Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Kijima probably still looks like the policeman. She'll be going "who the **** is this old guy?!"

Being cynical makes him a jerk? What do you want him to do, be cheerful all the time?

There's a bit of a difference between being cynical (e.g. Kengo) and being a manipulative liar who abuses the heroes' trust while pretending to be their friend (Ryusei.)

I know that in the warped ideas of fandom being cheerful is a bad thing, but at least Gentaro is a good example for the kids in the audience. To me that makes him the better character.

That doesn't make him a jerk. That makes him not very smart at best, insensitive to others at worst. It's not like he did it for his own amusement.

If deliberately putting others' lives in danger is merely insensitive, yes, I guess that's true.

This episode made me sorry for Nozama. She is obviously concerned about him and aware that something is wrong, but he just laughs at her behind her back. I don't think she deserves this.

There's a bit of a difference between being cynical (e.g. Kengo) and being a manipulative liar who abuses the heroes' trust while pretending to be their friend (Ryusei.)

I know that in the warped ideas of fandom being cheerful is a bad thing, but at least Gentaro is a good example for the kids in the audience. To me that makes him the better character.

Ryusei will clearly be their friend in the end though. His progress in that direction has been obvious.

The problem here isn't that being cheerful is a "bad thing", it's that you seem to have some warped ideas too. Based on what I've noticed from your posts, you don't seem to believe in forgiveness or learning from mistakes. Once you've done something "wrong", you should never be forgiven by others and should always continue like that because that mistake invalidates any future and past actions in another direction.

Like you've mentioned, this is a show for kids, so the series won't glorify Ryusei's atittude and he'll have changed in the end. You should know that, but, apparently, you'd prefer if all shows for children didn't ever bother showing the concepts of making up for a mistake or forgiveness, with every good guy being morally infallible and anyone who made any kind of morally dubious action being killed off as a villain.

Ryusei will clearly be their friend in the end though. His progress in that direction has been obvious.

The problem here isn't that being cheerful is a "bad thing", it's that you seem to have some warped ideas too. Based on what I've noticed from your posts, you don't seem to believe in forgiveness or learning from mistakes. Once you've done something "wrong", you should never be forgiven by others and should always continue like that because that mistake invalidates any future and past actions in another direction.

Like you've mentioned, this is a show for kids, so the series won't glorify Ryusei's atittude and he'll have changed in the end. You should know that, but, apparently, you'd prefer if all shows for children didn't ever bother showing the concepts of making up for a mistake or forgiveness, with every good guy being morally infallible and anyone who made any kind of morally dubious action being killed off as a villain.

I can't deny that. I do judge characters too harshly. I think my view of Ryusei is also coloured by certain spoilers currently being discussed at the rumour thread, but it's silly to do that before the episodes air.

I stand by the view that having him stick around after the closure of his arc would be a bit anti-climactic. He'd just be in the background not doing very much and possibly be hastily sidelined at the end (like Terui) so Fourze can shine. I think it a bit more likely he'll be sent back to his own school, possibly with drop-in visits to his friends at Amanogawa, which would allow him to stick around for the grand finale and the movie

Micchy Did Nothing Wrong
That's awful. Just...awful...step back...
Kijima: Sonoda-sensei!! What does Meteor do when he goes to the restroom?...****'s up a STORM!!!

I imagine they're breaking the 4th wall in there.

S: So what did you think about MS's debut?
K: I feel sad for Meteor.
S: How so?
K: Because he got SHAFTED by the SHORT END OF THE STICK. :laugh:
S: :redface2:

レイモン (雷蒙)
Ryusei borrows Gentaro's bike instead of riding his own bike.

Welcome
Ryusei borrows Gentaro's bike instead of riding his own bike.

I'm guessing Tachibanana took away his bike privileges as well.

I'm curious to know what goes in the Dark Nebula, actually, like what happened to Sonada and Kijima after getting sent there. From Sonada's reaction, it sounds like a very unpleasant place.

Are they stuck in limbo all this time? Are they in stasis? You don't suppose things would become a little...heated between Kijima and Sonada if all they do is float around in limbo...do you? :laugh:

Cue the jazz music...:laugh:

I always assumed the Dark Nebula was just some sort of giant sucking void where they float around helplessly forever and ever. One of those "fate worse than death" things

Status
Not open for further replies.