When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
However, it seems like after Gokaiger and the anniversary celebration, people aren't quite ready to accept a sentai series that dares to be different yet.

I liked Gobusters in the beginning because of what it was trying to accomplish and the amount of geniune promise it showed, but already it feels like it's starting to regress into one of the early 00 Sentai shows

But that's just me

Yeah, you're gonna have to elaborate there, because none of that makes any sense to me.

It borrows from Go-Onger because of the machines being able to talk and I'm sure I don't have to even remotely discuss about how much Go-Bust-Oh looks like Engine-Oh. It borrows from Ohranger due to the very military-esque fashion in how the orders are carried out, etc. It borrows from Tomica Hero (Resuce Fire especially) because of how Ukaen creates MOTW strickly from machines, it also has an overall very military fell much like Ohranger

Last edited:
Nice post!!
It's supposed to be about Super Sentai nerds, why toss in the ugly as hell generic animu crap on top of it?

Akihabara is most generally associated with anime, manga, and video games in Japan, so those aspects got worked into Akibaranger so they can truly be the heroes Akihabara deserves. Here, check out this tourist guide to Akihabara. Not a single mention of tokusatsu, but plenty of mentions of anime and figurines... the sort of thing Z-Cune parodies perfectly. I think Akibaranger, in addition to parodying Sentai, is also parodying "regional hero" shows.

Podcaster Arms!
sooooo i just downloaded the subbed version and watched it and i gotta say that was stark raving mad...

good fun and a good giggle, i like how they just went ahead and used there finishers right off the bat XD

soooo is that anime girl an actual show or something? i kinda wanna watch it...

I liked him when he wasn't a god
It's not a real anime, but in the world of Akibaranger, it is the anime that Akagi enjoys

Minato Ascending
How is it realistic, though? A team of leather-clad superheroes isn't realistic. Sentient robots are (currently) not realistic. Magical energy sources, and Francophone villains made of data are not realistic. I ... don't get it :sweat:

I will however agree it is somewhat more realistic than Akibaranger ...

I think the presentation of Go-busters is quite realistic, or at least they tried to make it realistic by attempting to show details and logistics that make their fantasy world more believable. Being in a functional cockpit, mindful about energy before the fusion of GoBusterOh, and having workers maintaining the mechs in the hangar all helped create the illusion that their world is real, like a futuristic sentai image of our world. I think it is like Star Wars vs Star Trek. Both are fantasy, but Star Trek is generally perceived as more believable than Star Wars because they used technobabbles and other things to try to legitimize their technology, even though they have teleportation and warp drives that are essentially magic to us. Go-busters is now doing the same thing.

Banned
It's not just sentai it seems...
The Magazine in the ED is also shilling Gavan and B-Fighter Kabuto
[HIDE] 1334099314856.jpg[/HIDE]