SLICE
Um, Knight, the Zetton Assassin, and Zetton itself, are not of the same...anything really.

You've already expressed that you don't know about the showa bunch, so I'll just tell you.

The one Auska defeated was one of the Zetton Aliens. I'm a little fuzzy at times on how this works exactly, but it either refers to their species or planet name. They have shown up only rarely through Ultraman history, I think only in the original briefly, Max and in the Ultra Galaxy movie.

Through out it all, they've shown quite clearly that they are not powerful beings.

They often have to act through agents, or use their technology to their advantage.

Case in point-the Zetton creature, the monster that nearly killed the original Ultraman.

Zetton, the monster, is a genetic bioweapon created by the Zetton aliens, made up of the DNA of some of the toughest and nastiest monsters Ultraman fought. It was made specifically to kill Ultraman, and had all sorts of abilities and tricks to do so.

Due to the fact that the Zetton monster was created, not a natural born kaiju like Gomora or the Baltan aliens, Bat figured out how to create his own in Ultraman Jack's time and did so, giving it some improvements from Jack's foes along the way.

Of course the critical flaw with Zetton is that, once you get past the shields, it's not that tough a critter.

It's likely, if this is the same Bat alien, or if it's a companion/follower of him, he just took the old Zetton blue prints and kicked them up a notch.

EDIT: Just saw your second question. As far as we can tell, no. Ultras were almost entirely human before they had to create the Spark-they just had far more advanced technology than us.

That's the thing about the Ultra universe-a lot of the time, the aliens in question aren't all that much better than us. You have the ones like Baltan, Metron to a degree (he can grow giant, but it's questionable how powerful he really is) and Tempera(? The dude who fought the original Ultra Bros and was slaughtered, and then a relative showed up and fought Mebius..and died), but then you also have the ones like the Zetton aliens, the Pendans, and the Goth.

All they had going for them was super advanced technology, and in the first and last's case the ability to create bioweapons to kill things with. The Pendans, as I'm not sure you know, are the original creator of King Joe.

Last edited:
Shyni
Yeah, the Zetton seijin in the original series were a race of aliens that spent decades planning to invade earth. They sent their giant monster Zetton after their UFO fleet was destroyed.

One last thing. In Ultra Galaxy Legend, we learned that the Ultras had been humanoid beings themselves before their sun went out, and they were transformed by the Plasma Spark. Do you think that they had had these awesome powers of flight, telekinesis, telepathy, etc., before their transformation? And, that these powers were seriously amplified by the Spark?
Or, did the Spark give them these powers? :eyebrow:

See, the origin shown during the Ultra Galaxy movie actually comes from some old supplementary material, summarized here. I think all their powers came from the Plasma Spark affecting their evolution over the millenia. That's what the summary makes it sound like.

Miss me?

auf79f.jpg

*from the latest chapter of ULTRAMAN

Food for Thought ...

Um, Knight, the Zetton Assassin, and Zetton itself, are not of the same...anything really.

You've already expressed that you don't know about the showa bunch, so I'll just tell you.

The one Auska defeated was one of the Zetton Aliens. I'm a little fuzzy at times on how this works exactly, but it either refers to their species or planet name. They have shown up only rarely through Ultraman history, I think only in the original briefly, Max and in the Ultra Galaxy movie.

Through out it all, they've shown quite clearly that they are not powerful beings.

They often have to act through agents, or use their technology to their advantage.

Case in point-the Zetton creature, the monster that nearly killed the original Ultraman.

Zetton, the monster, is a genetic bioweapon created by the Zetton aliens, made up of the DNA of some of the toughest and nastiest monsters Ultraman fought. It was made specifically to kill Ultraman, and had all sorts of abilities and tricks to do so.

Due to the fact that the Zetton monster was created, not a natural born kaiju like Gomora or the Baltan aliens, Bat figured out how to create his own in Ultraman Jack's time and did so, giving it some improvements from Jack's foes along the way.

Of course the critical flaw with Zetton is that, once you get past the shields, it's not that tough a critter.

It's likely, if this is the same Bat alien, or if it's a companion/follower of him, he just took the old Zetton blue prints and kicked them up a notch.

EDIT: Just saw your second question. As far as we can tell, no. Ultras were almost entirely human before they had to create the Spark-they just had far more advanced technology than us.

That's the thing about the Ultra universe-a lot of the time, the aliens in question aren't all that much better than us. You have the ones like Baltan, Metron to a degree (he can grow giant, but it's questionable how powerful he really is) and Tempera(? The dude who fought the original Ultra Bros and was slaughtered, and then a relative showed up and fought Mebius..and died), but then you also have the ones like the Zetton aliens, the Pendans, and the Goth.

All they had going for them was super advanced technology, and in the first and last's case the ability to create bioweapons to kill things with. The Pendans, as I'm not sure you know, are the original creator of King Joe.

Well, thank you for confirming beyond a doubt that regular Zettons can teleport. It just seems that HyperZetton has been expressly designed to kill super-Ultras. Even highly-trained ones like Zero.

Also, thanks for answering the second question. So, the artificially-created Plasma Spark bestowed super-powers upon an entire race. I have to wonder, who was really doing the creating there?

All this proves just how urgent it is to get a full synopsis of Saga, so we can see where the producers are going with the Ultra franchise. Because, if Saga doesn't make things better for the franchise, to make it where they can have a TV series going again, we could see it peter off the air completely.

Shyni
Um, if by "who was really doing the creating" you mean "who created the Plasma Spark", check the link in my post. Somebody called "the Ultra Elder". But there's no information as to how he did it, or what he used to create it.

Also, even if Saga doesn't do well enough, I doubt the franchise will just die off completely, considering that it's managed to come back more than once already. Plus, it's been mentioned that Ultra Series is still quite profitable in merchandising. I imagine that it'll still live out a bit longer, even if this movie doesn't do well.

Last edited:
I hate to say this but Saga is one of the worst ultraman movies i have ever seen. The whole movie felt rush and incomplete, and I agree with James that the AKB48 members took alot of screen time. I couldn't believe it when
[HIDE]one of the members gave Saga commands on how he should fight hyper zetton when the man was already thrashing zetton.[/HIDE]
And for those interested in the fight scenes, if you compile all the videos shown so far, you would have already seen about 95% of all the fight scenes in this movie.

UltrafansDyna
I hate to say this but Saga is one of the worst ultraman movies i have ever seen. The whole movie felt rush and incomplete, and I agree with James that the AKB48 members took alot of screen time. I couldn't believe it when
[HIDE]one of the members gave Saga commands on how he should fight hyper zetton when the man was already thrashing zetton.[/HIDE]
And for those interested in the fight scenes, if you compile all the videos shown so far, you would have already seen about 95% of all the fight scenes in this movie.

that is very horrible bro :O_O:

Lurker

That point there is indeed astonishing. Nobody does that to an Ultraman... unless if he's losing of course.

Key points
[HIDE]-Asuka is the one who tells Zero to go to the other world
- In Dyna's world, they are celebrating the achievement of Asuka when some leftover spheres attack the base
- Taiga and some spheres get captured by bat seijin
- Zero is wondering why Earth has no humans when bat seijin returns, battle commences.
- Zero merges with Taiga
- Bat seijin inserts the captured spheres into zetton
- Lame scenes of Taiga and mute boy running from the monster before Cosmos appears in front of them to subdue the monster
- For some reason, Zero knows about Cosmos already (Never explained why)
- Bat seijin summons 2 monsters to attack, Musashi transforms but is losing. Zero tricks Taiga into transforming which backfires because without his cooperation, Zero can't transform to his full size but they still manage to win (though Zero gets totally humiliated)
- Musashi and Taiga learn about Dyna from team U but do not know his fate
- Zetton is unleashed the next day and attacks the base, Musashi transforms to protect the base but is overwhelmed by zetton's attacks (Cosmos has the most screen time and number of transformations in this movie but it is never revealed how he came to this world)
- Dyna's fate is revealed when his stone statue is seen
- Taiga finally accepts his duty as an ultraman when he finds out the truth about Team U being a fake team
- Zero and Cosmos fight Zetton, Cosmos gets knocked out in the middle of the fight leaving Zero to fend for himself
- Dyna is revived as glitter dyna and revives cosmos (just guessing cause Dyna was completely gold)
- the 3 ultras do some damage to zetton before defeating him with a powered up ultimate zero attack
- Bat seijin merges himself and his spaceship with zetton to create hyper zetton
- The 3 ultras are defeated and Zero 'dies'
- The 3 men do not give up, tranforming again but this time into Saga (wonder if Noa is involved)
- Saga defeats Hyper Zetton and all the humans are freed
- Musashi returns to his own world, Asuka makes a brief return to his world, telling his comrades they will meet again before leaving again and Taiga decides to stay in Team U's Earth
- Possible hint that this is Zero's last appearance as he says farewell to humans[/HIDE]

Last edited: