Kamen Rider vs. Sentai Movie "Superhero Taisen" May 2012

Looks like even villains like Questers didn't have any lines.

Not sure about the Questers, but concluding on who got lines or not at this point from the vague description that skimmed over many battles throughout the movie (and especially the final battle itself) can be rather misleading.

In the 2ch thread, they've went on to say that there's a Fouze vs Apollogeist battle and he uses Magnet States to defeat him, and it had been confirmed before that Apollogeist uses the Geist Cutter in the movie at some point. Brajira also apparently had lines, introducing himself as "Brajira of the Dai-Zangyack". The spoiler provider in the 2ch thread did confirm that Mezool had no lines though. In general, it seems that many of the returning villains are actually putting up fights here, even if quick, rather than just rolling over like grunts during the final battle, differently from in All Riders vs Dai-Shocker and Let's Go Kamen Riders.

Although, yes, regarding past actors, it seems like they didn't put much effort here. Even Apollogeist has been confirmed to be played by Diend's actor rather than even the Decade guy again... Either way, I don't think the presence of actors makes much difference. Let's Go Kamen Riders had returning actors for most of the villains, and yet they still rolled over and fell like dominoes in the final battle, often without putting up any kind of fight. The fact that the spoilers mention Hibiki getting beaten up before turning around the battle, and Fourze needing to use Magnet States against a villain that doesn't seem plot relevant at all for this movie is a very good sign, IMO.

^ That's all well and good, but just advertise is a "Kamen Rider Decade VS Gokaiger" then, and not pretend like it's going to be some super-huge-important, mind-blowing team-up spanning the entire history of both franchises when it chooses to focus on just, like, two shows/heroes from each.

They've said since the start that Decade and Gokaired are the leads. Well, I don't think the advertising was misleading this time anyway. Decade and Gokaiger have the most focus, but, unlike in previous movies, you've got various other heroes appearing multiple times throughout. Now, yes, Decade and Gokaiger are a constant presence, but you've also got scenes with the 7 first Riders, Fourze, Go-Busters, OOO, Goseiger, Den-O, the Kuuga-> Kiva Heisei Riders (minus Den-O), various Sentai teams from the 90s and 00s... All that before we get to the final battle with everyone around - and this time they are around in the final battle and don't disappear from many scenes, unlike in Let's Go Kamen Riders. Just compare Den-O, New Den-O and OOO randomly being alone for the final battles against the Shocker executives there, while in this movie Ryuuki, Blade and the Goseiger all pop up to fight Doctor G/Narutaki alongside Decade.

Now, there's the issue of the actors which is where your main complaint is, but the focus clearly wasn't just on Decade and Gokaiger here, especially when you compare that synopsis with past crossovers.

You think Toei would have made a real team-up movie by now. That is...get select people representing different eras, and don't limit it to suits. Nobody gives a **** if Akaranger and Stronger pose during a big CGI fight scene because they both aired in '75. It's not special, it's something you can see in any frigging stage show ad or promo.

Stage shows miss the whole "special effects" side of "tokusatsu". Comparing any actual production to one is just pointless.

You know what you can't see at the stage shows? All the frigging actors! You know what would make a movie special? Naoya Makoto as Tsuyoshi Kaijou and Hiroshi Fujioka as Takeshi Hongo sharing the screen together. But that might actually come too close to being a real team-up.

There are some special stage shows with the real actors though... Anyway, if you look at Skyrider, the episodes with 7 suits and no actors had better ratings than the episodes with individual team ups, but with the past actors on set. Let's Go Kamen Riders was Toei's biggest recent effort in bringing past actors for a Rider movie. It also focused almost exclusively on original Rider, Den-O and OOO, with the other shows combined getting like 4 minutes of screentime out of a 1:30 minutes movie. But it didn't do better than any of the other modern Rider crossovers.

I think there's a lot of evidence that the suits are actually remembered more than the actors themselves in most cases. Anyway, I'm not trying to say that you're wrong for wanting more original actors, but going on comparing movies without original actors to "stage shows" is just a fallacy.

Last edited:
Where did I say about every past actor? Is it so hard to bring some more actors for voice-only work? Especially villains.

Even a voice-only is difficult, especially on who's avaliable at that time. As much as many of us want to see past actors for these movies in some capacity. We also have to be realistic as well to where they might have other commitments to do.

Would like to change his avatar
They've said since the start that Decade and Gokaired are the leads. Well, I don't think the advertising was misleading this time anyway.

Yeah, but they still slap Akaranger, Rider 1, and other old heroes on the posters and ads, and they should just stop doing that when they have no intention of ever doing anything with those old characters.

Stage shows miss the whole "special effects" side of "tokusatsu". Comparing any actual production to one is just pointless.

Still, the "crossovers" of these movies have the same meaning as those lame stage shows, that was the point. There needs to be an actual effort and reason to bringing these heroes together, and you need the actual heroes to do that. Doing nothing but going "Let's just throw the suits together!"...what is that if not a glorified stage show?

Let's Go Kamen Riders was Toei's biggest recent effort in bringing past actors for a Rider movie.

And it was a pathetic effort. People want to see the actors back. When you hear the news it's just their voices appearing in the latest Den-O extravaganza, you just think "Who cares?" And that's why these movies are never the successes Toei thinks they should be.

I think there's a lot of evidence that the suits are actually remembered more than the actors themselves in most cases.

If so, then that's really sad, and just going to lead to even worse "team-up" movies down the road.

Maybe that's the case with someone everyone hates like Super 1 or Goggle V, but it ain't the case with the heavy-hitters, or especially when there are some shows that are pretty much only remembered for launching a certain actor. (It always seemed to me like people like Tetsuo Kurata more than they like Black himself, for example.)

can someone tell me if the gokaigers have got there ranger key's back and if there keeping them this time, because they ruined one of my project's i'd been working on for 7 months by giving there key's back so for me personaly like to think there getting them back (especilly scince gai can't summon let alone transform the gojyujin without his, so he wouldn't be much help in the inevitable gobuster vs gokaiger special).

Yeah, but they still slap Akaranger, Rider 1, and other old heroes on the posters and ads, and they should just stop doing that when they have no intention of ever doing anything with those old characters.

Rider 1 and Akaranger's presence in the Super Hero War posters is much smaller than it was in last year's crossovers though.

1328859256259.jpg

The marketing is still somewhat misleading, but only because it promotes Fourze and Go-Busters as main characters even though it seems like they disappear during the entire middle section of the movie.

Still, the "crossovers" of these movies have the same meaning as those lame stage shows, that was the point. There needs to be an actual effort and reason to bringing these heroes together, and you need the actual heroes to do that. Doing nothing but going "Let's just throw the suits together!"...what is that if not a glorified stage show?

Story-wise, this movie does seem to justify everyone's presence in some ways, with the main plot actually involving the villains going after the various heroes, and multiple heroes appearing throughout the movie, rather than just adding them to the final battle at the end. And the various posts on 2ch seem to indicate that they've tried to lessen the whole "mook heroes" and "mook villains" issue, considering the various tidbits regarding actions/scenes with returning heroes/villains that aren't part of the main cast.

Of course, I guess stage shows do that too (sometimes), so you probably won't change your complaint... But, really, I don't think it's fair to say they're just "throwing suits" if this time many "suits" are actually being treated as characters here.

What's your opinion regarding a manga like Kamen Rider Spirits? Do you care about it at all?

can someone tell me if the gokaigers have got there ranger key's back and if there keeping them this time, because they ruined one of my project's i'd been working on for 7 months by giving there key's back so for me personaly like to think there getting them back (especilly scince gai can't summon let alone transform the gojyujin without his, so he wouldn't be much help in the inevitable gobuster vs gokaiger special).

The only one who uses Ranger Keys, besides the OOO ones in the final battle, is Gokaired. One of the spoiler posts on 2ch mentioned that he might have been just borrowing the powers of the teams that were in the purple dimension playing dead. According to the spoiler pictures we've seen, it seems like Gokaired only turns into Sentai warriors that don't appear before the final battle (outside of the flashback battle against Decade), so it fits in with that.

The Gokaiger also don't use their mecha here at all, so the issue of Gokaisilver's mecha just isn't touched upon.

Last edited:
The only reason the movie was apparently able to get Eiji in the movie was because Shu Watanabe was filming something nearby. I'd like past actors to come back as much as the next guy, but considering how sometimes it comes down to a matter of convenience and cost when making a big budget movie, I can sort of understand.

Besides there's so many things that Toei can do with Decade, since the character is very compatible with other Riders & heroes.
Not really. Everyone always seems to die when he's around...
You think Toei would have made a real team-up movie by now. That is...get select people representing different eras, and don't limit it to suits.
That kinda sounds like the Gao and Bouken movies.
Decade and Gokaiger have the most focus, but, unlike in previous movies, you've got various other heroes appearing multiple times throughout. Now, yes, Decade and Gokaiger are a constant presence, but you've also got scenes with the 7 first Riders,
Yeah but the 7 Riders main focus seems to be them getting beaten up by GokaiRed. You can't really count that has having the spotlight when there being humiliated.

I think there's a lot of evidence that the suits are actually remembered more than the actors themselves in most cases. Anyway, I'm not trying to say that you're wrong for wanting more original actors, but going on comparing movies without original actors to "stage shows" is just a fallacy.
I've seen some stage shows that are more entertaining than Decade movies. No joke.

Exactly :laugh:
I didn't say who the hate was directed towards....watch yourself....fucking watch yourself...

Yeah but the 7 Riders main focus seems to be them getting beaten up by GokaiRed. You can't really count that has having the spotlight when there being humiliated.

I'm not saying that they have the "spotlight" of the movie, just that they, among many others, have some presence outside of group shots and aren't just "suits". Aside from that battle (where it turns out they're just being warped to elsewhere), at the very least, one of the scans shows that Rider 1 is also in the vs Doctor G battle. And there's still their participation in the big crowd battle that hasn't been described yet by the 2ch spoilers, so they might still get some good parts there.

Last edited: