Henshin a Go-Go!!
Tsukasa had moments of giving a **** about other people. Tendou didn't care about anyone but himself and his "sister". He was also a crappy rider.

kingranger... don't take this as i declaration, as even i am not sure, but i think i hate you.. you're always there to be the naysayer to my ideas/opinions, yet you never provide any reasoning, constructive criticism or even remotely engage in an actual debate which could lead to some new, more interesting ideas/theories, what have you. that just makes you come off like a pessimistic asshole. why not be more constructive, or maybe even civil? that'd be pretty cool.:thumbs:

Silly Rookie
How is any of that not substantial? Am I the only one here who takes home anything from Grandma's quotes?

Philosophy isn't the double-talk you read in a fortune cookie. Philosophy is the various interpretations and justifications of various aspects of life itself, developed using logical thinking and constant modification when new facts arise.

Nihilism is the philosophy that life and morality are inherently meaningless artificial constructs, and that those who believe the opposite are only acting in their own self interest.

Transcendental Idealism is the philosophy that human experience is purely based on perception, but at the same time it means that our senses can't truly comprehend reality for what it is. It states more or less that we perceive the world through filters.

No one philosophy is irrefutably correct. Many directly clash with one another. And that is where discussion arises, and logical discussion can prove or disprove the validity of one idea or both in the process.

Heroes are forever
-Movie War Core is one of the best movies to get someone into Tokusatsu.

Philosophy isn't the double-talk you read in a fortune cookie. Philosophy is the various interpretations and justifications of various aspects of life itself, developed using logical thinking and constant modification when new facts arise.

Alright. I'm not sure what you're getting at though. Do not Tendou's and his grandmother's quotes reflect their interpretation on life? It's how they react to what life gives them. I just don't get what there is to hate about them.

Are you a philosophy major or have you taken philosophy courses?

Tsukasa had moments of giving a **** about other people. Tendou didn't care about anyone but himself and his "sister". He was also a crappy rider.
Huh, that's funny. I always considered Tsukasa to be a less successful copycat of Tendou (much like I view Eiji and Yusuke - yeah, still going there). For me, Tendou always worked because I thought the actor had enough personal charisma to still make the character likable. He was a total prick, yeah, but I found it more amusing than aggravating to watch him be a total prick. My favorite Tendou moment, for example, was when Kagami was in the hospital and the chick whose name I can never remember called up Tendou to go rescue a little boy stuck in a factory full of Worms and Tendou just said "No" and hung up. I don't know, I found that more funny than annoying (especially since he turned up later to clear out those Worms anyway).

As for the ending of the show, its to show that Asumu doesn't become an oni and chooses his own path with is completely different from what's he's been training to do and become, but it does not betray Hibiki's teachings to him. So I'm guessing that ending with the lack of battle (which has been done in other forms of media too, but usually for other reasons so I can see why you would find that annoying), we are shown that the battle goes on with more distributors and monsters that can arise.

But its nice to see how they did let him become an oni in the Hyper Battle Vid and in Decade ~ :anime:
I never wanted to see Asumu become an Oni. For me, Asumu's journey (before Inoue derailed it, at least) was more about him becoming a man and gaining more self confidence. He didn't need to become an Oni to do that and I always thought it would have worked against his story if that was where he ultimately ended up.

And honestly, for me the ending of Hibiki isn't the scene with Hibiki and Asumu talking during the sunset - it's the scene of everybody hanging out and laughing in the sweets shop at the end of episode 29.

OK guys can we have a truce on Kabuto for a page or three? It's turning into a race towards invoking Godwin's Law.
Then we got Blade.
Series and gadgets were great but the ending, sheesh.
"I will become another Joker so you don't have to destroy the world when every other Undead is destroyed."
Seriously, are there people that noble these days?
I guess it depends on your views about the people who work in the emergency services or armed forces. But as far as the show goes, we are talking about superheroes here. Nobody ever asks why Spiderman keeps saving people even though it often screws him over personally. We just accept that he is that giving/noble/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. The "with great power comes great responsibility" stuff only applies if you're the kind of person who's willing to put your life on the line for those beliefs.

I never understood the Blade movie though. It's just one big plot hole. You sealed Hajime in order to stop the world ending? He was still the winner of the Undead battle. There was no indication that being the last to be sealed is different than being the only one unsealed. But after going to great lengths to explain that it does stop it ending, they then introduce the albino joker. So...shouldn't the world have been ending all this time? Hajime's sealed. He's the last Undead. Anyone? Hello?
Then Hibiki never had a proper ending.
The ending in the movie, he turned to Armed Hibiki and then the ending came.
In the series, the fight was hanging halfway and got fast forwarded to the ending where Hibiki lectures Asumu for the last time. What the heck happened during the second portions of the battle?
I was really annoyed with the way Hibiki ended when I watched it, because it was SO obvious that it should have ended with Asumu becoming an Oni and full sidekick for Hibiki, and because they did wuss out of showing the big final battle that they had been building up for ages. But, as someone who prefers the pre-retool Hibiki episodes, I can now look back and see that the show is more about how Asumu's life was changed by meeting Hibiki. He's Asumu's father figure, his teacher, his friend. Even though Asumu didn't accept "the call", he's changed, grown and found his real calling, all thanks to Hibiki. Asumu always was more like a real (if somewhat idealised) kid than a superhero. It would have been way beyond character derailment to turn him into one. Maybe that's a bit twee for some people. I agree with Switchblade that the end of episode 29 did feel like a series ending. If they'd killed the show right then, it would have ended on a real high. Those episodes in the mid-twenties are some of my favourite episodes of KR ever.

Having said that, Hibiki's World is one I think Decade really did well with. The Oni combining their powers into an instrumental song to kill the monster is how I'd imagined the final battle in Hibiki would have gone, and Hibiki being killed and Asumu taking on the title would also have been a good bittersweet way to end the series.

Last edited:

Nihilism is the philosophy that life and morality are inherently meaningless artificial constructs, and that those who believe the opposite are only acting in their own self interest.

Transcendental Idealism is the philosophy that human experience is purely based on perception, but at the same time it means that our senses can't truly comprehend reality for what it is. It states more or less that we perceive the world through filters.

No one philosophy is irrefutably correct. Many directly clash with one another. And that is where discussion arises, and logical discussion can prove or disprove the validity of one idea or both in the process.

It's nice that you know what philosophy is, but one-liners don't necessarily mean fortune cookie stuff. They could also be hiding a deeper more philosophical meaning that is apparent. Jay Leno could make a segment "Fortune Cookie quote or real Philosophical saying" and confuse a lot of people.

Note that these are philosophical sayings said by actual philosophers:
1. You cannot step in the same river twice.
2. Find a job you like, and you don't have to work a day for the rest of your life.
3. In truth we know nothing, for truth lies in the Depth
4. One shallow does not make a summer.
5. If a lion could talk, we could not understand him.
6. And lastly something to extinguish the elitism: There is nothing so absurd but some philosopher has said it.

Silly Rookie
I never understood the Blade movie though. It's just one big plot hole. You sealed Hajime in order to stop the world ending? He was still the winner of the Undead battle. There was no indication that being the last to be sealed is different than being the only one unsealed. But after going to great lengths to explain that it does stop it ending, they then introduce the albino joker. So...shouldn't the world have been ending all this time? Hajime's sealed. He's the last Undead. Anyone? Hello?

I could accept it because the movie came out before any of those rules were established (or possibly even written up), so the audience wouldn't have caught it.

It would have been better if they didn't make it incompatible with the rules the show eventually established, but I can't fault it too much.

Personally, my big problem with Blade's ending was that Kenzaki's plan involved letting the Roaches rampage for longer than necessary, giving them more time to attack random people, just to save Hajime. The show tries to put forth that he's being "heroic" with his self sacrifice, but I think there was a huge oversight there. He was placing the happiness of an immortal "friend" above the lives of innocents.

The movie was written before Sho Aikawa took over Blade, so the rules regarding Joker were likely different. If you want to excuse it, maybe the albino Joker doesn't follow the same rules that the Black Joker follows.