Tokumei Sentai Gobusters Part 2!! - Picture and News. It's Time For Masta!!

The Meteor has landed
Uh, you do know the one used in the promo pics is just a beta character. The character that will be debuted in the show might be different then from the promo image.

shinkenchange!starninger!
Uh, you do know the one used in the promo pics is just a beta character. The character that will be debuted in the show might be different then from the promo image.

gai gokaisilver
gai_ikari.jpg

gokaicellular:
ban13639.jpg

hair style is the same accept the front part is up but it's the same hairstyle,

it's really close, plus like someone from the previous post said they dont have VA for beet's buddyroid, so everything will be confirmed when both beet and stag buster scans come out from the june magazine, the commander skipping out is a smoke screen, i think he'll be there for emergency until he reveals his identity in episode 17 which is at the end of june. i think the commander will be training the beetbuster with his buddyroid plus creating his buster vehicles BC-04 Go-BusterBeet and SJ-05 Stag Beetle. it makes alot of sense.

Last edited:
Why is every good TV show Cancelled
If you want to be serious about that picture thing, it honestly looks more like Enter than anyone else currently in the show.

Lurker
If it was Enter, we would have one real fabulous Ranger on our hands :laugh:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
People are speculating at the TV Tropes entry that Enter is Stag ... :laugh:

I can see it for two reasons. The first is that the show has taken a more serious turn & the writer's are actually trying to make it good & reinevt the show.

No, the writers wanted something different from the style of the last few years and to see if they could hit on any ideas that would make money. But fanboys who think Sentai is only good when it's "serious" have latched onto the show.

I don't do sense
But fanboys who think Sentai is only good when it's "serious" have latched onto the show.
Is that so? Go-Busters is everything people've been asking for from Sentai for years and look, nobody likes it.

Is that so? Go-Busters is everything people've been asking for from Sentai for years and look, nobody likes it.

It's everything that English-speaking fans who wanted a "darker" show have been asking for. Most of those love it. That hasn't translated into high ratings in Japan so far, and according to other posters on here who read the Japanese boards, a lot of older Japanese fans don't like it much either. No word on toy sales yet, but since Toei has to keep the network happy as well as Bandai, I think it's a fair guess they won't return to this approach in the too near future. It's the second time in five years they have tried to do a "serious" Sentai, the first being Gekiranger (I'm using quotes because of course Geki and Go-Busters have silly/fun moments) that was popular with western fans but not so much in Japan

Toei's primary objective is to make money so I have a hard time thinking they care too much about good storytelling or quality of show. Sometimes a lot of care and effort put into a show has great results (W), other times it doesn't (Geki.) And a formulaic show can still rake in the cash (OOO, Shinkenger)

I don't do sense
The ratings right now don't really have to do with it being "darker" (it's darker? I didn't notice. Smarter would be the word I'd choose). It largely continues from Gokaiger's dwindle. Plus, we weren't talking about Japan, right? We were talking about how everyone who doesn't want Go-Onger every year is a "fanboy", apparently.

I'm saying that the two most recent Sentai that tried to be "smarter", as you call it, haven't gone down so well in Japan. (Of course Go-Busters could pick up in the future, it's still early.) Conversely, Fourze and OOO were pretty comic and had low ratings, so I'd expect a slightly more serious approach for Rider soon.

I have said many times that I am sick of the attitude that Sentai needs to be "serious" or "mature" and people making out that comedy is a bad thing and they are too good for a kids' show. I like Go-Busters, but it isn't "smarter" or better than Go-onger, or any other Sentai that was funny. You can rant all day about "kids deserving better" but if a show tries to be smart, and Japanese kids don't watch it, that's who Toei will listen to. That was my initial point: that Go-Busters is designed to make money, not to improve Sentai or produce a supposedly more intelligent show.

Tl;dr - Toei don't care. Enjoy the show and don't get hung up on the tone or how much comedy there is.

On a more relevant note, when is Stag supposed to appear? Is it confirmed he won't be here til June?

Last edited: