When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/05/tv-networks-say-youre-breaking-law-when-you-skip-commercials

So, recently, the big players in the media game such as ABC, FOX, CBS, etc. have begun to sue companies like Dish for their new DVR system that skips commercials

The media outlets have tried to claim that such technology is illegal because they essentially make their living off the things, which I can understand, but not while you're running hundreds of them

I mean seriously, Fox has made it's shows shorten their intros just so that they can show more commercials

I just hope they don't find out about Adblock Plus.....

now Nerd Emperor
Meh. Most (b/c a very small few are actually entertaining) commercials are a waste of my time. My time is precious.

Not sure if it's just me, but I find most of the entertaining ones are from Canada.

It's so easy when you're evil
Make advertisements that aren't condescending and brainless but actually clever and entertaining in delivering their message, first.

Then I might consider watching them.

Welcome
Meh. Most (b/c a very small few are actually entertaining) commercials are a waste of my time. My time is precious.

Not sure if it's just me, but I find most of the entertaining ones are from Canada.

Time is money.

The Emperor needs money for more figures.

Lurker
LOL, not sure what they're thinking by having no commercials as a crime. No one on this planet wants to watch them, or wants to watch previews of movies on DVD/Blu-Ray. I know I don't.

They want to get straight to the action of what they're watching. :laugh:

Banned
And this is why Microsoft is making a DVR that would charge you 3 cents per commercial skipped.

Is not impressed right now...
Not as much of a crime as yo mama being so ugly amirite?

Seriously, while this is stupid, this whole thread kind of reeks of entitlement issues.

Lurker
Not as much of a crime as yo mama being so ugly amirite?

Seriously, while this is stupid, this whole thread kind of reeks of entitlement issues.

What "entitlement issues," exactly? We all pay for our cable, & our internet services. We should have the right to do whatever we want.

Last edited: