Viewing Globe - Serious Talk For Serious People Such As Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Mr G: Next time, don't do any acrobatics stuff while sweeping the floor... :laugh:

I've been doing some yard work this week. I still have to finish mulching my parts of the yard today. Then, I need to borrow a power washer to get the deck cleaned... We're looking to get the deck redone, but that costs a whole lot of money... So, we'll just use this product: http://www.synta.com/prod_restoredeck2.html
I'd like to have a deck and might look into building one at some point. As for yard work, I've been doing some mulching myself. I made a new flower bed around a large oak in the front yard and planted some ground cover and a few azelas around it. Have to keep the yard looking good!

New show started airing on Food Network called World's Weirdest Restaurants, were the host goes to all kinds of strange eateries.

He's already shown a few theme restaurants in Japan...I hope he covers the Kamen Rider Diner, or Gundam Cafe.
I'll have to check that out. I like those shows that highlight restaurants and different kinds of cuisine.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Today was the first day of NadeshiCon 2012! A small local con celebrating the japanese culture. It was quite fun, had some real cool panels and they had two VAs come in from France, they were really nice and fun! They dubbed Sakura and Tomoyo in Card Captor Sakura.

There was a panel with a guy who had a ton of anime vynil discs! And his pal had this really cool panel on the influence and legacy of 80s animation, really well done in-depth stuff. Another highlight was the panel by Pierre Nadeau, who is only the SECOND foreigner to learn the art of japanese sabre smithing! He's taking the final test to be a proper blacksmith next spring. Really cool history of the japanese blades.

The cosplay event was fun, though like more than a few things about the con felt very... duct taped together. My friend had a stand in the dealer room so I had a place to store my stuff for a while :p I got some cool buttons and some nice prints. Ate a pork bento and a salmon onigiri.

I had my Zeronos belt but nobody recognized it or anything :/ one person asked me about it though so that was nice. I think for tomorow I'll just put on my Zabee Zecter, I put too much elastic on my belt it slid all the time, I'll need to fix that somehow.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HeE6NWmDE"]Hot Problems (official single) - Double Take - YouTube[/ame]

Aronbafon
So. I now have 300GB anime on my external :laugh:

[HIDE]
unavngivetf.png
[/HIDE]

The **** did I just watch...

Hot girl like you have problems too... :laugh:

It's been talked about in the news and it could be that those girls are just having fun with themselves... I think there's some truth to that notion that some good looking people also get picked on and have the same problems as all regular folks.

(っ・ω・)っ
Hot girl like you have problems too... :laugh:

It's been talked about in the news and it could be that those girls are just having fun with themselves... I think there's some truth to that notion that some good looking people also get picked on and have the same problems as all regular folks.

But they "juvinilize" it to the point that there's no message anymore. : | Like the whole "I don't need to be smart because I have looks."
Well, honey.. looks fade after time.

(っ・ω・)っ
That's the deal, they are juviniles... :laugh:

There's been that British writer who talked about having problems because of her looks, that's she's pretty. And she's been called a narcissist and what not.

http://thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com/...tiful-british-writer-the-bile-proves-my-point

But they ARE egotistical about it. It would've made more sense if they showed a hot girl getting harassed by a bunch of guys just for walking along the street or getting shot dirty looks by other girls just because the other girls are jealous.

I mean chilling in the back of a limo doesn't give a very good lesson; if anything it is pretty narcissistic because it shows that all their money is going to maintain their looks, and if it's such a "problem" they should just tone it down because it's their own fault for attention-seeking.

I'm not condoning what they were "doing".... To me, it's just funny that sometimes people take these types of videos (look at the YT comments), too seriously. Though, it does not mean that people can't comment on that type of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.