I know that there are Hurri threads out there somewhere, but seeing as how Zyuranger had it's own anniversary thread about a month ago, I thought, how about some of dem other shows? So yeah, this show is now a decade old. Reminisce!

MagiFanboy
If this thread had come out a couple months ago, I'd say that Hurricanger had the best team chemistry out of all the shows that started with only three members, but then Go-Busters started and that show has been impressing me something fierce on all accounts, including the team dynamic, so there you go.

More generally though, Hurricanger is in my estimation a somewhat above-average season, with the better parts of it coming through in the little details rather then anything about the big picture. Oh, and Tenrai Sepunjin, the final mecha that is the combination of all six mecha, was amazing and really well put together, one of the better final combine everything mecha I've seen.

Marathoning this series for the first time, currently on episode 43, I'm enjoying it, this series have better plot than Gaoranger (IMHO).

Minato Ascending
I watched this series over on Youtube (before Toei's massive purging that took out almost all the toku shows), I enjoyed it but it wasn't a perfect series or anything. I do admit that I wanted to see it for Nao Nagasawa at first, but the story managed to keep me entertained throughout and I finished the series in the end. I do have some complains, such as the fact that I found the core three members to be merely okay with the exception of Nanami/Hurricane Blue, and I think Gouraigers are imo more interesting than the three Hurricanegers. I also dislike the identity of Shurikenger being kept secret until the very end, because that lessens the impact his [hide]death[/hide] for me.

The mech designs are alright, with the exception of Karakuri Giant Senpuujin (just don't like it for some reason), but everything else (Gouraijin, Tenkuujin, and Senpuujin) were pretty well-done.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Hurricaneger isn't a favourite of mine but I remember it fondly. It had a great soundtrack and visuals, the Hurricanegers were likeable even if they weren't particularly bright or complex characters, and there were dramatic points in the story that came across very well for me

The new Tendou Souji
I couldn't get into Hurricaneger. Most of the cast bugged me and the Gouraijerks, being as they were, was tiring to watch. I do agree that Tenrai Senpuujin was really cool looking but, Kaku was the much better ninja show imo.

I'll probably get hate for this but, I generally liked Ninja Storm better.

Banned
Hurri was a fun show. I loved all the characters. Shurikenger was a great 6th. The mecha were fun.

Lurker
I really liked Shurikenger.
Not only was he voiced by Taiki Matsuno, but his human forms were awesome.
Getting to see familiar faces was a nice touch.
Plus the amounts of references when they transformed into Shurikenger was neat too.

I couldn't get into Hurricaneger. Most of the cast bugged me and the Gouraijerks, being as they were, was tiring to watch.

I never got why people love them so much. What's the difference between them and someone like Tendou, as far as talking about characters that are considered "badass" and not the typical "nice guy"?

Kaku was the much better ninja show imo.

Agreed. Hurricanger feels like a watered down Liveman with a more far-fetched premise. I don't get why the Jakanja had to be alien ninjas instead of a clan of demon/supernatural ninjas. That would have been a better fit, especially when you have characters like Satorakura looking like they were swiped directly from feudal Japan and looking like a demon behind his mask anyway.

I'll probably get hate for this but, I generally liked Ninja Storm better.

The mobs with pitchforks would have hunted you down a few years back on RB.

Minato Ascending
I never got why people love them so much. What's the difference between them and someone like Tendou, as far as talking about characters that are considered "badass" and not the typical "nice guy"?

I like the Gouraigers because although they were antagonistic toward the Hurricanegers early on, they were actually misled and deceived but later allied with the three heroes against Jakanja once they found out the truth. I also found their mission to protect the Hurricaneger in the shadow without drawing attention to themselves to be quite honorable, even when Ikkou was dying from that parasite inside his body. Oh, and I found their motif and costumes, as well as their mech, to be superior to Hurricaneger's. Of course, I'm probably in the minority regarding my opinion on Gouraigers, as the majority seems to dislike the two brothers.