Power Rangers MegaForce 2013 - (Info in the First Post)

Twitter - @MisturYellow
Lmkci.jpg

The Big 2-0

Next year will mark the landmark 20th Anniversary of the Power Rangers brand, an occasion for which Saban Brands is already deep in preparation. Plans for the anniversary include a new series, “Power Rangers MEGAFORCE.”

Saban Brands plans to embrace the series’ cross-generational appeal during the anniversary by celebrating its past as well as its present and future.

Older fans will be able to participate in special events and online activities, while new products and the new show will attract younger fans.

“We’re in an exciting place as a brand. We look at the 20th anniversary not just as a celebration of the past, but as our entry into a third decade,” Dekel says.

With new series launching every two years that reinvent the brand and change its theme, Power Rangers looks to remain a force in children’s entertainment. “Just like our audience, we’re constantly reinventing ourselves,” Dekel adds. “We can honestly say that after 20 years, this isn’t a fluke – kids really do identify with and engage with this show.”

http://www.retail-merchandiser.com/index.php/reports/licensing-reports/706-saban

http://blog.samuraicast.com/rangercrew-interview-with-saban-brands-about-power-rangers-megaforce/

Last edited:
Banned
I could see them maybe doing the "first season" with Goseiger footage due to a number of Parallels it has with MMPR (The rangers are all the color's and gender, A giant head for a mentor, a Robot buddy) for say, 30 episdoe's, take a seasonal brake for 4-6 months, and "Season 2" is Gokaiger derived for all the fan pleasing goodness.

Mad Skillz
The two year thing is a little disappointing, if only because the amount of episodes we get don't stretch too well over two years. Other than that, it definitely sounds like they're going to be going with Gokaiger. Even though I didn't like Gokaiger, seeing the formula pulled off with a Power Rangers series is going to be pretty interesting.

The new series every two years thing makes me wonder whether or not they'll adapt the next Sentai in line or keep pick and choosing from now on.

Last edited:
Just an Internet User Passing Thru
The two year thing is a little disappointing, if only because the amount of episodes we get don't stretch too well over two years. Other than that, it definitely sounds like they're going to be going with Gokaiger. Even though I didn't like Gokaiger, seeing the formula pulled off with a Power Rangers series is going to be pretty interesting.

The new series every two years thing makes me wonder whether or not they'll adapt the next Sentai in line or keep pick and choosing from now on.

You're gonna have to blame Nickelodeon on this one..........this is their protocol with nearly most of their shows.

With action shows on Nick being the ones that get negatively affected THE MOST, since this is the same type of treatment they did with the first Avatar series. Even other action shows on Nick like THE TROOP always get affected by this.

This is the negatives of Saban teaming up with Nickelodeon.......whereas Saban's previous relationship with Fox allowed Saban to get free rein of how they would present their Power Rangers seasons.

さあ, お前の罪を数えろ!
Well it's not like they can return to Fox Kids, I'm sure that they picked Nick since it is the most watch kids channel (right?), that way they'd get more exposure, but I really hope the whole 2 year thing is just temporary

I can sum that link up in two words. "WE'RE 20!!" Seriosuly Goseiger or Gokaiger! WHICH ONE SABAN?!

Well it's not like they can return to Fox Kids, I'm sure that they picked Nick since it is the most watch kids channel (right?), that way they'd get more exposure, but I really hope the whole 2 year thing is just temporary

Avatar has always had their individual seasons split in half per year since 2006.........and it'll be the same for Legend of Korra when that show reaches its "mid-season mark."

While Power Rangers is on Nick, I doubt that is gonna change UNLESS Saban decides to condense the Power Rangers shows back to 1 season per show. Since Saban wants 2 SEASONS to tell the story of each Ranger show, it's gonna be 2 years b/c Nick would rather split an entire year in half to show 1 SEASON.

I don't care if it's 2 years so long as they don't make the second one SUPER Mega Force. I mean really...

I don't care if it's 2 years so long as they don't make the second one SUPER Mega Force. I mean really...

So true..........wait, do the Gokaigers even have a "Super form?"

Then again, the Goseigers do have a "Super form"..........so if we go the Goseiger route, that gives Saban the incentive to be lazy again in "adding SUPER to the second season title"

The new Tendou Souji
They never had a "super form" by the popular usage of the term; the closest thing was when they used most of the other "super forms" in the final battle.