Would like to change his avatar
I think the writers matter. Especially with something like Jetman, where main writer Inoue is trying hard to maintain a certain tone, but along comes one of the other writers with an awful, whiplash-causing episode like the one with Ako's teddy bear, or...

[hide]That stupid one where Raita goes back in time, meets a Kaori double and marries her because EVERY CHARACTER ON THE SHOW MUST LOVE KAORI![/hide]

Resident Precureologist
Well, Clearly everyone must love Kaori. Because the Commander is married to her job, and Ako's still in high school. That was kind of a given.

Episode 22:Explosive Love
tumblr_m2u8hfV83w1qdi07ho1_1280.jpg

You see that? That's how you build drama. That episode made me reconsider my issues with the love triangle. Every single issue I wanted brought out was handled in this episode.

MagiFanboy
For me, this just reinforced why I don't like love triangles; the episode is almost nothing but everyone being awful to each other for awful reasons and the only amusement I can get is that if the Vyram had waited five minutes, the Jetman problem would have solved itself.

Resident Precureologist
Episode 23 and 24: New Squadron Arrives and Arise, Super Robo
tumblr_m2vptsDZMo1qdi07ho1_1280.jpg

"I've got an idea. Let's introduce a new villain, hated by the other villains, who sticks around for a long time."
"Great idea. You get two episodes."
"But...but...story!"
"Two Episodes. Did I stutter?"

"I've got an idea! Let's have the heroes saved by alternate universe heroes who bring a new weapon in the nick of time."
"Great idea. But you know what we really need after all this love triangle stuff? A horny teenager who gets his whole team killed! Make it happen!"
"Let me guess. Two Episodes?"
"Yup. Two Episodes. Trust me, in the future all tokusatsu arcs will be two episodes long."

Would like to change his avatar
A great two-parter and, yeah, maybe one that should have stretched a couple of more episodes. What I like most about the Dimensians is...Rei is Blue Flash and Kanna is Pink Mask. :laugh: Makes me think of the episode of Maskman where Blue Flash's actor played a monster in love with Pink Mask, and here they are again playing lovers.

MagiFanboy
Yep, great idea, way too rushed execution. Though I do take amusement that the guy playing Dan will go on to be in Zyuranger as the Tiger Ranger...Dan.

Resident Precureologist
Jetman Episode 25: Laughing Shadow People.
tumblr_m2wsel2dui1qdi07ho1_1280.jpg

I'm absolutely certain Light Armadillo was a Megaman X boss. If he wasn't, he should have been.

Also, it's one of those episodes where the villains are starting to appreciate each other more. Something bigger is happening between Maria and Gray, but neither one has any context to explain it.

Resident Precureologist
Jetman 26 and 27: I'm a Prehistoric Man and Great Escape From Hell
tumblr_m2xqlpaqJo1qdi07ho1_1280.jpg

God, episode 26 sucked. 27 was a far sight better.

MagiFanboy
Episode 26 also left an unsavory flavor in my mouth, as it indulged itself in how shallow Raita's crush on Kaori is without even realizing it. But again, 27 features Ryu being super-badass, so that more than makes up the difference.