I liked him when he wasn't a god
Go-Busters IS an experimental show, I think that much is pretty evident, but it's also not as "unique" as some would like to think. It is however closer to the tone of certain older Sentai (particularly Kobayashi's own Timeranger and Gingaman) than most recent series.

I like both it and Akibaranger, but since I tend to prefer my Sentai fun and light-hearted, Akibaranger might win the day for me. We'll see.

Just saw the first ep, and I liked it. I don't see it's supposed to be for adults other than that villian woman and her attire, but I'll keep watching.

According to the rumour thread, the main reason it's designated an "adult" show (other than the fanservice) is that it mocks a lot of the conventions of the franchise, which breaks the fourth wall for the kids who watch regular Sentai

I don't do sense
Really, Go-Busters main cast is fairly bland
アンチをやめやめ
Just because they don't have overblown over-the-top one-dimensional traits that stand out right away doesn't mean they're bland.

Not everyone watches to see OMG DEEP AND "REALISTIC" characters. (Sentai by its nature is not realistic.) Caricatures and stereotypes can be fun. That's why I'm glad to have both shows running this year, so we get a little of each.

Silly Rookie
According to the rumour thread, the main reason it's designated an "adult" show (other than the fanservice) is that it mocks a lot of the conventions of the franchise, which breaks the fourth wall for the kids who watch regular Sentai

I really, REALLY don't understand any of the logic behind that.

Anyway, I'm very surprised that the most the first episode did was a few random panty shots and even those were tame. I was expecting some really unbearable and juvenile Panty and Stocking-type antics with an ounce of some downright depraved Welcome to NHK mess.

Minato Ascending
Go-Busters IS an experimental show, I think that much is pretty evident, but it's also not as "unique" as some would like to think. It is however closer to the tone of certain older Sentai (particularly Kobayashi's own Timeranger and Gingaman) than most recent series.

I like both it and Akibaranger, but since I tend to prefer my Sentai fun and light-hearted, Akibaranger might win the day for me. We'll see.

Although I like both Fourze and Akibaranger, both series have over-the-top antics and silly characters, not to mention cartoon noises for comedy scenes, so I think having a realistic series like Go-busters is terrific.

IMO Gai from Gokaiger already broke the 4th Wall for the kids by his immense knowledge of Super Sentai and being such a fanboy about it than he'd actively seek out autographs from sentai alumnis.

Although I like both Fourze and Akibaranger, both series have over-the-top antics and silly characters, not to mention cartoon noises for comedy scenes, so I think having a realistic series like Go-busters is terrific.

How is it realistic, though? A team of leather-clad superheroes isn't realistic. Sentient robots are (currently) not realistic. Magical energy sources, and Francophone villains made of data are not realistic. I ... don't get it :sweat:

I will however agree it is somewhat more realistic than Akibaranger ...

I don't do sense
Go-Busters isn't realistic, it's subdued and detailed. These are two different things. Getting offtopic there, though.
It's Akibaranger that's realistic if anything! Sentai otaku-manchildren are looked down upon and hotblooded fantasies are but a fantasy! Just like in the real life!
Oh and a cosplayer of all people calls Akagi out on being a manchild. What a twist!

Silly Rookie
When a woman dressed up in a garish cat copslay thinks YOU'RE the sad one...Damn.

Banned
I don't think people are complaining about Go-Busters due to it "attempting to be different". Really, Go-Busters main cast is fairly bland, and, although they are getting development among themselves and solid interactions, the show really doesn't seem to be putting much effort to make the viewer like them. So, due to not connecting with the characters, people start nitpicking various aspects of the show. That was similar to what happened to Goseiger, although it handled that aspect even worse than Go-Busters'.

There is nothing bland about gobusters. Also people stop speaking for "people". You can only speak for yourself. Stop using "people think" as an excuse.

Banned
I love how the /a/ topic on Akbiaranger is people actually talking about the show, but (at least one) /m/ thread devolved into a viscous TVN vs. O-T sub war at the drop of a hat.

Sometimes i hate the internet.