D:
(Well, except for "Break the Chain"; I'm not a big fan of that one).

When saw Megamax...my first impression was "ZOMG...THEY'RE DOING A TO Z AGAIN!!!" during the Memory/Medal/Switch free for all.

As for Gokai/Gavan, I loved it especially when Kenji Oba did his sentai roles. I agree with Van, Hiroshi Miyauchi should do this type of thing in the future.

Den-O says, hi. :loltongue:

Dude, for some reason, you're just tempting a lot of on this board to plot your kidnapping and then forcing you to watch Den-O (and its movies)

...CLOCKWORK ORANGE STYLE.:laugh:

PS: ...AND THE IMAJIN ANIME WILL BE ICING ON THE CAKE.:169:

...oh and Keith...make sure you visit your friends.

^___^

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
You're obviously sick, maybe you should take a lie down.

Actually, I'm gonna have to agree on this one. Kiva was so bland for a majority of the time that it felt like a drag to watch. At least Den-O (referring to the series, not the subsequent movies), had lots of personality to it with a main character who actually grew throughout the series. And I actually liked all of the Imajin during the series.

I'm still listening to the episode, but I just wanted to chime in on one bit about some of the choreography. Keith, I think you may be falling into a trap that I was afraid that I was gonna fall into and still tend to at times regarding Koichi Sakamoto. Now, I love Koichi Sakamoto's work in Japan recently. His action choreography and attention to plot details and character nuances are, in my mind, seldomly matched these days. And it even helps to appreciate some of his PR work. But, that doesn't mean that anything not done by him as far as fights go is not well done. And for this movie, I actually thought the fights were done very well. I agree that the first fight wasn't the best but it showed off Gavan superbly. And, though I haven't gotten to this part of the podcast yet, the fight between GokaiRed and Gavan Bootleg is probably one of the 2 highlights of the movie for me. the stunt work and choreography was awesome.

So yeh, Koichi is awesome, but there are still some directors and choreographers trying to push the envelope out there. :thumbs:

I'm A Djinn
It's perfectly fine to play favorites but Koichi Sakamoto isnt the only competent action director in toku. Too much of the same thing can actually make it look worse off in my own opinion. I love the guy to death but I think that the fight coordination in this movie is good on its own.

I did dig the shoot down the floors exactly on the same spot, just for the sheer improbability and ridiculousness of it.

And I did raise an eyebrow at the beginning when the Gokai Galleon used buildings as cover. I just let it go.

I really like the differences of opinions in this episode. It's fun and all when everyone is nerdgasming over something (GARO) but it gives a lot of fresh views when ppl have different things to say about something.

I personally liked this movie over 199 Heroes but that's me. This one had a lot more re-watch value for me.

Looking forward to MEGAMAX episode. I would agree that A-Z is the more self-contained movie that you can show to outsiders, but speaking as someone who is familiar with the franchise, MEGAMAX is the crossover movie Kamen Rider has been in desperate need of for years. To me, A-Z is like the 1st Iron Man movie while MEGAMAX is the Avengers.

And I would encourage Keith to really give Akibarangers a try if only to hear what he thinks of the show.

Kiva was alright. We all know it had the greatest writer of all of tokusatsu and the movie that surpasses both the Double Forever movie and MEGAMAX. Also, the crossover that beats Let's Go Kamen Rider in every aspect.

When saw Megamax...my first impression was "ZOMG...THEY'RE DOING A TO Z AGAIN!!!" during the Memory/Medal/Switch free for all.

As for Gokai/Gavan, I loved it especially when Kenji Oba did his sentai roles. I agree with Van, Hiroshi Miyauchi should do this type of thing in the future.

Dude, for some reason, you're just tempting a lot of on this board to plot your kidnapping and then forcing you to watch Den-O (and its movies)

...CLOCKWORK ORANGE STYLE.:laugh:

PS: ...AND THE IMAJIN ANIME WILL BE ICING ON THE CAKE.:169:

...oh and Keith...make sure you visit your friends.

^___^

Van...WASN'T IN THIS EPISODE!!!

And yes... I now always visit my friends. They are priority one over ALL OTHER attacks or hostage situations. Fuckers... :p

Actually, I'm gonna have to agree on this one. Kiva was so bland for a majority of the time that it felt like a drag to watch. At least Den-O (referring to the series, not the subsequent movies), had lots of personality to it with a main character who actually grew throughout the series. And I actually liked all of the Imajin during the series.

I'm still listening to the episode, but I just wanted to chime in on one bit about some of the choreography. Keith, I think you may be falling into a trap that I was afraid that I was gonna fall into and still tend to at times regarding Koichi Sakamoto. Now, I love Koichi Sakamoto's work in Japan recently. His action choreography and attention to plot details and character nuances are, in my mind, seldomly matched these days. And it even helps to appreciate some of his PR work. But, that doesn't mean that anything not done by him as far as fights go is not well done. And for this movie, I actually thought the fights were done very well. I agree that the first fight wasn't the best but it showed off Gavan superbly. And, though I haven't gotten to this part of the podcast yet, the fight between GokaiRed and Gavan Bootleg is probably one of the 2 highlights of the movie for me. the stunt work and choreography was awesome.

So yeh, Koichi is awesome, but there are still some directors and choreographers trying to push the envelope out there. :thumbs:

I know... Koichi has spoiled us quite a bit though. And the first fight between Gavan and the Gokaigers... I reeeeeeaaally feel that could have been done much better.

It's perfectly fine to play favorites but Koichi Sakamoto isnt the only competent action director in toku. Too much of the same thing can actually make it look worse off in my own opinion. I love the guy to death but I think that the fight coordination in this movie is good on its own.

I did dig the shoot down the floors exactly on the same spot, just for the sheer improbability and ridiculousness of it.

And I did raise an eyebrow at the beginning when the Gokai Galleon used buildings as cover. I just let it go.

I really like the differences of opinions in this episode. It's fun and all when everyone is nerdgasming over something (GARO) but it gives a lot of fresh views when ppl have different things to say about something.

I personally liked this movie over 199 Heroes but that's me. This one had a lot more re-watch value for me.

Looking forward to MEGAMAX episode. I would agree that A-Z is the more self-contained movie that you can show to outsiders, but speaking as someone who is familiar with the franchise, MEGAMAX is the crossover movie Kamen Rider has been in desperate need of for years. To me, A-Z is like the 1st Iron Man movie while MEGAMAX is the Avengers.

And I would encourage Keith to really give Akibarangers a try if only to hear what he thinks of the show.

Actually the MegaMax episode has already been recorded and is in post production. ;)

And yeah.. 199 and the Super Star Ultimate All Riders Let's Go movie.. both those were Sakamoto free and I feel had much better and epic battles fitting of the warriors involved. I presonally dug those much more.

And I'm digging Akibarangers now. Just as I'm starting to like it though, it's coming to an end. :(