D

Dr Kain

BEST SENTAI EVER!!!!

I'm not going to go into complete details, since I've done so so many times before, but the ranger cast is great (best yellow ranger ever, although he is under used), the villians are great, Jin is the most badass villian of Sentai of all time, the mecha and mythology is incredible, and the music rocks. Yes, the ending could have been better, but after you see it a few times, and after you see how disappointing most Sentai endings are, you begin to really appreciate this series' ending. My only complaint is how ugly the make-up is on the old versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dairangers are so badass, they did not give a crap when Kou went missing. They were playing baseball at the beggining of the next episode!

Loved it, Dairanger is my favorite sentai but one thing annoyed me. Kou was treated like crap. Dude barely was there, and he wasn't even present for the finale. Seeing as how he was one of my favorite rangers, i would've liked for him to have more screen time, like where was he when they were dealing with the rods?

Another thing that kinda bothered me - found it more funny than anything though - was that Kazu (?) was treated like he wasn't even part of the show. He didn't even get his own episode toward the end like everybody else did, they were just like "ok we're done, time for Kakuranger!" while kazu's like "but...my hair dressing episode...". Hell, i completely forgot he was a hair dresser until the finale, it's like he wasn't even meant to be there, they just needed a filler to make a 5-man team.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Loved it, Dairanger is my favorite sentai but one thing annoyed me. Kou was treated like crap. Dude barely was there, and he wasn't even present for the finale. Seeing as how he was one of my favorite rangers, i would've liked for him to have more screen time, like where was he when they were dealing with the rods?

I always thought the reason he wasn't in the finale was because his actor couldn't be made up to look elderly like the others :sweat:

Kou is yet another victim of "Sixth Ranger Syndrome" whereby the Sixth tends to be missing, depowered, or otherwise sidelined. I think it's a shame we never saw his descendent in the finale but then Kiba Ranger wasn't really supposed to be there, as is the way with Sixths. I always wondered if Rin's granddaughter was also his granddaughter, hence the pictures of him in her house ...

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Can't think why. No girl could remotely resist the charms of a guy constantly trying to grope her and flip her skirt up ... :sly:

I really love Dairanger. It's one of my favorites.

A lot of the "weaknesses" mentioned for the show I don't really think are that major at all. The plot twist at the end doesn't ruin what the whole show was going for. And I love how the show manages to maintain an air of mystery without giving an answer to every single thing. I myself loved the finale a lot. I'll agree that the plot twist is a bit strange, but I think it's far from anything offensive. Definitely not on the same level as Ryuki and Faiz's endings.

I don't think Kazu is as useless as many claim him to be. Yeah, he gets the least focus and definitely deserved more. But overall, I think he was a very enjoyable character and the actor did a superb job imo. And while his own story arc doesn't stand out as much as the others, at least the show didn't forget Kazu existed. That's what I love about Dairanger. Even when one character is the focus of one ep, it doesn't forget that there are other characters in the show. That's why Kazu still feels like a strong character to me.

I really love Kou. Yeah, he's a pervert during his first 3 eps, but I thought that was pretty funny. And yeah, he does get upset quite a bit during his first 5 eps, but I think it's pretty understandable. He loses his mother and just wishes he had the love of a parent. It's a much better reason compared to those brats from Black, Bioman, and Zyuranger who get upset when they don't get a toy that they want. :p I don't think "Sixth Ranger Syndrome" would describe Kou. Kou wasn't intended to be a full fledged character like the other five were. Was still a major character, but I don't think he was meant to get as much spotlight compared to how Sixth Rangers are executed in the last 5 years.

There's really too much to say about why I love Dairanger. I think a lot of people on this thread already said most of it. If there's one major weakness that Dairanger has imo, it's the Gorma monster designs. And this is due to how low budget they look. Rather disappointing compared to the designs of Changeman's Gozma and Maskman's Tube. But then again, it kinda gives it it's own unique charm. However one looks at it.

D

Dr Kain

He wasn't there because he didn't need to be there.

Another thing that kinda bothered me - found it more funny than anything though - was that Kazu (?) was treated like he wasn't even part of the show. He didn't even get his own episode toward the end like everybody else did, they were just like "ok we're done, time for Kakuranger!" while kazu's like "but...my hair dressing episode...". Hell, i completely forgot he was a hair dresser until the finale, it's like he wasn't even meant to be there, they just needed a filler to make a 5-man team.[/QUOTE]

While I will agree that Kazu got underused towards the end, he had some great moments. The episode with the drunken tofu monster, then the episode where the 4 Priests put the mask on his face. My only complaint is we didn't get to see enough Drunken Master Style stance in the show.

And hey, Toei made up for it by making him the lead in B-Fighter. Plus, he was one of the ninja twins in KakuRanger.

Kou is yet another victim of "Sixth Ranger Syndrome" whereby the Sixth tends to be missing, depowered, or otherwise sidelined.

Dude, "Sixth Ranger Syndrome" did not exist until GaoRanger. Kou was the second sixth ranger ever. He was only there when he needed to be, and he never powered down. Sixth Rangers in the 90s were there as backup, not to be there all of the time. It was not until they needed to increase toy sales that the Sixth Ranger would become a permenant member of the team and appear in every episode, and get his ass beat in every episode after his premier.