Silly Rookie
No it definitely was.

Over-TimeUnofficialSentaiAkibaranger-04FDA3DD39mkv_snapshot_0813_20120508_210727.png

You sure? I know it's been 10 years since 555, but...

20120402_2208298.jpg

Yeah, I know he's got the creepy smile and the overbite, but I don't see it.

Wow. Akibaranger is great. I hope the show maintains the laugh per minute ratio, because I'm really really loving it. So much that vol 1 is pre-ordered. :thumbs:

Silly Rookie
Yep, thanks.

EDIT: I gotta admit that Akiba Yellow's alien cosplay was actually cute for once. It's so much better than the other stuff she's dressed up as, which have ranged from just ugly to flat out creepy. And no, I'm ignoring the episode where she tries a bunch of Super Sentai villain costumes.

Last edited:
That was some nice fluke timing by Komura on making Nobuo have a delusion about cheating on Sayaka with Yumeria. That must be the ridiculous power of the Hurricangers! :laugh:

The end of episode 5 was surprisingly touching. I also liked Yumeria's alien cosplay, though her Mele one may be my favorite.

so... am I the only one to realize that the person that they got to play Yumeria's mom was freakin' Rika Matsumoto?! that was so cool! she's a freakin' amazing woman, and her coolness points went up 10 times 'cuz of that!

So it was Rika Matsumoto... funny... that why she sounded familiar...

... wait... WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS ASH KETCHUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!?????????????!

正義の味方
Touching drama in my sentai parody series?!? I- I almost broke out in tears in public, damn it! :laugh:

So that's who she was! No wonder she sounded familiar.

DAIMON PAWNCH
So we now know that Gavan, B-fighter and all those other series don't exist in Akibaranger. Which I guess makes sense, explains why Nobuo isn't obsessing over their series as well. I'm sort of dissapointed but they'd never have had anything much to do with it anyway so I get why they did it. I'll admit I'm impressed by how far they've gone to build up the world though, giving them animé counterparts.

but we saw a Gavan figure in episode 1, before the Gavian...

and that isn't really anything new for fanbases... for all we know, to Akagi, the worst thing that may of ever happened to sentai were the crossovers (Shinken World, Vs. Gavan, Super Hero War)... on the internet he probably gets into flame wars with otakus from the other franchises on just which show is better

the only time they are in agreeance is when they pick on the guys that love: Ponies, Ninja Turtles, and Armor Hero...

Also, how dare Akibaranger make me have feelings

Last edited: