always henshining'
I think that's more just terrible, terrible writing really. Nago is the MOST inconsistent thing in Kiva. I mean I thought Kabuto dropped the ball on making Tsurugi into a comic relief (who wasnt even funny) but man, Nago takes the cake. I relished in every bad thing that happened to him and to this day wonder what drugs Megumi was on when she married the asshole. Seriously, Id appreciate hearing from anyone who rooted for Nago at any point in the series. Further proof to me that the writer was just shitting episodes of Kiva up by the week. Steaming pile of Kiva.

this is really harsh but quite funny and true :laugh:

I'm A Djinn
It's not that I hate Nago because he's a dick (he's not even the worst thing abot the show for me). You can have douchebags/assholes and still like them for being that way. It has been done before.

It's because I dont know what the flying **** they want to do with this guy:

I will defeat Kiva.

Buttons!

So you're Kiva, fight alongside me.

Im not IXA?

Imma be your coach *PUNCHED* owwwww

Hooray Im IXA again

Imma go blind?

Totally hooking up with this chick that I never had chemistry with, and showed no previous care or attention to. Im the only one getting laid in this series, bitchz (that isnt already dead).

Yeah, writing at it's finest.

Sure tokusatsu and Riders have their own flaws, but combining all wont match up to how stupid this series is.

Watching Kiva is so mch crap, it gave my PC e-coli.

I think that's more just terrible, terrible writing really. Nago is the MOST inconsistent thing in Kiva. I mean I thought Kabuto dropped the ball on making Tsurugi into a comic relief (who wasnt even funny) but man, Nago takes the cake. I relished in every bad thing that happened to him and to this day wonder what drugs Megumi was on when she married the asshole. Seriously, Id appreciate hearing from anyone who rooted for Nago at any point in the series. Further proof to me that the writer was just shitting episodes of Kiva up by the week. Steaming pile of Kiva.
Well Nago's role in the series was the Tachibana from Blade or Date from OOO style "more experienced secondary Rider who mentors the main protagonist" but, much like Ryunusuke from Shinkenger, they had him be very serious and up-tight and then exploited that for much of the series' comic relief. The character didn't really bug me, but wasn't one I really liked either. From what I've seen, most of his fans actually just really like the Ixa suit design rather than the character, which in a way is the most damning thing you can say about Nago.

As for him getting with Megumi, well it was a very stereotypical "opposites attract" thing, but it did seem very tacked on and more like she took pity on him for going blind rather than actual romance. But frankly it was a B-plot thread anyway. They didn't have anything for them two to do in the story anymore, so it was that or put them on a bus.

Anyway, wasn't Kiva written by the same guys that did Faiz? Maybe they just suck at writing secondary riders.

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
Anyway, wasn't Kiva written by the same guys that did Faiz? Maybe they just suck at writing secondary riders.

Aside from episodes 15-16, everything else iirc was written by Toshiki Inoue who yes, did write Faiz (and Agito),

Aside from episodes 15-16, everything else iirc was written by Toshiki Inoue who yes, did write Faiz (and Agito),
Which is slightly odd as Agito did have some OK secondary riders. Well, I wasn't really much of a Gills fan... G3 was just a walking punchbag... Another Agito wasn't officially a rider... V1 neither... OK secondary riders really aren't this guys thing!

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Another Agito was a secondary rider for sure. I don't know Another Agito isn't considered a rider, since his motif was a direct homage to the original Kamen Rider.

Another Agito was a secondary rider for sure. I don't know Another Agito isn't considered a rider, since his motif was a direct homage to the original Kamen Rider.

Because he doesn't have "Rider" in his name officially. He's just "Another Agito", not "Kamen Rider Another Agito".

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Oh I see. In that regards, yes, he wasn't a Kamen Rider. But that's a sad reason for him not to be one. Oh well.