SLICE
She knows the basics, as any combat medic must.

But she's not a fighter. That's not a skill of hers.

Her skill is healing and making others better-bringing miracles.

There's a reason you never saw McCoy throwing down with a Gorn.

A Question About Ultraman Mebius

Or, rather, a guest-star on his show. In Episode #38, "Isana of The Ocean," the main team is temporarily joined by the pilot of a super sub-jet, called Sea Winger. Which is, finally, a worthy heir to Voyage to The Bottom of the Sea's Flying Sub, but I digress ...

According to Wikipedia, Hiroshi Isana poses as an "outcast", but the English translation simply says "he works alone". As it turns out, at the end, we find that he's actually the captain of GUYS' Ocean branch - and that he found out that Mirai and Mebius are one and the same. But, he doesn't reveal Mebius' secret, making him a true friend.

My question is, what could have made him "an outcast"? Could it have been his original background as a tech, who decided to apply for a higher position, against the wishes of his technician boss?

SLICE
Or, rather, a guest-star on his show. In Episode #38, "Isana of The Ocean," the main team is temporarily joined by the pilot of a super sub-jet, called Sea Winger. Which is, finally, a worthy heir to Voyage to The Bottom of the Sea's Flying Sub, but I digress ...

According to Wikipedia, Hiroshi Isana poses as an "outcast", but the English translation simply says "he works alone". As it turns out, at the end, we find that he's actually the captain of GUYS' Ocean branch - and that he found out that Mirai and Mebius are one and the same. But, he doesn't reveal Mebius' secret, making him a true friend.

My question is, what could have made him "an outcast"? Could it have been his original as a tech, who decided to for a higher position, against the wishes of his technician ?

...Did I miss a conversation?

Lurker
...Did I miss a conversation?

Nah, he was just asking a new question. I don't know why Isana was labeled as an "outcast" by Wikipedia. Must be some fool who posted that sentence.

I mean, GUYS crew already knew he was from the Ocean branch when they first met him. To me, they are all GUYS. So, I don't get the meaning there.

For your info, that technician boss... is his father.

EDIT: I think I may be wrong about the technician boss being his father. Cause in the episode, Isana calls him Tot-san, which means father. It could be his way of calling him maybe because they are very close back then. Anyway, near the end of the episode, it shows the boss supporting what Isana is doing, as GUYS OCean's Captain.

Last edited:
Nah, he was just asking a new question. I don't know why Isana was labeled as an "outcast" by Wikipedia. Must be some fool who posted that sentence.

I mean, GUYS crew already knew he was from the Ocean branch when they first met him. To me, they are all GUYS. So, I don't get the meaning there.

For your info, that technician boss... is his father.

EDIT: I think I may be wrong about the technician boss being his father. Cause in the episode, Isana calls him Tot-san, which means father. It could be his way of calling him maybe because they are very close back then. Anyway, near the end of the episode, it shows the boss supporting what Isana is doing, as GUYS OCean's Captain.

Thank you.

I had thought that maybe he'd gotten labeled "an outcast" because he decided to go into a very dangerous profession against his technician-boss/father's wishes, and ended up on a team of one. Which is why he may have wanted to join GUYS Japan team for awhile ... {Plus, they may not have had the budget to do an entire team of SeaWingers and their pilots ... :( }

But as you say, Isana and Ariso were very close in the beginning, but had apparently suffered some sort of estrangement. One that Konomi tried to mend. And, of course, as GUYS' Ocean Captain, he finally won the respect of his father and colleagues.

Writers of Specific Ultraman Episodes

I've noticed on Wikipedia that the more recent Rider shows have listings of the author and a short synopsis of each story. Is there any way we can get that for Ultramman Tiga - Ultraman Mebius?

Since this falls under Tsubaraya, I'm asking this here. Any opinions on the non-Ultra related Tsubaraya series are.

For example, I've poke around at the latest one, Bio Planet Woo. Apparently, it was inspired by one of the rejected story ideas for what became Ultraman. Here's a clip:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNl0Yf1pDw0"]A Neglected Bio Planet: A New Outlook - YouTube[/ame]

Looks cutsey, right? Well, I've read up on some things and apparently [HIDE]an entire middle school is killed off in one episode.[/HIDE]

o_O

And not only that, but apparently the title character himself [HIDE] accidentally summons most of these monsters when he's pissed.[/HIDE]

o_O

Um yeah, this series sounds fucked up. Anyone seen it?

Shyni
Sorry, I haven't seen WoO.

Anyway, I want o ask something: has there ever been a time travel plot in Ultra Series? Besides Tiga episode 49, I mean.